Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aeries1

Detonations since 5.15

22 comments in this topic

Members
636 posts
7,729 battles

Wondering if I may have missed anything in the patch notes.  Did they increase the chance for detonations in 5.15?  Have only played maybe 40 - 50 games since the patch dropped and have detonated 4 times.  2 times were in DD's running the detonation module, so about a 1/300 chance.  Once in my NC and again today in my Hindenberg from the first shell to land on me. 

Has anyone else noticed a drastic increase like this?  Did I miss something or am I just suffering the worst RNG detonation streak in 4000 games?  Nearly 10% detonations is really getting to me.

Edited by Aeries1

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

Confirmation Bias. If something had changed, the dataminers would have it posted all over Reddit.

[BLEP]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
585 posts
5,429 battles

Wondering if I may have missed anything in the patch notes.  Did they increase the chance for detonations in 5.15?  Have only played maybe 40 - 50 games since the patch dropped and have detonated 4 times.  2 times were in DD's running the detonation module, so about a 1/300 chance.  Once in my NC and again today in my Hindenberg from the first shell to land on me. 

Has anyone else noticed a drastic increase like this?  Did I miss something or am I just suffering the worst RNG detonation streak in 4000 games?  Nearly 10% detonations is really getting to me.

My division mates and I all noticed an increase after 5.14. As in with 2 other people in my division at least one of us detonated in a match about 15 times over 80ish matches in the course of a weekend.

Like Fog said it could be confirmation bias after awhile but we weren't looking for it after that update just noticing it happened quite a bit. I also haven't played too much over the past 2 or 3 weeks though to see if it was just an unlucky increase over a short time or if it continued.. It would be nice if there was a metric for detonations by time period so we could see an actual number for a given time frame.

Members
636 posts
7,729 battles

Confirmation Bias.

Reading OP, please nerf.

​It is an actual question if something has changed.  Not a tinfoil hat rant.  If not then it is just the worst detonation streak I have ever experienced and RNG is just taking a royal dump on me. 

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Aeries1

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

I have noticed more detonations.

I think I've seen more cruiser/BB detonations since the patch that I've ever seen before.

Edited by Wulfgarn

Members
636 posts
7,729 battles

My division mates and I all noticed an increase after 5.14. As in with 2 other people in my division at least one of us detonated in a match about 15 times over 80ish matches in the course of a weekend.

Like Fog said it could be confirmation bias after awhile but we weren't looking for it after that update just noticing it happened quite a bit. I also haven't played too much over the past 2 or 3 weeks though to see if it was just an unlucky increase over a short time or if it continued.. It would be nice if there was a metric for detonations by time period so we could see an actual number for a given time frame.

​Didn't notice anything with 5.14 personally out of the norm anyway.  It happens, we all hate it even though it's "Fun and Engaging".  Just a weird streak.  Haven't played much since the drop due to moving into a new house so noticing that high of number of detonations in so few games I have played hasn't been too difficult.  Dunno, just extreme edge of bad luck I suppose.  Must sacrifice more dogs I guess.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Confirmation bias. If the dice roller had changed, the reddit's resident dataminers would have struck gold by now.

I haven't detonated in a few months.

Reading OP, please nerf.

​It is an actual question if something has changed.  Not a tinfoil hat rant.  If not then it is just the worst detonation streak I have ever experienced and RNG is just taking a royal dump on me. 

Edit: Spelling

That isn't tin-foil hatting. Sometimes RNG just takes a dump. Some people more than others.

[BLEP]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
585 posts
5,429 battles

​Didn't notice anything with 5.14 personally out of the norm anyway.  It happens, we all hate it even though it's "Fun and Engaging".  Just a weird streak.  Haven't played much since the drop due to moving into a new house so noticing that high of number of detonations in so few games I have played hasn't been too difficult.  Dunno, just extreme edge of bad luck I suppose.  Must sacrifice more dogs I guess.

I usually don't mind detonating to be fair, just that in some of these cases it was a little bit ridiculous. I got detonated by torps 3 times, which I had only seen a handful of times since Alpha, along with my division mates once or twice and then getting detonated by a DD (VMF?) in a battleship was just a little irritating.

Actual stats would be nice like I said to keep track but if Compass hasn't noticed anything I would tend to believe it was just bad luck for some of us.

Members
251 posts
1,917 battles

I have had 3 since 5.15 and all have been on DD with the 100% flag and not running the Juliet Unaone.  So had nothing to reduce this.. How is that possible?  Was going to put in a ticket asking just that but have not done so.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,312 battles

FYI for everyone; it is only a detonation if you get 10 "no more detonation" flags afterwards. If you don't get the flags, you were just blown up and sank, not detonated.

[TF_16]
Members
75 posts
11,382 battles

My Iowa and Bismarck both got detonated from near full health by a lone torpedo striking below turret No. 2. Both stock at the time, tho I'm pretty sure my Iowa blew up before 5.15. Since then my Iowa, Bismarck, and every DD except my Ognevoi has Magazine Mod 1 installed. I would rather blow up than lose a turret on the Ognevoi. :teethhappy:

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,629 battles

I am detonating ships left and right...course I got these amazing ha..cough cough cks.... seriously, all seems normal, except it seems I am getting less citadels...but thats probably just me.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Confirmation Bias. If something had changed, the dataminers would have it posted all over Reddit.

Reddit, and the handful of minor leak sites that now exist.

[WOLF7]
Members
755 posts
23,849 battles

I had read about the detonation stuff on the forums but never had it happen to me. Then I had it happen 5 times in 2 days. For me I've seen them come in waves not a trickle. After I bought the Perth that weekend I had seen probably 20 detonations with 7 being shots from the Perth. I thought about saving all the screenshots and making a silly post about Aussie spiders on here but with people on the forums have a hard time reading or giving sympathy I just deleted them. 

[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
5,060 battles

I tend to detonate plenty of US DDs in my Moskva, strangely because I under-led them and landed a cluster of shells on those after turrets, seems to be a calling card lately.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

Wondering if I may have missed anything in the patch notes.  Did they increase the chance for detonations in 5.15? 

No.

Seems like every single patch we have a similar thread. Sometimes a few of them :)

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

I haven't noticed any uptick, and I pay attention to that stuff. They throttled dets back a couple of patches ago after the Great Det Increase, and things seem to be stable since then. 

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,145 battles

As much as I hate detonations (and I hate the ignorant defenders even more) only 50 matches is not a valid datapoint. You'd have to run easily 2000 matches just yourself to get a valid sample set. 

[MAUS]
Members
13,686 posts

I have had 3 since 5.15 and all have been on DD with the 100% flag and not running the Juliet Unaone.  So had nothing to reduce this.. How is that possible?  Was going to put in a ticket asking just that but have not done so.

Provide the replays for that, please.  The Devs have said very clearly that if you're running the Juliet Charlie flag, it is impossible to detonate.  If you've an example showing otherwise, this is a serious bug and should be recorded and reported correctly.  Please upload one or any examples you have to WoWReplays.com and share them.

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

After each patch, detonations are more prevalent for a few days. It has always been that way.

I'm surprised no one has made mention, or noticed this.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this