You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gene_Inari

Can I ask a 40% how they get their winrate so low?

395 comments in this topic

Members
219 posts
5,509 battles

It's an honest question. If a good player can pull their win-rate to 60% by being skilled. How much effort does it take to go 10% the other way? I mean, just. What is the mindset? How does a 40% player, well, play? 

[AYE]
Members
21 posts
3,012 battles

It's not all down to the player. Sometimes, particularly weekends tend to be really bad for WR's. For EX - yesterday was about a 46% for me. 

The predication that a single player's WR reflects how they play as a person is a ridiculous notion. 

• Cool 7

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

If you have few enough games, a bad streak can wreck your WR.

Beta Testers
126 posts
1,477 battles

Playing while drunk is my usual problem. I get overly aggressive when I'm drinking and playing boats. I want to kill all the things.  But I'm not a 40%er.

Edited by Belesarius
  • Cool 7

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

i presume the 40% I tracked was basically afk at least mulitple games or never loaded or just pressed play and went to another vessel

Members
219 posts
5,509 battles

Except over a large enough sample, streaks even out. I'm taking the "40% WR even after 2500 games" kind of player.

• Cool 1

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

It's an honest question. If a good player can pull their win-rate to 60% by being skilled. How much effort does it take to go 10% the other way? I mean, just. What is the mindset? How does a 40% player, well, play? 

Probably the same way you managed this:

LgmR4e1.jpg

And when you add to it that they simply don't take the game seriously, then it's actually easily understandable.

• Cool 7

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Maybe, just maybe, they play for fun and could care less about win rates and stats that have no real world meaning.
  • Cool 4

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

You have to be doing something detrimental to your team in a majority of battles. The other day i had a teammate in a hindenburg(full health) refuse to chase down and kill a fletcher that had 3kish hp left and was only 7km away. Looked him up after battle: 38% win rate with over  1500 battles. Yeah, people can be that bad. The problem is when they don't realize they are bad.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,582 battles

In this game it is quite easy to get into painful losing streaks especially if you don't have a division of solid players to help out.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Sunday morning elitism, how refreshing.....:teethhappy:

Sad that so many people think a game is that important to their lives...:amazed:

• Cool 6

Members
219 posts
5,509 battles

That's literally 3 games I'm playing right now and posting between matches. And you want to know the kind of matches I've been having in those 3 games?

I get shotgun torped in the bow from smoke and have to play conservative. I win, but get carried. Next, team gets the caps in a domination game and then rolls over and dies with the point lead aginst a team with a 0xp afk to boot. And third, I go for a cap and get chased down by a sims with 0 support while the other side's lemming train beats my side's lemming train.

I'm at the mercy of 11 other people in those matches.

Members
6,889 posts
14,873 battles

Except over a large enough sample, streaks even out. I'm taking the "40% WR even after 2500 games" kind of player.

I had a 51 or so WR at one time.  I am an average player but I spend about a month where I could not buy a win.  I am never going to do a 55+ unless I have a lot more time and a good division.  Up until Back Friday - I was also a non-premium player.

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

It's not all down to the player. Sometimes, particularly weekends tend to be really bad for WR's. For EX - yesterday was about a 46% for me. 

The predication that a single player's WR reflects how they play as a person is a ridiculous notion. 

Indeed, sometimes you just get bad teams, or the enemy team is more coordinated, oryou make a mistake too early in the game and get deleted (happened in my first Molotov game last night...woops)

Beta Testers
169 posts
1,623 battles

I had a player on my team last night with almost 7,000 battles and about a 42% winrate overall. He was in a destroyer and would not cap or hunt the enemy destroyer that had 2k hp left. He was trying to set a Bismarck on fire the whole time. It was luck we didn't lose becuase the enemy destroyer killed several people at the end.

I have bad days with 30% winrates sometimes but over time it all evens out.

Edited by anof

Members
117 posts
4,309 battles

Ive been back 3 weeks and lost near 3 percentage points. I wanted to rage about it but i know it comes in streaks. With as few games as I have under my belt, the swings happen quickly. I just want my average xp per match and average damage per match to continue to climb and im satisfied...   For now

[SALVO]
Members
16,451 posts
10,192 battles

Sunday morning elitism, how refreshing.....:teethhappy:

Sad that so many people think a game is that important to their lives...:amazed:

you are really the mono thematic kind of person, don`t you?
  • Cool 2

[ONE38]
Members
3,782 posts
14,818 battles

I have wonder what has gone so horribly wrong in their apparent life (have any?) to write a post like this.  Well played. 

[HIT]
Beta Testers
492 posts
6,746 battles

Ratings? what are ratings? and who cares?   Its a game... I play to have fun. 

Members
1,819 posts

Also math 

For every player that has a 60% some player must have a 40%. Not really truly exactly but you get the idea. For any player to win and equal amount of players must lose or quit. This is the inherent problem with tracking losses in online pvp game. And why many newer games have stopped tracking losses and games played and just track wins. Because players with bad win ratios almost invariably quit. 

Instead of viewing they have lost 60% of their games, and are 40/60, they look and just see 40 wins.

Edited by Kconvey_1
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,192 posts
15,767 battles

Over short term streaks far above average and far below will happen. When the final last reset patch hit near the end of closed beta for reasons I never figured out I crashed from a solid 53% to 25% and it took me 500 or so matches to even get it into the 40% range and since there to the current 50%. How someone can have three thousand or more matches and still be that far below average has to take extreme dedication to not learn from mistakes.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,192 posts
15,767 battles

Also math 

For every player that has a 60% some player must have a 40%. Not really truly exactly but you get the idea. For any player to win and equal amount of players must lose or quit. This is the inherent problem with tracking losses in online pvp game. And why many newer games have stopped tracking losses and games played and just track wins. Because players with bad win ratios almost invariably quit. 

Instead of viewing they have lost 60% of their games, and are 40/60, they look and just see 40 wins.

Actually it doesn't have to be and it isn't a one to one ratio. It is more like for every 60% there are two or three 45% just below average players. My math may be wrong but the principle applies, several slightly below average for every well above average.

Members
95 posts
6,105 battles

These people dont care about winning and more of a crutch for their own team. They dont try and have no skill, completly obilvious to their surroundings or how to captain thier ship. They also feel that better players are elite snobs and they use that as a excuse to suck cause they dont want to be like them.

I had the luck of having a Yamato with a 38% win rate on my team. He free xp his way to tier 10. He stayed at max range the entire time firing HE at everything. Eventually got torped by a lone dd, completely useless and as our only tier 10 he easily cost us the battle. 

Or my favorite is the "i only play for fun" losers. Guess what, we all play for fun, but the better players play to win. So maybe try that and see your win rate go up. 

Edited by KD2
  • Cool 3