You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Premium Ship Review: Shinonome

62 comments in this topic

Lert    16,237

dzw8sWI.gif

Goodlooking ship, I like the white bridge and broad stroke camouflage, less busy on the eyes than many other Japanese green camouflages.

• Cool 6

DanielLeary    48

In the concealment and Camouflage section, you mention the Udaloi, which is a Tier IX ship that the Shinonome shouldn't see unless divisioned with a Tier VII ship.  I think you meant the Ognevoi in that section. 

LittleWhiteMouse    17,286

In the concealment and Camouflage section, you mention the Udaloi, which is a Tier IX ship that the Shinonome shouldn't see unless divisioned with a Tier VII ship.  I think you meant the Ognevoi in that section. 

I did indeed.  Thank you, will fix.

_Ezekiel_    55

Minor nitpick Mouse:

Torpedoes:  Six tubes in 3x3 launchers mounted dorsally.

Wouldn't that be nine tubes?

Minor nitpick Mouse:

Wouldn't that be nine tubes?

It would.  Oh, math, I hate you so. :)

Goodwood_Alpha    700

Do you think this might be a preface to them refreshing the models for the tree Fubuki and Kagerō

That wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks for putting in the effort to get out a review so soon after her release, Mouse. It's good to know she'll be a nice and reliable "go-to" premium and not a substitute stinker, as some of the reward tanks in WoT have been known to be.

Yorcke    33

Nice review as always, but I just can't see players getting excited and grinding Campaigns to get it - just not worth it.

Goodwood_Alpha    700

Nice review as always, but I just can't see players getting excited and grinding Campaigns to get it - just not worth it.

That depends on your point of view. What amounts to a free ship is still a free ship, and you do get some pretty good rewards for completing the tasks and missions. If you play random battles on a regular basis, as long as you're remembering to activate the different tasks and collect the pins/rewards, chances are you won't have to do much out of your comfort zone to get them done.
  • Cool 1

Given that some of the missions are easily accomplished by just doing things you're doing anyway, you don't need to pay any special attention towards grinding them other than re-activating the same mission over and over until the Final Mission is unlocked at each stage.  For the first tier, for example, queue up task 6.  It simply requires you to be in the top 7 experience in a winning match 7 times in tier 8+ ships.  This will award you two pins each time you complete it.  The final mission for the first tier is no more arduous either, requiring you to earn 3M credits which is simply a matter of time.  In this manner, anyone can acquire the Shinonome without much stress if they're willing to be patient.  So far we haven't seen a deadline on the campaigns so it pays to pursue it, even if it's only casually.
  • Cool 2

Lert    16,237

Exactly. Unlike the personal missions in WoT which often require extraordinary achievements, I expect to get Shinonome just by playing as normal and remembering to tick missions.

• Cool 1

MrDeaf    2,514

Do you get Shinonome in the science missions or victory missions?

Izolyn    229

Do you get Shinonome in the science missions or victory missions?

Honorable Service, I believe. The one that requires T8 - T10 ships.

Lert    16,237

K2K0Z1G.gif

Phoenix_jz    1,689

Great review as always, Mouse!

I'm actually looking forward to getting this ship

ThreeLineRifle    180

The last step only has 2 for t8-10 which isn't enough to complete it while the rest is t10 only. If the previous stages count to the current one I do not know. 

The last step only has 2 for t8-10 which isn't enough to complete it while the rest is t10 only. If the previous stages count to the current one I do not know. 

You can repeat missions.  You won't collect the bonus rewards, but you will collect the pins.  So keep doing those tier 8+ assignments after each time you complete them and you'll get enough pins to unlock the final mission.

MrDeaf    2,514

so wait, what does the science mission give?