NikoPower

0.5.15 - Campaigns Feedback

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

67 posts in this topic

The campaigns are nice, though I wish they were a bit easier to get to.  I'm not a fan of click, click, clicking to find information.  The missions you have active should be easily viewed in battle and there should be some sort of notification when you complete one in battle.

Enjoying the first campaign...but WG, you've made it impossible to do the Honorable service one for me...not a BB driver, so cannot complete the first mission series....two missions BB only...all others do not add up to complete the mission....mind you, I don't drive japo ships anyway, but seems kind of restricted to have a campaign that bars players from participating if they don't have tier 8-10 ships in ALL classes...enjoy rewarding all the rest

For a while, I've been trying to think what these campaigns remind me of - with all the clickety-click-clicking.  I've figured out why they annoy me so much and what they remind me of.

Mafia Wars and Farmville on Facebook a few years back. Click-click-click for ever diminishing returns vs time spent. Remember?

Which is why I'm done with the campaigns.

Clickety-click-click.

No thanks. It's not worth it.

Science of Cictory Mission 5, task 6 does seem to broken. One mission in a Kamikaze R, I scored a Kraken, Confederate, High Calibre and x4 Devastating Strike. Which ought to be quite enough, one would think.

But alas, no progress.

It is broken. I opened a support ticket with screen shots and replay. No joy. Came back to this thread hoping to find out how to get credit for completing this task. 

rewards r crap, and the ship tiers you have to complete them is also crap.

basically everything is crap. You get a tier 6 for completing the missions/tasks with a tie 10

rewards r crap, and the ship tiers you have to complete them is also crap.

basically everything is crap. You get a tier 6 for completing the missions/tasks with a tie 10

Never mind that it is more free stuff you get for just playing the game than if you were playing 3 months ago.

I enjoy the campaign a lot, its a nice bonus and side goal to have going on. Hopefully we will see something similar to Wot mission wise to unlock sick boats. 

Love the campaigns, however the slow UI makes it annoying to navigate in and out , end up cancelling tasks by accident, and by no means is my computer slow.

• I thought it was ingenious (if planned) to enable players to get a Tier VIII Cruiser (Takao) and then be able to use that Cruiser to help complete these missions.      
  • The missions offer free stuff, but I have observed increased whining from some players in game chat because they aren't able to just waltz through the missions
  • The missions have depth and serious requirements, which I enjoy, as long as we have a month or two to complete each I don't see it being a problem
  • Excited to try and earn a FREE ship...
  • I think WG did a good job in ensuring that you must play a balance of vessels to unlock achievements
  • The pins make sense, you don't have to do every task, just enough of them...and you can still go back and complete other tasks after the fact, which is nice
  • Mission combined with the Liberty Ship XP bonuses = Brilliant

I think it's good that the end result of completing all the tasks is being well rounded in the game experience.  A gentile carrot to get outside comfort zones and understand all the aspects of the game.  My hope and understanding is that the campaigns are permanent.  In which case I will ultimately finish all tasks, but it will take time. 

The campaigns really slow down team game play as once a division member completes a task they need to collect the reward and select a new goal before the division can launch into the next battle.  Overall the campaigns feel like busywork and I prefer something more automated like the legacy daily missions. 

Edited by mau5trapX

Love the campaign concept!  I do think some of the ones where you have to earn heroic achievements are broken (i've earned 2-3 in a game and didn't get credit), but otherwise they're good.

I, for one, enjoy the Campaigns. Being a long time wargamer (Back to the days of pushing bits of cardboard on a map with manuals so thick of rules that give War and Peace a run for their money size wise), having a set of goals and rewards for your battle efforts makes me feel like it's time well spent. It would be nice to see some time period campaigns like WW1 era ships only, or the "Case Orange" (1920's -30's USA vs IJN) that feature only those era ships to give this a more historical feel. I just enjoy not having to drag out the old board games to be able to play these ships whenever I like, and a universe of live opponents.

Raid on Santa's convoy i have been enjoying it....But!

According to Mission 8 the reward is a 2nd permanent Camo for the Graf...thought it was to be a 2nd Camo like the Tirpitz & Prince Eugen 2nd Permanent Camos'?

The Camo that comes on the Graf Spee is a Type-10 Camo...Where as the reward Camo for Mission 8 according to the in-Game mission 8 reward is the Type-12 Camo...they are one and the Same Camo bonuses!

What is up with that?

Why even play past Mission 7?....because I do not have a Tirpitz yet!

Edited by Klyde182