NikoPower

0.5.15 - Campaigns Feedback

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

67 posts in this topic

Science Campaign; Mission 5; Task 6; Get two Honorable Individual medals. 

I collected First Blood and Devastating Strike; it did not unlock. 

(I may be misunderstanding the requirements; if so I apologize :)

Heroic medals:  Kraken, Confederate, High Caliber, Solo Warrior, Arsonist, Clear Sky (still don't have), Liquidator, Naval Warfare Flooding, Dreadnaught, Fireproof, Unsinkable, Witherer and Die Hard. 

I may have missed a couple, but First Blood and Devastating Strike aren't "Heroic Medals". I don't think Close Quarters Expert is either. Flesh Wound definitely isn't or I would have earned Bane of the Oceans much sooner.

Edited by Landing_Skipper

In general I like this new feature a lot! so thumbs up to WG for this!  

I do think some of the requirements are a little rough, but since you don't always have to do all of them to fulfill the requirements it's not so bad.

I think it was a smart idea to "package" these rather nice and fun Campaign missions along with the absolute wrecking ball that was taken to the IJN DD line.  It's a good salve to help heal the bitterness that a lot of players feel about the IJN re-work. 

I like it. If it's free it's for me. I just have to remember to go back to port after the battle and collect the reward and slot the new task.

I think it would be neat if there were a bonus, befitting the difficulty, if you manage to do all your current tasks in 1 battle.

I have a question regarding campaigns.  I am currently on Task 3 requiring me to torp a ship 6 times in a random battle.  Question is; does it have to be the same ship or can it be multiple ships.  I've just complete 2 random battles and had 7 torp hits in each one but still says task in progress.  A bug possibly.  Any and all response is much appreciated.   Thanks and Happy Hunting!

I like the idea, it's something different, and was siked up about it... Until I realized that it's impossible to collect 10 pins in step 1 of "Honorable Service" without a t8 BB. As someone who disliked playing 30-sec-per-shot BB's from the beginning, and never played any of them that deep into the line. It kind of took all the wind out my sails to see it not possible to progress in it with all the DD's and CA's I do play. Please consider either dropping the requirement from 10 to 9 pins to unlock the final task, make one of the tasks that are possible worth 1 more pin, or make one of the tasks that are "BB only" possible by CA/DD.

Campaigns are well done!

Love the ability to pick and choose Tasks.

Love the ability to repeat Tasks for points.

Love that I am not forced to play certain types of ships.

Love that I CAN play different types of ships.

Love that I can have three different Tasks active; and that I can play a ship even if the task doesn't apply. (ie that the task will apply to the correct ships and I don't have to 'turn it off' to play a non applicable ship)

The Containers and the Campaigns are outstanding. Thank you!

Heroic medals:  Kraken, Confederate, High Caliber, Solo Warrior, Arsonist, Clear Sky (still don't have), Liquidator, Naval Warfare Flooding, Dreadnaught, Fireproof, Unsinkable, Witherer and Die Hard. 

I may have missed a couple, but First Blood and Devastating Strike aren't "Heroic Medals". I don't think Close Quarters Expert is either. Flesh Wound definitely isn't or I would have earned Bane of the Oceans much sooner.

It says Honorable Individual; the two I mentioned are both listed as Honorable Individual. I understand they're not Heroic. So that may be the issue. 

I like the idea, it's something different, and was siked up about it... Until I realized that it's impossible to collect 10 pins in step 1 of "Honorable Service" without a t8 BB. As someone who disliked playing 30-sec-per-shot BB's from the beginning, and never played any of them that deep into the line. It kind of took all the wind out my sails to see it not possible to progress in it with all the DD's and CA's I do play. Please consider either dropping the requirement from 10 to 9 pins to unlock the final task, make one of the tasks that are possible worth 1 more pin, or make one of the tasks that are "BB only" possible by CA/DD.

You can repeat any mission and receive the PINs again; just not the reward. So you aren't forced to play any ship. 

I like the missions. I would like to have something like WoT with special captains as a completion reward. Perhaps historical naval icons?

I have a question regarding campaigns.  I am currently on Task 3 requiring me to torp a ship 6 times in a random battle.  Question is; does it have to be the same ship or can it be multiple ships.  I've just complete 2 random battles and had 7 torp hits in each one but still says task in progress.  A bug possibly.  Any and all response is much appreciated.   Thanks and Happy Hunting!

hey can be multiple ships over multiple battles but it has to be from a ship and not from an airplane and it has to be tier 3 or higher

I have the same issue.

The task reads:

Earn two individual honorable or heroic achievements. Complete the task in Random battles with Tier 4-10 ships.

I used a Kaiser, Tier 4.

I earned a First Blood and 2 Devastating Strikes.

Much approve of campaigns so far!  I might like to have the range of the harder campaign be 7-10 ;)

Have you had a chance to start the new campaign?  Yes, I have started the Honorable Service campaign

Do you approve? For the most part.

Is there something you would change? 

The only thing I would change is the requirements to complete the steps.  While I understand that for the Honorable Service campaign, things are not supposed to be easy, I think some of the mission requirements are both bugged and unnecessarily complex.  The detect 2 destroyers in a BB task appears to be bugged because I know my BB has detected two DDs because when the DD showed up I was the closest ship and there were no radar equipped ships near me.  I received zero DD detections.

I also think that all the specific ship or specific goals make the task unnecessarily complex and lock out many players or simply frustrate them.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I will complete the other campaign before the one I am intending to complete is finished.  

Lastly, I think the requirements encourage poor game play because people want to complete the missions.  I think at some point I will use the Bismarck to yolo rush some smoke with hydro so I can complete the mission, even though that is may be detrimental to my team.  Same goes for the 200 hits in one battle or 6 torpedo hits or anything that is do X in a single battle.  Load in a ship that can easily do that job and focus on that task until you complete it, who cares if you win or lose.

Tasks that are good:

• X damage to A ship nation type
  • Destroy X modules
  • Win X games
  • Place in X position on the team roster

Tasks that are bad:

• Anything targeted at a specific ship class
  • Cap X points in a typically non-capping class
  • Spot X, mainly because spotting doesn't work in a clear manner
  • Get a specific achievement in the battle

Edited by BossmanSlim

You can repeat any mission and receive the PINs again; just not the reward. So you aren't forced to play any ship. 

​Did not realize that...Wonderful. Now I wish I had not dropped the tasks mostly done...;(

Edited by Slee_

My only comments are as follows:

• Detect 2 DDs using a BB seems to be bugged, as previously commented on
  • The Tier 8-10 campaign would be better if it were tier 6 or 7 as the starting tier.
    • Tier 8-10 gameplay is not as fun as 6 and 7, resulting in the campaign feeling like an onerous chore.

Honorable Service Campaign.

Throughout the entire campaign one is required to use ships Vlll through X which is reasonable until your required to use only Tier 10 ships in task 3 , 4 , 6  and 7 in the final mission # 5.

WG claims to promote fairness in all aspect of the game,however, it’s not a true statement as proven by the developers and how they show favoritism by making it impossible for those at a lower tier to achieve their goal, which in this case winning a ship along with it’s rewards.

I agree, needing a tier 10 to complete the mission is a bad idea!

It is not only a bad idea but and unfair one because it blocks those of us who haven't reached that level from finishing the campaign and winning a ship and it rewards.

I too am having this problem despite earning multiple Honorable medals.

If you read the task it says Honorable or Heroic medals, not just Heroic. So he should have completed the task because he earned at least two Honorable medals.

It says Honorable Individual; the two I mentioned are both listed as Honorable Individual. I understand they're not Heroic. So that may be the issue. 

See above comment since it's the same response I would tell you too.

So either Mission 5 Task 6 is bugged or it needs to be reworded to say only Heroic medals and not Honorable and Heroic medals.

I like the Science of Victory campaign as I'm playing T6 PVP regularly for the first time to get the ARP ships. It's giving me something to focus on while I grind out the ARP XP. The rewards are very nice as well and I feel like I'm getting something from the game, besides the occasional 'YES, nailed that ship.' ;)  I usually play T5 and below as I get clubbed alot. :) Luckily, I got the shipmas bundle, so I have premiums to use on this. 

Is there going to be a time limit? Evidently, I like collecting ships more than I thought. My highest Tech Tree ship is a Cleveland (only T6 besides premiums) and I'm usually just a target in it. :) The long grinds for the higher tier ships seems like it will be kinda boring. It's hard to see progress, so I stay at lower tiers and am branching out into other nations when I'm not focused on collecting the ARP ships (6 down, 3 to go). So I'm not sure if I will get to the Honorable service campaign if there is a time limit. I only have 5 T8 premium ships and I have never played any of them yet. While I see that 4 of the mission 5 tasks require a T10, you can complete and repeat 3 tasks (thank you so much for being able to repeat tasks BTW) with T8 ships.

I would love for the campaigns to be a permanent feature and have them rotate every few months to give us seals time to complete one. :)

BTW, I got my first super container today and thank you very much for the 500 doubloons. I'll need them to convert some free XP, as I seem to be collecting it faster than I usually do. :)

I too am having this problem despite earning multiple Honorable medals.

If you read the task it says Honorable or Heroic medals, not just Heroic. So he should have completed the task because he earned at least two Honorable medals.

See above comment since it's the same response I would tell you too.

So either Mission 5 Task 6 is bugged or it needs to be reworded to say only Heroic medals and not Honorable and Heroic medals.

I can say for sure this is bugged. 

Just played a IV Kaiser and received High Caliber.  No progression bar.  Does not require two in one game.  Going to abandon it and wait for patch.  Don't play Mission  5 Task 6.   

Edited by Rapsidy

I'm realizing right now that some missions may call for different ships for effective use:

1. Hit ship(s) 200 times - definitely need a ship with high ROF

2. Shot down one plane - Use a Saipan .

I have the same issue.

The task reads:

Earn two individual honorable or heroic achievements. Complete the task in Random battles with Tier 4-10 ships.

I used a Kaiser, Tier 4.

I earned a First Blood and 2 Devastating Strikes.

Same here, but as Bayern. 

Science of Cictory Mission 5, task 6 does seem to broken. One mission in a Kamikaze R, I scored a Kraken, Confederate, High Calibre and x4 Devastating Strike. Which ought to be quite enough, one would think.

But alas, no progress.

Edited by ElmarB