NikoPower

0.5.15 - Campaigns Feedback

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

67 posts in this topic

Have you had a chance to start the new campaign? Do you approve? Is there something you would change? Let us know in the comments below.

I love the campaign so far, having mini objectives is a lot of fun. And who doesn't love rewards. I am a little troubled to see that the the last mission of 'Honarable Service' requires a T10. If the reward was a T10 premium ( I know, no T10 premiums) then ok, thats sounds fair, but in order to complete and unlock the t6 premium you must have a T10. Overall, great job! This will add lots more playability to the game for me.

The missions so far are good, I have but two questions

1) Are these missions permanent?

I ask because I want to keep my IJN Ship collection complete, and while I can complete Honorable Service if given infinite time, I don't know if I have infinite time. If I don't I'll have to focus on the campaign and add that as another thing to stress out over.

2) When a mission asks you to spot a ship, does that mean initial spotting? 

I ask because if it's initial spotting the Honorable Service "Spot 2 DDs as a BB" mission will be the hardest mission in the entire campaign.

If it's just spotting in general then it's perfectly doable on German BBs because they get Hydro.

Only complaint I have is that you can't look at the campaign missions you're working on in-battle.

I liked this!!  I just want to know the duration available to complete a campaign.  Do I need to stress about grinding through or is it just a pleasant afterthought...

Yes, is there a deadline?

Also, if I complete a mission, can I still go back and complete the individual tasks, or will that mission be locked once completed?

These are the 2 big questions I have, and can't find an answer anywhere.  I guess I'll be on hold until I know how to proceed?

I love the campaign so far, having mini objectives is a lot of fun. And who doesn't love rewards. I am a little troubled to see that the the last mission of 'Honarable Service' requires a T10. If the reward was a T10 premium ( I know, no T10 premiums) then ok, thats sounds fair, but in order to complete and unlock the t6 premium you must have a T10. Overall, great job! This will add lots more playability to the game for me.

I agree, needing a tier 10 to complete the mission is a bad idea!

Question:  I have started the honorable service campaign with 3 simultaneous tasks going on in step 1.  When I finish these tasks, must I finish all the tasks and steps in this campaign or can I stop here and start the science of victory campaign?

I have the same feedback here as on the test server... As primarily a BB player, the torp challenges take me out of my element. Do any of the challenges take regular torp users out of their element? Is it balanced?

​I will try the torps challenges, but frankly, it is a let down to do the challenges you can do, to unlock the final (secret Oooo) challenge, and then to find it is just to go back and do the ones you skipped....

There is one semi-important concern. 

When you die early in a match, even if you will have completed the tasks for a campaign mission, you can't get new ones until after the match is over. 

Instead of going immediately into a new game, you have to wait until that match finishes so you can load up on fresh campaign tasks. 

This happens with all events like this. But most of them have greater requirements (500,000 damage) so that you can jump straight into another battle (or two). Since the campaign missions are mostly one-off events, you have to wait to refill the campaign bar. 

I wonder if you can track the campaign players to see if they spend more time waiting for matches to complete? 

Have you had a chance to start the new campaign? Do you approve? Is there something you would change? Let us know in the comments below.

I don't like campaigns the way I do the container system, but on the whole I like it. I do think the requirements are a bit more restrictive and that kind of puts me off a bit since it seems a lot of the tasks exclude co-op players. I wish the missions, campaign, etc... controls on the left side of the screen could be consolidated a bit more (maybe move them to a drop down menu?). They're starting to take up a lot of real-estate on my screen, especially when chat is open and/or divisions are running.

Gonna be forever until i get though the first Science of victory mission :(  I only average around 800 exp per game and that 2k for task 8 won't come easy.  maybe it would help if i had higher tier ships but i've only worked my way up to a couple of  T7s and earned the Takao as my sole T8 so far. 

I'd like to see more of it co-op based. For example, under the Science of Victory, #1 only has (2 co-op) tasks, one of which I've never seen done. Ever. The rest seemingly push you towards Random play.

I get nothing out of PVP play other than headache, rudeness from other players, frustration from being bottom-tiered the majority of the time, and major lop-sided losses. Sure the same 2-tier spread is in co-op, still sucks, but at least the bots stay silent.

I'm mere Cannon Fodder (as they say), a hardcore PVP player's wet dream when I set sail in a Random match.

Edited by ARandomClaymore

Think I found a bug at the rewards. The 3rd task gives only 500 credits. This should either be 500 free XP or a much higher amount of credits.

Tnqq9mF.jpg

Science Campaign; Mission 5; Task 6; Get two Honorable Individual medals. 

I collected First Blood and Devastating Strike; it did not unlock. 

(I may be misunderstanding the requirements; if so I apologize :)

I'd like to see more of it co-op based. For example, under the Science of Victory, #1 only has (2 co-op) tasks, one of which I've never seen done. Ever. The rest seemingly push you towards Random play.

I get nothing out of PVP play other than headache, rudeness from other players, frustration from being bottom-tiered the majority of the time, and major lop-sided losses. Sure the same 2-tier spread is in co-op, still sucks, but at least the bots stay silent.

I'm mere Cannon Fodder (as they say), a hardcore PVP player's wet dream when I set sail in a Random match.

It is a bit disappointing for those of us who play PvE almost exclusively. I think it is obvious they want us to play PvP even though some of us do not like it. The game is theirs and they can do what they wish so not complaining at all. Just nice to know that I can still play the game without spending one more dime on it. I go from a paying customer to a FTP player and am ok with that. Spent too much on the game already. For the record, the campaign looks fun, good luck with it. Edited by Taylor3006

So far I've enjoyed completing tasks in the Science of Victory campaign. The rewards are also nice. 

Really glad you all made it so you can repeat Tasks for pins. Because I don't own or even play Carriers or Tech Tree Battleships and at first look I thought I was screwed. 

And No I didn't type out a three paragraph rant on how messed up bottle necking players with tasks that required ships they didn't own. :hiding:

Edited by RedSeaBear

I love the rewards.  I was hoping for more dynamic gameplay tasks though.  Can you put a mainobjective and side objective reminder in the top corner of the game interface?  It would remind players to do that.  

Also, there's too much clicking with campaigns:  can you make it so that collecting rewards is automatic, and one click to remove tasks

Really like the campaigns and rewards.

Would like to ask if it's possible to have some sort of mouse tooltip when hovering over the 3/3 on the left side when in port so you can see which missions you're on.  I tend to forget what I'm going for when multi-tasking and it'd be nice not to have to load into the full campaign window every time to refresh.

Also, for future campaigns, perhaps make nationality campaigns too for using a specific nations ships?  :)  Could even tie it in with a bigger event (ie US vs. IJN to see which ones complete the most missions or something)

It is not clear what collecting the 5 pins does.

do they unlock the top task?yes

but you cannot do the top task till you complete all the lower tasks... so why do you need the pins?

collecting the pins just to see the task seems like a wasteful design -I must be missing something