You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Coltramm

my IJN DD Captain lost his points

20 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
5,418 battles

My Minekaze captain had 15 pts plus. After last nights update, I have a captain with only  +5 undistributed points sitting in my Minekaze. I don't see him in my reserve or in another ship.

What's going on with the missing of my best captain in game?

Members
20 posts
5,418 battles

It's in your reserve reassigned to the Mutsuki.

I do see that I have a Mutsuki captain in my reserve. But, he too has +5 points unused. Still confused.

Members
20 posts
5,418 battles

Check your Mutsuki, he might be there

Before the update, I had a minekaze with my best captain. After, I have the Minekaze, but they didn't give me a Mutsuki. There was a +5 unused points captain in the Minekaze, and a +5 unused points Mutsuki captain in my reserve, but no Mutsuki ship. 

The thing that is the most unnerving thing is that there is a +5 unused Mutsuki captain in my reserve, which indicates ( i think) that something went afoul with my real captain...

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts

Oh if my 18 point Fubuki captain isn't 18 points on the new Kag... Heads are going to roll.

Members
28 posts
16,903 battles

Not only my minekaze is now a piece of garbage, but also my 16 point captain is AWOL. W.T.FCUK.!!!!!! I don't have the mutsucky that, I never wanted back once I was done with it. I'm really, really pissed off!!!!!

Edited by GhostWithIn

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
17,704 battles

Yeah, not home yet either but I assume that if this is true, its an error that will be rectified.  Just got my 5th skill on my Japanese DD captain a few weeks ago, would be sad if that got pooched.

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,243 posts
32,226 battles

I've been reading this from work and wish I knew what woould be waiting for me at home.  In the old line I had Isokaze, Minekaze, Mutsuki, Hatsuharu and Fubuki in port.  

Is it correct that the commanders in those DDs will follow the DDs and not the place in line ?  So Minekaze captain goes to the "new" Minekaze , Fubuki capt goes to "new" Fubuki at T6  and all the boats with new names in each line I get receive a free captain with a few points?  The patch notes have been unclear ot me and reading posts here have not seemed to clrify it much.  :unsure:

[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts

Missing your captain?

It was WG's black ops division of the dev team.that took him out.

Members
1,451 posts
11,022 battles

Anyway if you really sure he is not in anywhere of your port, file a support ticket to WG. With screenshot of your reserve would be better.

Well my old Minekaze captain is doing well in reserve with retrained in Mutsuki though...And I also gained another Mutsuki captain.

Members
20 posts
5,418 battles

Anyway if you really sure he is not in anywhere of your port, file a support ticket to WG. With screenshot of your reserve would be better.

Well my old Minekaze captain is doing well in reserve with retrained in Mutsuki though...And I also gained another Mutsuki captain.

I put in a ticket, but then found my captain  not in reserve, but in the Other Ship tab where is shouldn't be, because WG didn't give me a Mutsuki so...I  did what this person quoted below suggested and bought the Mutsuki and got captain into his ship myself at the expense of clarifying that my captain is alive and able. 

What's still bizarre is the +5 unused Mutsuki captain in my reserve come from, and it turns out that my super captain and this new guy have the same first names if it wasn't confusing enough.

So, the answer is check under From Other Ships tab if you don't see your captain in Reserve or in a ship.

Also, if you dont have mutsuki, when you buy it the commander will be there.

[SYN]
Members
5,948 posts
13,821 battles

My Minekaze captain had 15 pts plus. After last nights update, I have a captain with only  +5 undistributed points sitting in my Minekaze. I don't see him in my reserve or in another ship.

What's going on with the missing of my best captain in game?

That 5 pointer is your new captain, given to you with the new Japanese DDs.  Your old 15-point captain should be in the other IJN DD counterpart in the same tier.  You got a new captain and they swapped seats.

At least thats how it worked out for me.

Go take a look.

Members
709 posts
6,496 battles

I wish we could have gotten a skill respec on the captain they moved from the Kagero to the Yagumo, they will not be played the same due to the gun improvements on the new t9.

Appreciated the nice camo though! 

Members
13 posts
3,589 battles

The hell... now I have to spend 860k to buy AGAIN the Mutsuky that I already SOLD because it's a POS just to get my Minekaze captain back!? Then I get to spend more and lose more time retraining him!?

WELL DONE! Whoever coded this patch should be given a new kind of stupid award.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,653 battles

The hell... now I have to spend 860k to buy AGAIN the Mutsuky that I already SOLD because it's a POS just to get my Minekaze captain back!? Then I get to spend more and lose more time retraining him!?

Probably belongs more to the testing Department

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
901 posts
12,831 battles

overreact much? This is not how it works... perhaps OP had an issue but it's not the norm.

Members
13 posts
3,589 battles

overreact much? This is not how it works... perhaps OP had an issue but it's not the norm.

How am I overreacting!? I had to buy again the entire Mutsuki just to get my Minekaze captain back? I had to spend 860k for a ship that I never wanted again!

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

How am I overreacting!? I had to buy again the entire Mutsuki just to get my Minekaze captain back? I had to spend 860k for a ship that I never wanted again!

Um, you could have put that captain in any unlocked IJN ship in your port. You didn't need to rebut the mutsuki, which btw is a great DD