You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KSN

Dear WGing: Where's my Aurora's Black and Gold paint job?

30 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,769 posts
12,341 battles

I've had the Aurora since it was first made available for sale. In watching a very nice Naval Legends episode about the Aurora, and seeing the in game still of a Black and Gold Aurora, I can't say I wasn't very disappointed when I went to check my port only to find there is no 'Black and Gold' camo paint scheme?

I think this is the first time I've ever complained about this game. Really WGing posting marketing pics but the color scheme isn't actually available? wth?!

Is there something I'm missing here??

*(Oh and why doesn't she have torps like the documentary mentions? And don't lie to me about game balance :izmena: )

7a5b1b04-b65d-11e6-b4ef-d89d6715223c.jpg

Edited by KSN
  • Cool 5

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

I don't think anybody else has ever been that concerned with a T3 cruiser until now.

• Cool 3

1,769 posts
12,341 battles

I don't think anybody else has ever been that concerned with a T3 cruiser until now.

First!

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

The Aurora we currently have is based on her 1917 configuration (which is weird considering she still has the imperial eagle crest). She only had the black hull in 1905. Back then however, her armament was similar to the tier 2 Diana, only eight 152mm guns supplemented by 75mm secondaries and no AA. I would very much love to see this black camo available for the likes of Bogatyr, Svietlana, Derzky and Novik though.

Edited by Wolcott

1,769 posts
12,341 battles

The Aurora we currently have is based on her 1917 configuration. She only had the black hull in 1905. Back then however, her armament was similar to the tier 2 Diana, only eight 152mm guns supplemented by 75mm secondaries and no AA. I would very much love to see this black camo available for the likes of Bogatyr, Svietlana, Derzky and Novik though.

Okay, I can't say that doesn't make sense.... but damn it all that such a sexy paint job be published on the WOWS site to advertise purchase of the Aurora and not be able to have it?!!

I think you might agree that people are not going to accept 'historical' accuracy... just like how Scharnhorst got her third bow anchor back 'due to popular demand'. And they're going to be rightfully angry when they purchase it and find there's no Black and Gold camo option.

I'm mean we have ARP ships for God sake  (which I love by the way... just sayin')

Black n' Gold perma camo - WGing Make it happen!

Edited by KSN

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Okay, I can't say that doesn't make sense.... but damn it all that such a sexy paint job be published on the WOWS site to advertise purchase of the Aurora and not be able to have it?

I think you might agree that people are not going to accept 'historical' accuracy... just like how Scharnhorst got her third bow anchor back 'due to popular demand'.

What makes you think WG isn't teasing this year's Christmas gift ship? See those smaller gun barrels on Aurora's broadside, behind the first two sponsons? Those are the 75mm secondaries. We could be looking at a reskinned Diana. First Oleg, now a 1905 version of Aurora, and in future maybe the Zhemchug (all three survivors from Tsushima). Upcoming historical battles perhaps? :)

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

It is quite the atractive paint job.

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,243 posts
32,226 battles

With the BFT/AFT/EM change to no longer apply to cruisers Aurora became a thing of the past.  She is a slow, low hp, slow firing, short-ish ranged T3 that is outclassed by most if not all of the T3 line cruisers.  A new paint job would be nice but she will still sit in port, prettier, but in port.  

1,769 posts
12,341 battles

What makes you think WG isn't teasing this year's Christmas gift ship? See those smaller gun barrels on Aurora's broadside, behind the first two sponsons? Those are the 75mm secondaries. We could be looking at a reskinned Diana. First Oleg, now a 1905 version of Aurora, and in future maybe the Zhemchug (all three survivors from Tsushima). Upcoming historical battles perhaps? :)

Uh... because the image is part of an advertisement to buy the "Aurora".

And it's a ship I paid for, so there's that...

With the BFT/AFT/EM change to no longer apply to cruisers Aurora became a thing of the past.  She is a slow, low hp, slow firing, short-ish ranged T3 that is outclassed by most if not all of the T3 line cruisers.  A new paint job would be nice but she will still sit in port, prettier, but in port.   

Make Aurora GREAT Again!

Edited by KSN

1,769 posts
12,341 battles

If they sell it with that paint job, I WILL buy it!

And how pissed would you be if you bought it and found the paint job advertised on the page was missing?  - Exactly.

[WOLF7]
Members
755 posts
23,849 battles

The Aurora we currently have is based on her 1917 configuration (which is weird considering she still has the imperial eagle crest). She only had the black hull in 1905. Back then however, her armament was similar to the tier 2 Diana, only eight 152mm guns supplemented by 75mm secondaries and no AA. I would very much love to see this black camo available for the likes of Bogatyr, Svietlana, Derzky and Novik though.

Sweaty Llama in that color scheme? REALLY?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,723 posts
26,569 battles

While I can't say that I wouldn't like a black and gold camouflage on Aurora (it looks awesome IMO) WG's own 'leaked' picture of Oleg show that camouflage..

SFO0B04.jpg

(source)

I don't have any information on when or how Oleg will be made available and my ST NDA prohibits me from discussing anything else about her other than "she exists, floats, shoots and sometimes sinks", but if your goal is to have a protected cruiser in a black and gold color scheme (with fashionable oak wheel house) then there's your boat.

(Oh and why doesn't she have torps like the documentary mentions? And don't lie to me about game balance :izmena: )

No lie, but that is basically the reason. Well, part of it. For balance and gameplay reasons WG has elected not to introduce fixed torpedo tubes in the game. The reason they did mention them in the video is because she did have them historically. You can see the bow tube on the model even.

1,769 posts
12,341 battles

That Oleg paint job looks like it was done with spray paint in a back alley.... I want that sexy Aurora paint job! Please :D

And thanks for the info.... but didn't I say don't tell me it's game balance - just give it a wider detection and like a 4km range (circa WWI) - PLUS I can't imagine how hard it would be to use that effectively anyway to truly be for 'balance'. My guess is that at the time they didn't have the code for single launch torps (like the British have) ready yet.

Would be pretty damn cool though you have to admit...

Pft 'balance'?  I have one response - Nicolai Imperator  :red_button:

*(Damn I srsly waited an entire year hoping they'd sell the Imperator again on Black Friday... big nope) 

1,769 posts
12,341 battles

I'm sure many will appreciate that link - Thank you.

However, I hope you won't be offended if I still advocate an 'official' paint... one that doesn't involve mods (just leaving WGing out of doing the right thing).

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,577 battles

None taken, many of us have also been wanting cleaner ships and in game camos that are well done and visually appealing. Unfortunately this hasn't happened.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

When you compare the in-game Aurora with the image posted by the OP, you can clearly spot several differences. Different gun shields, different mainmast (notably the crow's nest equipped with machine guns under the searchlight platform). The 75mm secondaries mounted broadside are also noticeably missing. With these changes in mind, we may be looking at another Aurora premium. Either Oleg or the new Aurora will be this year's Christmas gift, or one will replace the tier 3 Aurora in the tech tree. Only time will tell. They wouldn't rework Aurora's appearance for just a few wallpapers unless they're teasing a new ship.

1,769 posts
12,341 battles

Except there's a NICE BIG FAT BUTTON that say Purchase "Add Aurora to your Port Today"

How long are you going to play devil's advocate and argue a losing point... the pictures, different or not, are advertising one ship only the Aurora for purchase 'now'.  :sceptic:

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Relax, I'm not arguing, just pointing out some noticeable differences between the in-game Aurora and the black hull version. If you think I'm quarreling with you then I'll just back away from your topic.