You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xLeadSledx

HONORABLE SERVICE

26 comments in this topic

Members
222 posts
36,111 battles

After checking the Honorable Service tasks it looks like you must be skilled with all the ships and have a few tier 10 ships. I would like someone to post a profit with a tier 10 ship battle ?  I wish they would make it so that is would be possible to complete.   WG needs to pay for that ship a few times over or they would not demand teir10 ships to compete. I will skip them , not like the PT at all that was challenging and fun. This is neither fun or challenging, just frustrating.

I can only guess it is the only way for more to play and pay for a level tier 10 game. If you do not notice you do not play many tier 10 so do not worry about it. I just hoped WG would do something but that is beyond their thinking so never bring it up again. Since 1 more account is going up for sale.

Edited by xLeadSledx

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

Are you complaining about repair costs? 

[RS]
Members
378 posts
22,723 battles

They just had the most amazing sale on Premium and once I had it tacked onto my Yammie the repair bills disappeared. (I run the US military month flag and the repair cost flag as well) I now make a profit on almost every T10 game.

I suggest if you don't like T10 repair bills you break open the piggy bank or ask for an early x-mas present. Or do what I always did. Make the cash playing T5-7 and then spend it on the T10 games. Someone much better than me has a sig that reads something like T8-10 is our passion, T5-7 is what we do to pay for our passion.

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,091 battles

So do the other campaign. WG never said that the second campaign would be easy.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

T10 is really very affordable now if you spring for the permanent camo. Assuming you don't get put into game after game of 3v3 because there aren't enough people to fill out the match. /That/ sucks.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

So do the other campaign. WG never said that the second campaign would be easy.

I think he's complaining about the fact that you can only earn the free premium ship by using tiers 8-10.

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,783 posts
15,287 battles

After checking the Honorable Service tasks it looks like you must be skilled with all the ships and have a few tier 10 ships. I would like someone to post a profit with a tier 10 ship battle ?  I wish they would make it so that is would be possible to complete.   WG needs to pay for that ship a few times over or they would not demand teir10 ships to compete. I will skip them , not like the PT at all that was challenging and fun. This is neither fun or challenging, just frustrating.

The entire Honorable Service campaign can be completed with a Tier VIII ship.  Only a handful of the Mission 5 tasks require Tier X ships, and those tasks can easily be bypassed if desired.  
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

The entire Honorable Service campaign can be completed with a Tier VIII ship.  Only a handful of the Mission 5 tasks require Tier X ships, and those tasks can easily be bypassed if desired.  

This.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,314 battles

I think he is complaining about repair costs.

[5D2]
Beta Testers
354 posts
10,430 battles

It's like you took 5 minutes to look through the missions. Weird, right?
  • Cool 1

Members
309 posts
5,376 battles

High jacking this thread for another question:

When it says I need to accomplish one mission on random AND custom, is it a true "and" or is it a "or" ?

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,783 posts
15,287 battles

It's like you took 5 minutes to look through the missions. Weird, right?

Well, somebody had to build the Wiki page. ;)

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Well, somebody had to build the Wiki page. ;)

And people don't give you guys nearly enough praise for the work you put in on the wiki.

Members
10 posts
2,260 battles
This mode is not fun in the slightest. Even at tier 10 these are too hard to be any fun. If you do manage to finish one task, you'll probably find yourself get sick of playing. I'd rather grind for a more productivity; for more higher tier ships than a DD. It pains me to say this as a ship collector. I think I'll pass. They should make it more missions similar to their campaign mode. To sum it up, this mode lessens the people who are really interested in more enticing naval combat.

Beta Testers
1,458 posts
9,137 battles

LOL. campaigns just set and forget. Just play the game and let the task's complete themselves in the background.
No need to be a grinding theses out like a monkey nut. Just enjoy the game.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

LOL. campaigns just set and forget. Just play the game and let the task's complete themselves in the background.

Maybe for the beginner campaign.

There are a few missions in the honourable service campaign you actually have to go looking for, if you want to get them done in any reasonable amount of time.

302 posts
135 battles

There are a few missions in the honourable service campaign you actually have to go looking for, if you want to get them done in any reasonable amount of time.

Nothing that can't be solved with a few T10 count-ins ;)

Members
383 posts
1,545 battles

So much this. I'm doing the basic campaign, currently on mission 4 I believe, with one of my tasks set as gain 25k commander XP. I'm trying to do missions that don't require me to go an arm and a leg out of my way to complete.

I've skipped quite a few missions involving torpedoes and a few others, secondary battery hits for example.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

OP you do realize you dont have to do all the tasks to get to the next part of the chain right? You can just repeat the steps in ship classes you prefer and get the pins to advance. It's actually quite flexible. This chain is more of a long term mission you can do at your own pace and I think is a great addition to the game for long term progression. If you were able to do it in a single weekend that would be boring really fast.

[BUN]
2,591 posts
5,060 battles

I would like someone to post a profit with a tier 10 ship battle ?

3SqE1eZ.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive, 143k damage Moskva match. Do note that while I made bank running premium, you would have made profit in a standard account too. 

Ignore captain XP gain, FTW Camo and dragon flag combined with the +50 commander XP flag. I really wanted to finish that grind for point 15. 

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
19,438 battles

I can only guess it is the only way for more to play and pay for a level tier 10 game. If you do not notice you do not play many tier 10 so do not worry about it. I just hoped WG would do something but that is beyond their thinking so never bring it up again. Since 1 more account is going up for sale.

I think I made a profit on this one, I make profit most tier x games, the honorable service campaign is aimed at the more experience player, it has no time limit so when your play improves, try it then, keep playing and have fun

2016-12-02-2158-08-465.jpg

Edited by hawkai

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
19,438 battles

T10 Profit...    If you don't suck and haven't failed your way up to the top.

b6aqpa6.jpg

very nice game, congrats, the mino is a blast to play, I play DD mostly, you would think I would not forget to use my torps in my mino, need to work on that

Edited by hawkai