You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AngryLou

Crying about ijn dd "nerf"

41 comments in this topic

[KFL]
Supertester
693 posts
18,578 battles

Ok so maybe the crying is about the higher tiers (which I think is fine), but I got 3 kraken today with these damn things........ So what's the big deal....? I am not even an avid dd player.

• Cool 1

[KFL]
Supertester
693 posts
18,578 battles

Ok there is some logic, I can see that. I am not fond of change either so I can see where people are coming from.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

For some people, any change is 'bad' and automatically assumed to be a nerf.

So true. 

Especially when you upset the fanboys of any particular nation.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

So true. 

Kind of like when WG was going to gut out the bow armor of every tier 8-10 battleship, right?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

Kind of like when WG was going to gut out the bow armor of every tier 8-10 battleship, right?

I feel like removing that bow armor would be a lot larger of a negative chance that what most of the IJN DDs got, and it was going to come with no positive changes to offset it. These DD changes come with a littany of buffing to go with some nerfs that are extremely minor and some that are a tiny bit larger.

If I wanted to draw a parallel to the BB bow armor removal, it would have to be on the magnitude of removing torpedo reloads for DDs, or changing the fire % chance on all cruisers down to like 6% per shell, and giving them nothing to make up for it.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

For the 100th time. A lot of complaints, including mine, about the IJN DD changes were that they reduced individuality and uniqueness to the main line. I like a lot of the changes in the abstract.

Also the Shima got slightly nerfed and the Isokaze and Minekaze got the bat swung at them so hard they may never regain consciousness.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

For the 100th time. A lot of complaints, including mine, about the IJN DD changes were that they reduced individuality and uniqueness to the main line. I like a lot of the changes in the abstract.

Also the Shima got slightly nerfed and the Isokaze and Minekaze got the bat swung at them so hard they may never regain consciousness.

Shimakaze lost shell damage and fire chance but also got her reload delay reduced by nearly half, as I understand it.

Not that it helps at all when her primary armament is still visible from orbit and overall the worst torpedo in the game when it should be at least equal, if not better than the Fletcher and Gearing's torpedoes.

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

That was a nerf. One that would have broken anything that wasn't German after T8, because of the pen values of the guns up there. You thought the campfest was bad enough now, a part of me kinda regrets it not going through because nobody can see how bad it actually would have been. 
  • Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

That was a nerf. One that would have broken anything that wasn't German after T8, because of the pen values of the guns up there. You thought the campfest was bad enough now, a part of me kinda regrets it not going through because nobody can see how bad it actually would have been. 

I'm one of the ones who argued that the bow armor nerf would destroy high tiers and create an even worse camping environment, so don't you even start that with me.

I'm just drawing parallels here. People were also calling battleship players whiney babies for having an issue with that change, which would've been legitimately bad for the class.

Now fast forward to the IJN destroyer changes, which are the latest adjustment to the line after a full year of nerf after nerf after nerf after nerf.

Now, battleships have typically only ever been buffed. Nerfs they've received have been few and far between.

How do you think IJN destroyer players, who have been nerfed every patch, are going to react to "We are majorly changing the entire IJN destroyer line"?

• Cool 2

Members
42 posts
14,161 battles

Nerfing ships is what WG is only good at!!! What you should be crying about is how much money your giving them, That's the sad part after every update the game dies a little more. 

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

Yuugumo now has a higher DPM than Shimakaze.

The HE shell nerf is one of the dumbest things I have seen.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

Ok so maybe the crying is about the higher tiers (which I think is fine), but I got 3 kraken today with these damn things........ So what's the big deal....? I am not even an avid dd player.

Thinking your 13 battles of experience between the IJN Tier 3 and Tier 4 DD gives you a valid opinion on the new changes? 

Am I the only one that finds this a bit ridiculous? sure the nerfs are subjective on who you speak to.. But thinking you have perspective because you got 3 krakens on a tier 3-4? Thats a bit of a stretch no? 

Edited by Cobraclutch

Members
1,451 posts
11,035 battles

To what my little experience after the patch. It is straight away buff to most of the ships. And the nerf of low tier ships are mostly rightful.

My only little 'disappointment' is, there is no clear cut of a torp line and gun boat line. But it is good enough right now.

Members
1 post
4,513 battles

I think you need to loose the ships with super power guns and make the playing field a little more even tiered. gets boring when u get blown away over and over right as game starts because you have artillery that shoots from one side of map to the other. glad I do not pay for this game or I would be wanting refund. sucks and is no fun anymore with all your new changes with these ships on steroids against common players.

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
689 posts
21,259 battles

Dayum has anyone looked at the detection ranges of the high tier torpedo boats, ouch!  Good luck getting anyone that is not a ambush or just plain in another world.  

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

So true. 

Thinks back on the AFT fix (yes it was fixed back to what it was intended to be) and the outpouring of cries that the Mogami is now useless, and they destroyed the IJN. Ugh.
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Thinks back on the AFT fix (yes it was fixed back to what it was intended to be) and the outpouring of cries that the Mogami is now useless, and they destroyed the IJN. Ugh.

Cleveland was pretty severely nerfed by that too, you know.

I hate Cleveland and always have but it didn't deserve that. At least 15.5cm Mogami can upgrade to the un-nerfed 20.3s.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles

Nerfing ships is what WG is only good at!!! What you should be crying about is how much money your giving them, That's the sad part after every update the game dies a little more. 

Seriously dude? with that attitude you should just get out of this game altogether. clearly you're very unhappy, and that's no way to go through life.

As for this topic,

I was one of the one's crying about the nerfs (before knowing all the facts) that was a gut reaction, not an educated one. 

I was wrong, and WG did a bang up job on these. Some ships have some changes that will need a little play to get adjusted to, but OA this is a great improvement to the IJN dd line IMO. and I'm VERY excited to get to playing them!!

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Tested the Kangaroo that replaced my Fubuki. 86k damage, 2200 base xp. Just different playstyle. With the Fubuki you can use 2 laucher and have 1 reserve. You need to care a bit more where and when you launch.

[RLGN]
Members
19,164 posts
35,198 battles

I just hope Mutsuki ends up better off than she was. I'll be interested to try her out tonight. 

Debating wheather or not to just put her old captain back in or not. Did pretty well with him having CE.

Alpha Tester
380 posts
3,279 battles

The Minekaze the poor thing got hit with the Nerf bat once to nerf its torps and then WG took her outback to the shed to end her suffering :(