You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RevTKS

Hatsuharu - Why do we have to go through it twice?

66 comments in this topic

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

I understand that the IJN line split, and XP was transferred to the primary line. But, I have never had to grind a single vehicle twice, either in WoWs or WoT. 

I hope that this is just an oversight. Having to play the same vehicle twice is not what I was looking forward to. I was looking forward to starting two new IJN DD's today. 

UPDATE

Here's the correct answer for all concerned:

"Hey Rev,

I know the patch notes were a small novel, so you may have missed something. When they said the Hatsuharu is a new ship, they really meant it. It has changed considerably from the one you played through. So, while the name is the same, it really is a different ship, so playing through it really is a good idea.

Hope this helps."

See...how hard was that?

Edited by RevTKS

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

So what you're saying is that you believe so much that you deserve a free tier advancement in a separate destroyer line purely based on the arbitrary string of alphanumerical characters displayed when you hover your mouse over it, that you consider it an oversight that WG hasn't given you a free uptiering, on top of all the free slots, free captains and free ships they gave you?

• Cool 1

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

I'm still updating, but I believe it is going to be the same with the Minekaze (as another ship kicked into the branch).  

Last night I had a Mutsuki and a Minekaze in port, having played through the second to unlock the first.  Post-patch, I should have a Fubuki and a Mutsuki in the main line, and a Minekaze to begin the branch...but will have to play through the Minekaze 2.0 again to get to the Hatsuharu (2.0).

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

So what you're saying is that you believe so much that you deserve a free tier advancement in a separate destroyer line purely based on the arbitrary string of alhpanumerical characters displayed when you hover your mouse over it, that you consider it an oversight that WG hasn't given you a free uptiering, on top of all the free slots, free captains and free ships they gave you?

No, lert...I said nothing of the kind. I didnt say anything about deserving, or entitlement. 

What I said was I was caught off guard, and that I didnt expect this and it seems unusual to me.

You and your self righteous attitude can go away. 

I used to respect you. You are just a mean person who trolls the trolls.

I know it is surprising that some of us have questions and that you rolling in and dismissing us is not helpful.

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

So what you're saying is that you believe so much that you deserve a free tier advancement in a separate destroyer line purely based on the arbitrary string of alhpanumerical characters displayed when you hover your mouse over it, that you consider it an oversight that WG hasn't given you a free uptiering, on top of all the free slots, free captains and free ships they gave you?

I expected to have to earn the Shiratsuyu. I did not expect, having the Hatsuharu elited, to lose all progress on that ship and have to regrind all of the components

One of the ships came in without a port slot. I had 28 free when I went to bed, and 27 this morning. Also gained two empty Captains berths which was unexpected

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

What I said was I was caught off guard, and that I didnt expect this and it seems unusual to me.

No you didn't. Read what you said:

I hope that this is just an oversight. <snip> I was looking forward to starting two new IJN DD's today. 

You specifically said 'oversight', and then make it unambiguously clear that you expected something that was never promised, not mentioned in the patch notes, never even hinted at. Expected it to the point of calling not having been given it an oversight. Then when I point out the folly and entitlement of doing that and making a thread about, I'm the bad guy and get insults thrown at me?

As for having to grind out the equipment on Hatsuharu again:

You ground out the tier 7 IJN DD originally. You still have that XP and that progress, it's right where you left it. I see no reason to assume that you would get free progress on the alternate line based on that. Would you rather your Hatsuharu modules and XP went with it, got a bone stock Akatsuki at T7 and you had to grind out its modules and XP to T8 Kagero anew instead? The shitstorm on the forum would've been biblical if XP earned on a T7 was moved by WG to a T6.

Asking for free progress that was never promised, implied or hinted at is entitlement, no matter how much insults you throw at me.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,676 battles

I expected to have to earn the Shiratsuyu. I did not expect, having the Hatsuharu elited, to lose all progress on that ship and have to regrind all of the components

You didn't lose your progress on Hatsuharu.  It just got renamed to Akatsuki (Or is it Akizuki, these IJN DDs get mixed up in my head)  The new Hatsuharu is a totally different ship that just happens to have the old name.

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

No you didn't. Read what you said:

You specifically said 'oversight', and then make it unambiguously clear that you expected something that was never promised, not mentioned in the patch notes, never even hinted at. Then when I point out the folly and entitlement of doing that and making a thread about i, I'm the bad guy and get insults thrown at me?

Hey Lert; read the rest of what I said.

Don't want you in my thread. 

You're a nasty little person, and you're comments are not welcome.

You represent WG as a Supertester...maybe they should reconsider.

Edited by RevTKS
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Hey Lert; read the rest of what I said.

You're a nasty little person, and you're comments are not welcome.

Easiest way to prevent someone from coming into your thread, is to not make a thread. :D

Sorry Rev, it was a really bad shift last night and I needed a laugh lol.

• Cool 1

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

So many helpful posts. 

I guess I missed it. 

People wonder why the game is so toxic.

Here you have a legitimate question; seconded by one brave soul.

All we get is ridicule and insults.

Topped off with a Supertester leading the charge.

Toxic.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

Fortunately I don't need your permission to post in here.

You're a nasty little person, and you're comments are not welcome

And I care about that because .... ?

1) No I don't.

2) I'm not the one breaking forum rules here, mate, with your continuous insults. I responded to your post, you make attacks on my character.

So many helpful posts. 

I guess I missed it. 

Toxic.

You must've missed the part where the most toxic and directly insulting comments are made by you. It's a bit hypocritical to complain about toxicity when you're the most toxic person here.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Uh... three of the first four responses were all telling you what happened.

Edited by AspiringCodger

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

This post has made my morning....thank you Lert

RevTKS...once you start using language like "looking forward to"..."just an oversight"..."never had to"....it reeks of entitlement.  Now that may not have been your intention, but that is how many people will read your OP.  So rather than getting snippy with folks, you could have simply clarified your thoughts, but you didn't, you attacked Lert, and let's just say I doubt this ends well for you.

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

So many helpful posts. 

I guess I missed it. 

Toxic.

Lert is direct, blunt even, but he never made it personal and never gave insult. 

Answering with logic and facts is neither ridicule or insult. 

[5D2]
Beta Testers
354 posts
10,430 battles

OP do you know you who you're addressing? That's Lert! He's a Community Contributor and farms upvotes off Mouse and his opinion about you matters! Didn't you know, the more purple tags below your name makes his opinion of you matter more?

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

OP do you know you who you're addressing? That's Lert!

I'm just another poster on the forum.

He's a Community Contributor

Which doesn't matter here, since this is not a ship review.

and farms upvotes off Mouse

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

and his opinion about you matters!

I never stated my opinion of OP. Just his post.

Didn't you know, the more purple tags below your name makes his opinion of you matter more?

Again, I never stated my opinion of OP. Also, no it doesn't.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,101 battles

No, lert...I said nothing of the kind. I didnt say anything about deserving, or entitlement. 

You and your self righteous attitude can go away. 

I used to respect you. You are just a mean person who trolls the trolls.

I know it is surprising that some of us have questions and that you rolling in and dismissing us is not helpful.

OK.. this made me laugh.

Self-awareness FTW!

[BONKS]
Members
1,738 posts
19,968 battles

OP do you know you who you're addressing? That's Lert! He's a Community Contributor and farms upvotes off Mouse and his opinion about you matters! Didn't you know, the more purple tags below your name makes his opinion of you matter more?

I lulled... It is funny because I was thinking the same exact thing :P
  • Cool 1