You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Piteous

The new missions

15 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts
2,163 battles

First off, meh, seems like the something just a different look to the screen. Are we playing with just the people in the same mission? Q's are longer than usual.

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

First off, meh, seems like the something just a different look to the screen. Are we playing with just the people in the same mission? Q's are longer than usual.

All you are doing is selecting a mission to do in your Normal Random/Co-op game play

You are not doing some Solo Campaign  or exclusive group only thing.   You select your mission,  play normally.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

A huge part of the player base is also likely not done patching yet (I'm not) and when they finish patching, most of North America is still going to have the work day to complete before they can really play.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

All you are doing is selecting a mission to do in your Normal Random/Co-op game play

You are not doing some Solo Campaign  or exclusive group only thing.   You select your mission,  play normally.

This. The only thing I can see it doing to que times is shortening que times for high tier match matching since the honorable service mission are tiers 8-10 only and a lot of people want the free ship.

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

The queue would be faster once I finish loading the  update and dive into my new Japanese destroyers

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,161 battles

This. The only thing I can see it doing to que times is shortening que times for high tier match matching since the honorable service mission are tiers 8-10 only and a lot of people want the free ship.

Whatever.

A mission for ship tiers I couldn't care less about. guess I'll skip that one.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Whatever.

A mission for ship tiers I couldn't care less about. guess I'll skip that one.

From what I've read, ships given away through the missions will always be for the Honorable Service missions. And Honorable Service will always be the high tiers.

So I guess if you want to pass up on free premium ships...

Edited by renegadestatuz

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,161 battles

From what I've read, ships given away through the missions will always be for the Honorable Service missions. And Honorable Service will always be the high tiers.

So I guess if you want to pass up on free premium ships...

Pretty much. Already have many of the premium ships anyway. Unless they come out with something new, then it doesn't matter to me.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Pretty much. Already have many of the premium ships anyway. Unless they come out with something new, then it doesn't matter to me.

The Shinonome is a new premium.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,519 posts
5,337 battles

Still patching here. Rather sad to see that the missions require tier 8 plus.

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,161 battles

The Shinonome is a new premium.

Other than some recent games where I have been filling in ships I skipped originally, in nearly 7,000 games I have steadfastly refused to advance beyond the Mutsuki in the Japanese DD line.

In fact; because I skipped every single other IJN DD to get Mutsuki for a previous challenge; it was my only IJN DD, (except for Tachibana, Fujin, and Kamikaze-R,) ever since I purchased it.

Nothing about the changes motivates me to care about either the new destroyers or the higher tiered ones. Shinonome may be a Tier 6; equal to the old Mutsuki I grew to love; the fact it has to be earned in game tiering I don't enjoy pretty much means that even as a premium I'm not interested.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Other than some recent games where I have been filling in ships I skipped originally, in nearly 7,000 games I have steadfastly refused to advance beyond the Mutsuki in the Japanese DD line.

In fact; because I skipped every single other IJN DD to get Mutsuki for a previous challenge; it was my only IJN DD, (except for Tachibana, Fujin, and Kamikaze-R,) ever since I purchased it.

Nothing about the changes motivates me to care about either the new destroyers or the higher tiered ones. Shinonome may be a Tier 6; equal to the old Mutsuki I grew to love; the fact it has to be earned in game tiering I don't enjoy pretty much means that even as a premium I'm not interested.

Makes sense.