Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Kuma captain skills

6 comments in this topic

[TO07]
Members
4,304 posts
31,715 battles

Hi

I just got the Kuma in recent weeks and although I could hunt through the posts from way back and check out what is the go for her captain things may have changed in recent times so I was hoping some of current Kuma players could help me out on which is the best and latest skills for her Captain are.

Also I would be grateful also if they could give me some advice on how to play her for instance is she  a BB support CA or and DD hunter or both.

I have the Tenryu had her for a long time but have not play her so long I have lost track of time.

any help would be much appreciated

regards

Members
168 posts
874 battles

A permanent captain for the Kuma? I suggest looking further down the line than that, but... here's my input. My picks are bolded for easy reference.

1. .BFT or BoS first. The Kuma's AA is pretty weak, so you can try to shore that up with BFT, or you can try to play around planes and go BoS for a bit more survivability
  2. .TAE, EM and LS are all viable here. EM for if you want to use the guns more (I like the Kuma's guns, so this is my pick). TAE if you want to use her torpedoes more. LS if you find your steering and engine being taken out too often.
  3. . Vigilance would be my pick for #3, though superintendant might be good because you have few planes and hydros. You might also opt for high alert if you picked up something other than LS for #2, but you still want to be able to do something about your propulsion/rudder
  4. DE for sure.

I can't imagine you getting more than a 10 point captain on the Kuma, if you do then you will be enough of an expert to know what she needs. Good Luck!

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Kuma like Tenryu is a destroyer leader and in no way a CA. Skills should focus on improve ing effectiveness in fighting enemy dds and harassing BBs.

I would suggest taking BoS as 1-point skill, EM on the second row as your turret traverse is not very good and that will keep guns pointed in proper direction as you maneuver, vigilance or SI on third row, DE on fourth and possibly CE as fifth skill.

Edited by geser98

[B3ERS]
Beta Testers
813 posts
10,292 battles

Honestly, the only time I used the Kuma effectively, I was staying back for just a bit... shooting at DDs... Then Finding a BB or 2 off alone, and Full speed right at them for torpedos. I racked up some huge damage numbers doing this. I died alot, but it was fun.... and Effective. I didnt keep her long enough to build just her captain.

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,115 battles

Kuma is a great ship...a big, nasty destroyer, basically.  I kept it and it is one of my top ships.

[GLF]
Beta Testers
795 posts

Kuma is a great DD hunter...as above, she more or less is a large DD (with a citadel...lol). Have mine set up as far as I can, for AA work. I felt that my aim is good enough to forgo the Aiming perk module. Don`t recommend unless your a good shot. For a new player to her, I would concentrate on gun upgrades and make sure you get `Last Stand` for your rudder and engines. Your going to need them.

Sign in to follow this