Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
chaoqwe

Team Kill affected K/D ratio suggestion

10 comments in this topic

Members
169 posts
5,975 battles

Hey guys, I'm new here.

Not sure if this or anything similar has been suggested before, but anyway. Here's the story.

Today I was in my Bogue and I pretty much carried game, or not, but the point is I survived to the last.

HOWEVER, one of my TEAMMATEs, a Clemson, decided to torp me to death right before the last ship on the other side sunk, and that last enemy ship was like 10+km away, so no reason for Clemson to torp in terms of normal playing. 

So, as you would expect, that player got a pink name, and it turns out that he was the last on exp list whereas I was the first or the second. (Hate kill??? that 138xp man...)

Here is the problem tho. He didn't get pink with his first salvo which totally took out 1/3 of my hp, but I do think this level of TK damage should have given him pink name already, which is supposed to reflect some damage to himself I think?

And second, that's my own K/D problem. I got a kill in that game, which should have add to my overall K/D ratio, yet due to my death, it became 1.0, which, in my case, is pulling my stats down, despite I've managed to survive enemy fire.

I think if I got killed by a teammate, who caused at least 70%-80% damage (p.s. he caused 100%) to my ship and sunk it, then this shouldn't count as my death in overall stats.

I understand that stats doesn't really matter in terms of gameplay, but I just don't think this is fair, especially after I worked hard to bring victory to my team.

Edited by chaoqwe

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

It's frustrating, I know. If it's any consolation that guy got -1 to his k/d.

[O_O]
Members
7,894 posts
22,076 battles

I feel your frustration.  I was torped twice yesterday by friendlies.  One was just a typical, newbie mistake.  I want to think the second one was too, as there was an enemy battleship beyond me in the direction he fired...but there was also an island between me and that battleship.  It was pretty early in the game, and although he didn't kill me, by hitting me with 2 or 3 torps he took me down to very little health and ruined the rest of the game for me.  I had been on the attack, but the rest of the game I was stuck shooting from cover and max range (kept me alive for a little while, anyway).  He went on to very nearly torp one of our battleships.

I think the reflected damage penalty should take effect much sooner than it does.  I'm okay with the level to reach pink, but hitting an ally with more than one torp should have instant consequences.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

Question chaoqwe. Are you playing the game because you enjoy the game play, or are you playing it because you enjoy honing your stats?

Statistics, in my opinion are best viewed with a long view. Single data points are not meaningful. Trends are meaningful. Hopefully being team killed is an anomaly and not worth the consideration that a trend is worthy of.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

The amount of damage you have to inflict over several games to another friendly is unknown Wows has said they will not divulge this info because to do so would have players work up to the limit but not cross it , and of course if you sink someone even though they have only 1 health left when you do ... your pink

Its not a perfect system, but it does prevent The TKs to run amok

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,412 battles

there is no need to concern yourself so much with stats they are basically pointless Battle and have fun

Members
169 posts
5,975 battles

Thanks for replying,

Playing this game is sometimes frustrating (like win rate keep going down despite WTR keep going up? lol), and one can't always blame others since everyone was once newbie.

I remember there was one time I got a 22 losing streak when all my ships were t5 and I just couldn't help, like really?? Even if I just don't shoot at all probably I should at least get 1 win???

I'm pretty sure I took a month long break from this game after that.

Question chaoqwe. Are you playing the game because you enjoy the game play, or are you playing it because you enjoy honing your stats?

Statistics, in my opinion are best viewed with a long view. Single data points are not meaningful. Trends are meaningful. Hopefully being team killed is an anomaly and not worth the consideration that a trend is worthy of.

But, yeah, I came back cuz I enjoy this game, most of the time.

And you have a point; funny how I'm kinda learning statistics but didn't realize that. Thx man.

I feel your frustration.  I was torped twice yesterday by friendlies.  One was just a typical, newbie mistake.  I want to think the second one was too, as there was an enemy battleship beyond me in the direction he fired...but there was also an island between me and that battleship.  It was pretty early in the game, and although he didn't kill me, by hitting me with 2 or 3 torps he took me down to very little health and ruined the rest of the game for me.  I had been on the attack, but the rest of the game I was stuck shooting from cover and max range (kept me alive for a little while, anyway).  He went on to very nearly torp one of our battleships.

I think the reflected damage penalty should take effect much sooner than it does.  I'm okay with the level to reach pink, but hitting an ally with more than one torp should have instant consequences.

That's a good suggestion. Unless a yamato ate a friendly umikaze torp, which won't happen anymore, one torp damage is usually equivalent to a cit hit damage.

This might not ruin your entire game, although often it does ruin some of it. Considering this, pink name probably should be given after a single torp hit?

Members
169 posts
5,975 battles

It's frustrating, I know. If it's any consolation that guy got -1 to his k/d.

Hmm, never considered that, good point man. 

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

(like win rate keep going down despite WTR keep going up? lol

Warships Today rating system takes preference in damage dealt, then win rate and then number of kills.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I have been sunk by allies probably about 50 times (roughly 1% of my deaths) by my estimate. In that time I have sank allies 7 times, plus once I sank an allied bot in coop. I have turned pink for damage to allies on two other occasions. My K/D would go up by approximately .01 if those numbers were removed from my calculation. This is really a meaningless statistical anomaly, and it's not worth your time to even worry about.