Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vak_

Farewell to Isokaze. Good night, sweet prince

23 comments in this topic

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Just played my last WoWs battle with Isokaze :(

njF5hnW.jpg

After tomorrow, I won't be keeping this wonderful ship -- it will still be strong, sure, but just not the same level of OPness that accomplished seal clubbers such as myself desire.

These are the solo Isokaze stats I've ended up with (sorry for being somewhat responsible for her being nerfed):

PL8VbIR.jpg

Press F Post your hands-down best Isokaze game down below to pay your respects :B

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Well, she was OP...

No denying that

you downed 2 planes? How?

RNGesus loves me! Also, the enemy Zuiho tried really, really hard to sink me.

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

Surprised you kept it. I dumped all related ships in that tier once they took away the 10km torpedoes on Minekaze. And I used to play that ship the most too....

Nice game.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,672 battles

Well, she was OP...

Only because WG started drinking paint and screwed up ship balance and MM with T4 no longer seeing T6.

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

Only because WG started drinking paint and screwed up ship balance and MM with T4 no longer seeing T6.

Nah, she was OP before that.

[PIR8S]
Members
103 posts
7,324 battles

Fairwell Good Sealclubbing Isokaze. My Clemson Won't miss you :trollface: To be honest, while I can see why they're changing the Torps on the Iso, I don't know what level of Vodka induced Stupor WG must've been in to mess with it's guns. It's soo outgunned already, i don't see a point to increasing the reload and lowering the Damage. Fire chance is slightly more understandable, but still not excusable in my opinion. How else will the Isokaze stand a chance against my Clemson which gives  Freddy Krueger Nightmares when he's playing his IJN DDs :P

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Well, she was aimed with the intention that newbie players would be using her, so even though the torps themselves were powerful, they didn't expect a fresh player to land too many to cause issues. But then, you know, people like to club seals, and in the hands of a much more than intended experienced player, it can get dicey.

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

Yep she was a seal clubber, a great little seal clubber!

70 games - Highest damage - 164k

Members
1,451 posts
11,035 battles

To me Isokaze and Minekaze are good ships for seal clubbers. But it is still quite difficult to master for beginner as their first line...

But anyway, farewell old Iso- and Mine- kazes. Though the age changes your appearance, I still love to see you in my port. See you tomorrow

[DO-IT]
Beta Testers
150 posts
11,393 battles

Don't be so gloomy about Iso's upcoming changes since she's still going to be a force to exploit versus inexperienced players.

Let's look at the two nerfs surrounding her for tomorrow:

1.) Guns: reload time increased/damage reduction  

2.) Torpedos: damage/speed reduction.  

Addressing her gun changes, they're nothing to be worried about since the guns are used rarely due to the shells rather slow velocity. 

Her new torpedoes will pretty much behave like the stock ones currently available for her and they're absolutely fine.  If you still manage to strike half of your torpedoes on an enemy battleships you will leave them in a crippled state.  The shorter reload is a bonus allowing us to put even more fishes in the water sooner.  The speed was a bit ridiculous considering you don't manage speeds like that until you reach the current Fubuki's upgrade torpedoes.

I'm looking at what the new changes could pose:

42 sec reload can drop to 38 seconds with torpedo rearm, which makes for a very tasty combination for having the ability to engage more targets when the opportunity rises.    

In preparation for these changes a while back i put on the stock launchers and managed a 99k dmg game with iso, so while an anecdotal it is very possible for experienced players like us to manage wonderful results.  I didn't play more, but if the first game out of the get go is like that i'm confident i'd get better adjusting to the slower speeds. 

gJYzVVh.jpg

Don't have the screenshot anymore, but I do remember it was on Ocean in a T6 match. Too many BB's were sailing straight. :unsure:

Edited by hawaiiandude241

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

There's a lot of people who want to buy WG shooters in the form of +/-1 MM......

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,115 battles

Let's look at the two nerfs surrounding her for tomorrow:

1.) Guns: reload time increased/damage reduction  

2.) Torpedos: damage/speed reduction.  

Addressing her gun changes, they're nothing to be worried about since the guns are used rarely due to the shells rather slow velocity.

Don't have the screenshot anymore, but I do remember it was on Ocean in a T6 match. Too many BB's were sailing straight:unsure:

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but all those totals may not have been from the same game.  That screen shows your highest totals in XP, damage, and kills with Iso overall.  Granted, a personal best game in XP may very well be the same game as your personal best damage dealt, but not necessarily so.

I get the torpedo nerf, but the gun nerf befuddles me.  They were puny as they were.  I still used them when detected, however.  If I am fighting another IJN DD, I blast away in the hopes of disabling an engine or rudder, thereby making her an easier target once my torpedoes are reloaded.  Also, if I am detected and hunting down a CV, I use the guns in an attempt to start a fire and prevent planes from taking off, or in the hopes she will use a precious repair, before my next torpedo strike.  Now that I think about it, I will do the same against a battleship if my first strike doesn't finish the job and I am already detected.  Gotta try for that fire chance, as small as it may be.

Now, however, the guns really will be useless.  Great.  :rolleyes:

Edited by desmo_2

[DO-IT]
Beta Testers
150 posts
11,393 battles

@desmo_2, parade not rained on since the focus of my screenshot was for my personal Isokaze damage record and since I noted how I didn't have a screenshot of the game result what I posted served as example of my best (damage) with Isokaze.  

Addressing the gun situation, I too use the guns for said situations, but given how most of the time in a match is spent around setting torpedo runs or objectives using the guns are indeed in the minor use column. Those of us that use her guns will still get results out of them. The reload increase is really a non issue considering her biggest fault is the slow projectile velocity. 

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Don't be so gloomy about Iso's upcoming changes since she's still going to be a force to exploit versus inexperienced players.

Oh, I'm not denying that. A six torpedo volley will still likely one-shot a full-HP BB that's sailing in a straight line, which is where the huge Isokaze damages mostly come from. Gun nerf sucks, but a good player will still make those guns count.

But she just won't be the same for me :( I'll stick to Kamikaze R from now on.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,672 battles

There's a lot of people who want to buy WG shooters in the form of +/-1 MM......

Those same people will then be crying buckets about the nerfs that come afterwards to their favorite ships.

At least I'd be able to go rub their noses in those +/- 1 posts and potentially have a few see the connection.

Sign in to follow this