You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BrassFire

So, I'm Genuinely Curious.

31 comments in this topic

Members
515 posts
306 battles

Greetings to all who read this; I hope you've had a good day and had some happy hunting on the high seas! I started four or five days ago, and I'm genuinely curious as to whether this score is good or not considering the fact that I'm rather new. Can you help me?

30ldopi.jpg

Edited by BrassFire
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

78k in a Kongo is quite good, especially for a newer player.

• Cool 1

Members
515 posts
306 battles

I actually got the two citadels from 10 KM away. I couldn't believe it; Kongo tends to miss from what I've seen.

[REVY]
Members
9,646 posts
7,316 battles

It's above average for the average player.  The only thing that's particularly special is that you got a close quarters expert medal, which isn't entirely easy to do in the Kongo.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,635 battles

Way better than I've ever got in a Kongo. But that isn't saying much since I've never captained a Kongo. That is really a great score for someone just starting out.

Members
515 posts
306 battles

Way better than I've ever got in a Kongo. But that isn't saying much since I've never captained a Kongo. That is really a great score for someone just starting out.

It's above average for the average player.  The only thing that's particularly special is that you got a close quarters expert medal, which isn't entirely easy to do in the Kongo.

I got Kongo yesterday or the day before, then got the second hull today. The transition from brawling to fighting at long distance and then brawling was... Pretty damn jarring, to say the least.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

The forum only allows pictures/links from a few, approved sites. The easiest site to use - imho - is tiny pic. Just go here. Follow the instructions - it's like two maybe three steps. Then use the link it provides in your "image" post option and you're done.

Most folks tuck their image inside a spoiler (think html div). 

And yes, that's pretty good Kongo score. She is an excellent ship. Keep it up and you'll go far. 

Members
515 posts
306 battles

The forum only allows pictures/links from a few, approved sites. The easiest site to use - imho - is tiny pic. Just go here. Follow the instructions - it's like two maybe three steps. Then use the link it provides in your "image" post option and you're done.

Most folks tuck their image inside a spoiler (think html div). 

And yes, that's pretty good Kongo score. She is an excellent ship. Keep it up and you'll go far. 

Ah, thank you for the advice and compliments! After this fight I can definitely see why people have a burning love for this ship; after the hull upgrade it's extremely fun to play. I don't think I'm ever gonna sell her.

Edited by BrassFire

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,371 battles

Ah Kongo, used to be my favorite mid-tier battleship but sadly the matchmaking rework makes it see Tier VIIs all the time.

NIce job man!

Members
515 posts
306 battles

That is quite a good result, especially for someone as new as you. Well done, and keep it up. 

Ah Kongo, used to be my favorite mid-tier battleship but sadly the matchmaking rework makes it see Tier VIIs all the time.

NIce job man!

Thank you both for the comments. Want to division sometime?

Members
171 posts
3,881 battles

If you ever wanna division with me, you can message me in game and unless i'm doing something else I will respond

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,371 battles

Nah, I'm busy at Tier VII farming poor Tier V seals.

Just kidding, I would love to.  Send me a message in-game whenever.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

Members
515 posts
306 battles

Nah, I'm busy at Tier VII farming poor Tier V seals.

Just kidding, I would love to.  Send me a message in-game whenever.

Thanks.

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

You did significantly more damage than the server average for a tier 5 battleship for that game, possibly double the server average. I see you are able to hit citadels, I had severe difficulty hitting anything not broadside at tier 5 myself so keep up the good work!

Edited by Wyatt_DERP85

Members
515 posts
306 battles

You did significantly more damage than the server average for a tier 5 battleship for that game, possibly double the server average. I see you are able to hit citadels, I had severe difficulty hitting anything not broadside at tier 5 myself so keep up the good work!

Thanks!

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Unless you're suicidal like me; and use Kongou as a battering ram/brute force weapon when the opportunity presents itself (esp. vs those DDs that dropped torps then dropped smoke and thought they could hide as I supposedly ran away).

[REVY]
Members
9,646 posts
7,316 battles

Unless you're suicidal like me; and use Kongou as a battering ram/brute force weapon when the opportunity presents itself (esp. vs those DDs that dropped torps then dropped smoke and thought they could hide as I supposedly ran away).

Oh my Kongo is secondary specced alright and I try to brawl when the opportunity presents itself, but if I played 5 rounds in it today looking to get that close quarters expert medal, I'd probably wouldn't get it, despite having experienced 185 battles with the Kongo.  It's tricky to get those tier 5 secondaries to deal the killing blow.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Oh my Kongo is secondary specced alright and I try to brawl when the opportunity presents itself, but if I played 5 rounds in it today looking to get that close quarters expert medal, I'd probably wouldn't get it, despite having experienced 185 battles with the Kongo.  It's tricky to get those tier 5 secondaries to deal the killing blow.

Fair enough.

As far as my Kongous are concerned, every one of their CQC medals were from DDs either attempting to camp smoke or attempting a suicide run (that moment when you tank all the torps to the exact same area and don't take any further damage due to saturation).