Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ukrainian_Farmer

Advice on How to Handle Rebalances

9 comments in this topic

Members
390 posts
2,764 battles

Alright, things have gotten out of hand again and I'm getting tired of it. I don't know the last time this has been said, but it needs repeating.

I've played a lot of online games and MMOs, so I'm used to buffs, nerfs, revamps, and rebalances, and it always happens the same. Just because things are changing doesn't mean they're ruined, so prematurely lighting your pitchforks and crying that the game is ruined because a class or character is being tweaked is, at best, wasting your own time and energy.

Trust me, things are rarely as bad as you think, they just take an adjustment period. Let's be realistic here, there are already people who rage, demand varyingly absurd levels of compensation, and threaten to leave the game before anything is even known, and will continue to do so long after the relevance has died. Half of them don't even play the affected ships, and half of the ones who threaten to never buy anything have never bought anything.

Don't be those people. Save yourself the energy and wait to pass judgement until after the patch goes live. See what's changed, how you need to adapt, and if you can or even need to make any of the playstyle changes a revamp brings. Then, if you don't like the changes, outline your problem with minimal chat filter and capslock.

You can be a rational adult, or you can cry "My daddy is a lawyer" and "I'll take my ball and go play somewhere else" like a child. Try to remember which forum posts are most likely to get their way.

Edited by Halinspark
  • Cool 6

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Alright, things have gotten out of hand again and I'm getting tired of it. I don't know the last time this has been said, but it needs repeating.

I've played a lot of online games and MMOs, so I'm used to buffs, nerfs, revamps, and rebalances, and it always happens the same. Just because things are changing doesn't mean they're ruined, so prematurely lighting your pitchforks and crying that the game is ruined because a class or character is being tweaked is, at best, wasting your own time and energy.

Trust me, things are rarely as bad as you think, they just take an adjustment period. Let's be realistic here, there are already people who rage, demand varyingly absurd levels of compensation, and threaten to leave the game before anything is even known, and will continue to do so long after the relevance has died. Half of them don't even play the affected ships, and half of the ones who threaten to never buy anything have never bought anything.

Don't be those people. Save yourself the energy and wait to pass judgement until after the patch goes live. See what's changed, how you need to adapt, and if you can or even need to make any of the playstyle changes a revamp brings. Then, if you don't like the changes, outline your problem with minimal chat filter and capslock.

You can be a rational adult, or you can cry "My daddy is a lawyer" and "I'll take my ball and go play somewhere else" like a child. Try to remember which forum posts are most likely to get their way.

The rabble do not read, they only rage post....

So posting this really won't accomplish anything but creating a new place to sling mud....:teethhappy:

Members
390 posts
2,764 battles

The rabble do not read, they only rage post....

So posting this really won't accomplish anything but creating a new place to sling mud....:teethhappy:

Unfortunately, prior experience proves you right. I don't even think they CAN read, but I felt it needed to be pointed out. Who knows, maybe we'll get one person to stop acting like an [edited]?

[WOLF7]
Members
755 posts
23,849 battles

Unfortunately, prior experience proves you right. I don't even think they CAN read, but I felt it needed to be pointed out. Who knows, maybe we'll get one person to stop acting like an [edited]?

NLyrzdy.gif

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,323 posts
23,687 battles
The best way to deal with rebalances (the ones you do not like) is to play a bunch of different ships, better yet play all of them.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Potatoes gonna potate and whiners gonna whine. That's just how the world is. You can't change it. A lot of people have a strong psychological aversion to change as it draws them out of their comfort zone, so it's often not even that people don't read or they like to whine, but simply the way they are. All people are different and I choose to respect those differences and don't worry too much about people making a big deal out of things.

Just let them be.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I personally never liked the IJN DD line. Now I might just give it another try.

Change is good when it comes to weak ship lines. Whether the change is good, we'll have to wait and see.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I think I'm reasonable about this. I spend money on this game and will continue to spend money despite changes I am not happy about to the IJN DD line. It was the first line I grinded and for a long time before the sweeping nerfs was my favorite line. List of direct and indirect nerfs under the spoiler. 

Damage control system mod 1 now increases TDS modifier by 3%

Target Acquisition System now lets you spots torpedoes earlier, this stacks with Vigilance

Superior German SONAR

German BBs get SONAR at high tiers

SONAR now increases in range as tiers go up

Radar

Radar is then buffed, so it reloads faster than smoke

Radar introduced in three T7 CLs

British CLs get SONAR and no DF option, so they must carry it

British CLs, Flint, and MK have smoke

British CLs have low detectability 

British CL AP is amazing against DDs, I put up a 10k volley from my Fiji on a DD at 7km yesterday, that should not happen

Faster ships, Iowa and Monty given speed boosts, premiums like the Leningrad, reintroduction of the Sims

Rudder Shift Mod that allows high tier cruisers and DDs to turn faster to avoid torps

Heavy nerfs to 610mm torps, they are now super easy to detect, and don't even do more damage than 533s are capable of until the Fubuki

Universal Situational Awareness is a boon to BBs

Asynchronous torp launch (the whole set used to fire at once, now there is a slight delay between each torp widening thin spreads and making them fire unevenly during a turn)

Secondary buffs to some cruisers and higher tier USN BBs

German BB secondaries

I liked the uniqueness of the line, putting torps ahead of guns. I thought that tiers 6+ needed a buff and 4-5 needed a slight nerf. Simply I thought the 610mm torp detection penalty should be reduced so that 610mm torps would be detected 1-1.5 seconds later than they are currently on average (30-50% of the difference between 610mm and 533mm, exact amount determined by balance). 

For the Minekaze and Isokaze I though a drop in the speed of their torps by 4-6 kts would suffice. There was a question as to why the Isokaze got the same quality torps, so perhaps it could be given something like 63 kts and 12500 dmg torps.

Instead they are being given 57kts and 10833 dmg torps. This is 11 kts and 3567 dmg less. That's not just a nerf, that's an execution. 16% decrease in speed and 25% decrease in damage. That's the hardest nerf I've seen in 15 months of playing this game. The torpedo hit ratio of the Blyskawica's 57 kt torps is 6%, the Minekaze currently has a 10% torpedo hit percentage. That's what happens when you are given slow torps. Even if the Minekaze fires 10% more torps (thanks to the faster reload) and it's torp hit percentage falls by half of the difference between it and the Blyskawica we are talking about 12% fewer torp hits per battle at 25% less damage for 66% of the torp damage it currently accumulates. If it falls by the full difference we are talking about a 50% drop in torp damage per battle. That's what WG is doing to these ships.

Also the light nerfs to the Umikaze and Wakatake are completely unnecessary.

6-9 look slightly improved overall at the cost of their uniqueness. I'm not super interested in playing any of the new ships other than the Akizuki because it is unique. The torp reload acceleration is a gimmicky consumable that is OP in some circumstances and useless in others, these ships should have been buffed in other ways.

Also the lowering of the alpha and fire chance will almost negate the increase in DPS due to the effect of having the first volley loaded at the beginning of an engagement. This is why slower ROF cruisers with worse DPS can often outduel faster ROF/DPS cruisers. A ship with twice the ROF fires its third volley at the same time the ship with half the ROF fires its second volley. Broadside power matters, DPS isn't everything. 

The Shimakaze, the weakest T10 IMO, and the weakest T10 DD according to the stats, is also getting a slight nerf, same DPS with a smaller broadisde power, lower fire set rate.

These ships needed a change, but the one they got is not the one they should have gotten.

I hope that came off as rational. Because I have been making this argument in the face of strawmen, trolls, and people who think volume counts as an argument for weeks now.

Sign in to follow this