You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

EVERY tier 10 game

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

T9/10 is what you make of it. Try to have fun and most of the time you will, and have a good chance at carrying the team to a win as well. 

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

I don't see "everyone" camping very often in my T10 games.

Of course, I push a lot in my Yamato...so maybe it's just me.

:izmena:

But, to be fair, every game is different.  Gotta factor lots of things into where I've got to be.  Tiers.  Ship class distribution.  Map.  Objective(s). Spawn points and spawn distribution.  If I spawn with other heavies and good supporting units, nine times out of ten if I go "all in", they will all come with me.  If I spawn on the weak front, then it requires caution.  Doubly so if the MM is DD heavy.

As for the mid game, it's all about reading the map.  If I believe I've got weight on my side, I try to encourage the push.  Push with weight and win.  If I'm on the weak side, then it's all about holding 'em off while the strong side pushes.  

Keep in mind that many T10 games become attrition contests.  This isn't necessarily bad.  If both teams know when to push and when to hold, then the game can become static. This isn't about players camping, but about players playing well.  Many (most?) Good T10 players know how not to get deleted in one salvo.  So the side that wins is the one that makes the most out of each shot, while minimizing the incoming.  And during the attrition contest, I'm always looking for the opening to push and decide the contest.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,373 posts
14,186 battles

rFv5siO.png

Nice bait......in the event that this guy is serious: You havent played nearly enough tier X to know exactly what tier X gameplay is like

Edited by BlueMistPvP

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,373 posts
14,186 battles

WG DO SOMETHING to fix this camp!!!

rework the entier game of you have to

this campy [edited]makes tier 10 pointless 

Also, nice spelling.

Says the one with 41 tier X battles

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

I wish I understood where this complaint (generally; 'camping in high tier games,') comes from.

I absolutely LOATHE high-tier games; I hardly ever play my high-tiered ships because I might wind up in a tier 9-10 game; but I still come out swinging when I do wind up in them, and can't say I EVER seen both teams cowering like rabbits trapped in a cage with a boa constrictor like it seems so many complain about.

Maybe I just haven't played enough high-tiered games to see it happen enough to recognize that it is...

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

I wish I understood where this complaint (generally; 'camping in high tier games,') comes from.

I absolutely LOATHE high-tier games; I hardly ever play my high-tiered ships because I might wind up in a tier 9-10 game; but I still come out swinging when I do wind up in them, and can't say I EVER seen both teams cowering like rabbits trapped in a cage with a boa constrictor like it seems so many complain about.

Maybe I just haven't played enough high-tiered games to see it happen enough to recognize that it is...

I think it's that the early tiers have engagement ranges at about 10-12km. Those tiers go by really quick though in the grand scheme of things.

Mid tiers are about 12-16km. Battleship range has gone up to ~18-20, cruisers at 14-16km etc. Players end up having a lot more games in this range

High tiers, tier 8-10, have fights at 14-22km. Battleships start getting 20-26km ranges, cruisers about 15-19km. Players once used to the ranges of mid tier are now in this, and are confused about the longer engagement distance. To an outsider it may look campy. Players in general are 'smarter' about how they play. Some games go by 8 minutes without a death because nobody has made a mistake to get them killed. It's sort of like chess, where one point gets contested and covered by both sides until it reaches a breaking point.

[BOTES]
Members
2,394 posts
10,558 battles

The only thing I don't like about 9/10 is CV play. Not that you see CVs very often, but everyone has to play really passively because getting spotted on cap is a death sentence. I had this type of game yesterday with the Fubuki in a T10 match with two Midways. I couldn't cap for most of the game. I only did 60k because I got a lucky torp volley on an NC. I did take out a Kagerou but that was towards the end of the match during CV downtime. I don't like how the CVs direct the flow of the game so much. You can only sail where your CV enables you to remain unspotted, but they just play selfishly and use their fighters to guard their bombers. Most of the round was a BB snipe fest. Nobody wants to get closer and that really ruins DD play because you don't have the kind of AA necessary to resist a T7 CV, never mind T10. I bet if I put a C Hull Fubuki with all the AA buffs directly under a Midway fighter group, it would take at least five minutes to kill the group.

Edited by awildseaking

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I think it's that the early tiers have engagement ranges at about 10-12km. Those tiers go by really quick though in the grand scheme of things.

Mid tiers are about 12-16km. Battleship range has gone up to ~18-20, cruisers at 14-16km etc. Players end up having a lot more games in this range

High tiers, tier 8-10, have fights at 14-22km. Battleships start getting 20-26km ranges, cruisers about 15-19km. Players once used to the ranges of mid tier are now in this, and are confused about the longer engagement distance. To an outsider it may look campy. Players in general are 'smarter' about how they play. Some games go by 8 minutes without a death because nobody has made a mistake to get them killed. It's sort of like chess, where one point gets contested and covered by both sides until it reaches a breaking point.

I think if it looks campy to an outsider then it must be in fact campy. We're used to seeing BBs and CAs engage from max range, sure, but it's the essence of camping.

You must see it too, "a race to be the slowest". Sometimes one of the teams doesn't play by the rules and a mid-range fight breaks out, but other times it's a slow exchange well past the 10 minute mark.

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

Enjoy this recording of a non-camping game with my Yamato.  Proof that not "EVERY" game is as you describe.

Edited by Sventex

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

They nerfed 20km torps. They standardized repair costs. What the [edited]more do people need to get the message? XP nerfs next, perhaps? :sceptic:

From various things I've read; it seems as if NA wants none of the 'CHARGE FORWARD AND FIGHT!' that seems to pervade RU and EU.

Personally, that kind of thing is stupid as hell anyway. I prefer subtle to smash-face anyway. If I have to brawl, I wnt to do it on MY terms, not because I'm being forced into it by the devs, or popular opinion.

Even in Epicenter, which I still have a somewhat negative opinion of; I may push in and fight/brawl because I realize that's necessary to win; but I still do so on my own terms; not 'just because.' If I don't feel right about the situation, I won't push it; that's just the way it is.

Beta Testers
408 posts
6,981 battles

They nerfed 20km torps. They standardized repair costs. What the [edited]more do people need to get the message? XP nerfs next, perhaps? :sceptic:

People should start knowing cowards would always be cowards, torps and repair bills are all easy excuses. 

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

In my limited high tiers experience I also find the game painfully slow, to the point where I'm really not looking forward to high tiers battles. In a 20 minute match you could probably carve out the opening 8 minutes, it's generally just super cautious posturing and positioning. Game ends up having 2 battle lines at spawn that focus whatever breaks out from said battle line.

Other than saying I'm playing at the elite tiers in game I just don't see where I'm "improving" on the amount of fun I'm having to justify playing at the upper echelons. I have tons of great times at tier 3,4, and 7 currently so why mess with it frustrating myself over stale battles. Again just my opinion gained from limited battles with little desire to play more.

[RS]
Members
378 posts
22,723 battles

Hmmm. how to say this nicely.

Deal with it.

Tier 10 is not for everyone and the play style is very different. I own up front that i both don't like it and suck at it.  I'm a mid 50% WR player for BB's until I get to T9 and T10 when suddenly I can't break out of the 30% range. Yammie and Izumo just turn to slow and there is never ever a moment when there isn't a torp wall headed in my general direction. If I push I instantly get abandoned, If I snipe I get flamed. I love my Yammie more than any other ship but I absolutely hate playing it.
But that's on me. In lower tiers its the cruiser and DD players that take the pounding. especially the cruisers. So why shouldn't they have a level where they are the godlings and I am the seal for clubbing? If I'm looking for wins, credits and fun I know where to find them, down in T5-8. No body is denying me anything by making the T9-10 a DD fest.

[BONKS]
Members
1,738 posts
19,976 battles

From various things I've read; it seems as if NA wants none of the 'CHARGE FORWARD AND FIGHT!' that seems to pervade RU and EU.

Um I play on EU as well and it is not an aggressive meta... It is actually 100x more passive than any T10 NA game. It is easy to rack up damage on EU because the enemy team goes to A1 while your team tries to counter them by going to J10 :teethhappy:

You really haven't seen camping till you play EU

Beta Testers
408 posts
6,981 battles

Um I play on EU as well and it is not an aggressive meta... It is actually 100x more passive than any T10 NA game. It is easy to rack up damage on EU because the enemy team goes to A1 while your team tries to counter them by going to J10 :teethhappy:

You really haven't seen camping till you play EU

O I believe I would save that line for SEA server :hide_turtle: