Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
geser98

Scharnhorst and team kill

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Has anyone noticed that Schanrhorst was more prone to being torped by team mates than other ships? I've just got her yesterday and love it, although I was having not exactly a good run last night. 

I put my Konig captain on it with a full secondary build, because life is to short to sit back and snipe. Over the course of like 12-15 games last night I've been torped by friendlies in 5 games and in one of them it happened three times. So it seems like while I can push, brawl, take caps, melt dds and give my team advantage... I really shouldn't because at some stage I'll get a friendly torp in the [edited].

Especially all the people who never played IJN CAs before and now got hold of Takao... so frustrating.

Members
5,202 posts

The average player is pretty oblivious with their torpedoes.

If you're playing the Scharnhorst as a brawler and you're getting right in the enemy's face, it's likely you'll be on the receiving end of friendly torps. Thus is the nature of CQB. 

Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

An unfortunate hazard of being on the front line, I'm afraid.  Not that it's any excuse.  A player is ALWAYS responsible for any torpedoes they launch.

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

Yeah, it's really less about scharn and more that too many people need their torpedoing privilege's revoked. Reasons I'm for just removing team torp damage because everything they have tried to cut down on it has failed. They STILL do it. Nothing they do short ofremoving torps or team damage for them will stop them.

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

You tend to play more out front in the Scharnhorst than other similar battleships, which inevitably puts you in the line of fire of shoulder shooting teammates.  That can be the only reasonable explanation.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

The reason I'm asking is because I brawl in a similar fashion in Kaiser and Konig and never had I been torped by team mates in those ships. It's either people are becoming worse at using torps as they get to hgher tiers :teethhappy: or maybe that there's just too many ships equipped with torps on t7-t9 games.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,019 battles

The reason I'm asking is because I brawl in a similar fashion in Kaiser and Konig and never had I been torped by team mates in those ships. It's either people are becoming worse at using torps as they get to hgher tiers :teethhappy: or maybe that there's just too many ships equipped with torps on t7-t9 games.

Part of the issue is torp range going up at higher Tiers. IJN CAs at Tier 5 and above have 10km torps and can't seem to grasp the idea that friendly ships might change course along that 10km path. Brit CLs get 8km torps at Tier 6 IIRC, and I've been hit a lot recently by idiots on my team playing British cruisers.  And now we have Fubuki at Tier 6 with 3x3 10km torps. DD, cruiser, even BB - it doesn't matter.  They all get hit by friendly torps, especially if you are mixing it up with the enemy at close range. 

Full disclosure:  I turned pink the other day. Playing DD, backing up in smoke just waiting for a cruiser to come out from behind an island when a friendly DD cut in front of me just as I released torps. My fault, but a rear view mirror or backup warning indicator would've been necessary to see him. He was so close the minimap didn't show him separately from me. We were sharing the smoke cloud. 

Members
129 posts
2,550 battles

Good Scharnhorst players often charge enemy battleships, knowing they can tank the damage well up close and then deal devastating torpedo damage. Friendly destroyers like torpedoing enemy battleships too, from a greater distance, and they don't expect their friendly battleships to go into a brawl with their targets. Then bad things happen.

Non-Scharnhorst battleships very rarely get between friendly destroyers and their targets. Cruisers do, but they can evade torpedoes more easily.

Edited by Komrad_B

Sign in to follow this