You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

PSA: (Re) buy your researched IJN DDs for free port slots

93 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

5.15 hits tomorrow, bringing the IJN DD split.

Be sure to read and understand the following:

---------

Principles of Ship Replacement

Ships

Mutsuki

• If a player researched Mutsuki VI before the update went live, then Fubuki VI and Mutsuki V plus her hull (B) become researched; the undistributed ship XP available on Mutsuki VI is be transferred to Fubuki VI.
  • If a player purchased Mutsuki VI before the update went live, then all upgrades, signals, flags, and consumables mounted on her are de-mounted and stored in the depot; Mutsuki VI plus all modules mounted on her are removed from the player's account; Mutsuki V is added to the player's account together with a ship slot; Fubuki VI is added to the player's account.

Fubuki

• If a player researched Fubuki VIII before the update went live, then Kagero VIII, Fubuki VI, and the hull (B) for Akatsuki VII become researched; the undistributed ship XP available on Fubuki VIII is transferred to Kagero VIII.
  • If a player purchased Fubuki VIII before the update went live, then all upgrades, signals, flags, and consumables mounted on her are demounted and stored in the depot; Fubuki VIII plus all modules mounted on her are removed from the player's account; Fubuki VI together with a ship slot are added to the player's account; Kagero VIII is added to the player's account.

Kagero

• If a player researched Kagero IX before the update went live, then Yugumo IX, Kagero VIII and the hull (B) for Kagero VIII become researched; the undistributed ship XP available on Kagero IX is transferred to Yugumo IX.
  • If a player purchased Kagero IX before the update went live, then all upgrades, signals, flags, and consumables mounted on her are demounted and stored in the depot; Kagero IX plus all modules mounted on her are removed from the player's account; Kagero VIII together with a ship slot is added to the player's account; Yugumo IX is added to the player's account.

Hatsuharu

• If a player researched Hatsuharu VII before the update went live, then Akatsuki VII, Hatsuharu VI, and hull (B) for Fubuki VI become researched; the undistributed ship XP available on Hatsuharu VII is transferred to Akatsuki VII
  • If a player purchased Hatsuharu VII before the update went live, then all upgrades, signals, flags, and consumables mounted on her are demounted and stored in the depot; Hatsuharu VII plus all modules mounted on her are removed from the player's account; Hatsuharu VI together with a ship slot are added to the player's account; Akatsuki VII is added to the player's account

Minekaze

• If a player researched Minekaze V before the update went live, then Mutsuki V and the "Gun Fire Control System Type 4 mod. 2" module for Isokaze become researched.

Ship Combinations

• If a player purchased Mutsuki VI and Fubuki VIII before the update went live, then a bonus in the amount of 3,100,000 Credits is added to the player's account.

• If a player purchased Fubuki VIII and Kagero IX before the update went live, then a bonus in the amount of 9,040,000 Credits is added to the player's account.
  • If a player purchased Mutsuki VI, Fubuki VIII, and Kagero IX before the update went live, then a bonus in the amount of 12,140,000 Credits is added to the player's account.

Commanders

• If a player had Commanders with specialization in Mutsuki VI before the update, then the Commanders are retrained for specialization in Fubuki VI. In addition, a Commander with 10,000 Commander XP and specialization in Mutsuki V plus a slot in the Reserve is added to the player's account.

• If a player had Commanders with specialization in Fubuki VIII before the update, then the Commanders are retrained for specialization in Kagero VIII. In addition, a Commander with 15,000 Commander XP and specialization in Fubuki VI plus a slot in the Reserve is added to the player's account.
  • If a player had Commanders with specialization in Kagero IX before the update, then the Commanders are retrained for specialization in Yugumo IX. In addition, a Commander with 35,000 Commander XP and specialization in Kagero VIII plus a slot in the Reserve is added to the player's account.
  • If a player had Commanders with specialization in Hatsuharu VII before the update, then the Commanders are retrained for specialization in Akatsuki VII. In addition, a Commander with 15,000 Commander XP and specialization in Hatsuharu VI plus a slot in the Reserve is added to the player's account.

Permanent Camouflage

• If a player purchased the permanent camouflage for Hatsuharu VII before the update went live, this camouflage is removed from the player's account; permanent camouflages for Hatsuharu VI and Akatsuki VII are added to the player's account as replacements.

• If a player purchased the permanent camouflage for Fubuki VIII before the update went live, this camouflage is removed from the player's account; permanent camouflages for Kagero VIII and Fubuki VII are added to the player's account as replacements.
  • If a player purchased the permanent camouflage for Kagero IX before the update went live, this camouflage is removed from the player's account; permanent camouflages for Yugumo IX and Kagero VIII are added to the player's account as replacements.

(source)

-----------

I have all of them (T6 - T9) in my port right now, so I'm looking at 12 million credits, several port slots and several commander reserve slots and several nicely trained commanders with a decent starting amount of points / XP on them. Plus the credits I can get after the patch for selling the ships I don't want to keep. I don't have any permanent camouflages on any of mine, but if I had, I'd get a few for free there too.

<Edit> Yes, 'if a player purchased' means you need to have it in your port; having previously purchased and later sold it doesn't count.

• Cool 6

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

I'm in the same boat, prepared for the release. Haven't unlocked the Kagaro and its not in reach. But not sure if there is any gain in rebuying the Minikaze.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

But not sure if there is any gain in rebuying the Minikaze.

No. There's only gain in having T6 - T9 in your port. Will amend OP.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

Also get some free commanders for each ship.

Some pretty nicely trained ones, too. Will amend my OP.

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

Huh, that's pretty cool that they are fully reimbursing the cost to buy the older ships. Selling them after the patch is just profit plus the free slots. Sounds good.

Note: if you're really strapped for credits, hold off on selling the Mutsuki once it hits tier 5; the current event will place it on a 50% discount, which should factor into the selling price.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,926 battles

Yeah, I went ahead and used some free XP to get Fubuki-8 in port with a hastily-recruited commander for this very reason.

• Cool 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts

That is if I have enough silver to get the , mut,hats, kag?

[RLGN]
Members
19,163 posts
35,195 battles

Actually had to read the news page post several times to finally figure out what the heck was going on.

Thanks also to you Lert for taking the time to post this info in another place where it might be seen.

My own problem is so utterly dispising higher tier game play it makes me wonder if I even care I'll get a Fubuki for my T6 Mutsuki.

Research and buy everything up to T10 from the IJN DD line if I wanted to? Hey; no sweat... five million fxp offers such a wonderful potential.

Why should I... I won't play the ships.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

Why should I

Free port slots, free reserve slots, free IJN commanders with some XP on them ... If you don't need any of those then yeah, no reason to buy them. But if you're short on slots and / or need commanders, there's gain to be had.
  • Cool 1

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Minekaze is being replaced by Mutsuki, and being moved over to the second tree, is it not?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

don't know how you get free ports?

If you have any of the ships that are getting downtiered, you're getting their downtiered version with a slot, as well as their replacement at the higher tier.

Minekaze is being replaced by Mutsuki, and being moved over to the second tree, is it not?

Hmm. Point. Owning Minekaze in port might be worth it if you don't have Hatsuharu.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

i have the fubuki unlocked, but not purchased. too broke. now i have to decide if i want to sell some of my other ships to gain that free port slot or not.

on the one hand, it'll be a net gain, and i can always buy the other ships back.

on the other.. that seems like work.

decisions, decisions...

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

tfw only has one extra port slot to make use of in the first place...feelsbadman:(

+1 for the PSA Lert.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
266 posts
3,832 battles

well, Minekaze is 50% off right now, so nothing to lose in buying her and selling later after she goes back to full price.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts

If you have any of the ships that are getting downtiered, you're getting their downtiered version with a slot, as well as their replacement at the higher tier.

Hmm. Point. Owning Minekaze in port might be worth it if you don't have Hatsuharu.

right now I don't have any DD, but I can freeXP research to the Minekaze, (and have credit to buy it if need), I actually think of try to play DD, would there any benefit of getting Minekaze?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

would there any benefit of getting Minekaze?

The only benefit would be a small head start in the second line (Minekaze -> Hatsuharu -> Shiratsuyu -> Akizuki).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

Yeah, I went ahead and used some free XP to get Fubuki-8 in port with a hastily-recruited commander for this very reason.

I just did the same.

Members
1,684 posts
20,011 battles

So I have the fubuki all I want is the akizuki can someone tell me in dumb terms how I can make this happen?

Repurchase hatsuharu and go up a tier with xp?

[RLGN]
Members
19,163 posts
35,195 battles

Free port slots, free reserve slots, free IJN commanders with some XP on them ... If you don't need any of those then yeah, no reason to buy them. But if you're short on slots and / or need commanders, there's gain to be had.

True... Though I consider myself to have an excess of captains right now... To the point I'm using an othewise unoccupied Atago commander to fill up the IJN battleship line via 5+5 gameplay, (five games played in PvP, five games played in PvE, move to next ship. Currently on Kongo.)

Doing the same thing for the IJN destroyers I previously skipped using my Hosho captain