Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

CV rage edition a Zuiho detonates Bayern

31 comments in this topic

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

a few hours ago I was playing a Zuiho and by luck when i surrounded a stock Bayern BB with B5N Kate Torpedo Bombers on both sides so the Bayern could not escape my torpedo run, by chance it resulted in a detonation when the torpedo hit the Bayern and it resulted the victim claiming that IJN TB squads are OP and needs nerfing, in my view IJN TB is perfectly fine

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

Hard to blame him. At higher tiers every other ship has strong AA, but at this tier the only thing with AA is Texas and Yuhbari, neither of which are what I'd call common.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Hard to blame him. At higher tiers every other ship has strong AA, but at this tier the only thing with AA is Texas and Yuhbari, neither of which are what I'd call common.

I miss running my AA captain Yubari :(

Nothing like watching CV captains lining his planes up for slaughter.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Stock Bayern is horrible when it comes to surviving torpedo hits. Not to mention a WWII era heavy tank has more AA capability than a stock Bayern.

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

Stock Bayern is horrible when it comes to surviving torpedo hits. Not to mention a WWII era heavy tank has more AA capability than a stock Bayern.

Also upgraded Bayern can be vulnerable to IJN B5N Kate torpedo bombers as well

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

Bayerns eat my T6 planes.  I have to commit everything if I want an appreciable attack to get through.

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

Bayerns eat my T6 planes.  I have to commit everything if I want an appreciable attack to get through.

I usually target stock Bayern's because they have minimal AA

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

I miss running my AA captain Yubari :(

Nothing like watching CV captains lining his planes up for slaughter.

I still do, but CVs seem to becoming rarer. Running a yubari and facing purely surface combatants is... Fusterating.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,145 battles

I have only one REAL complaint about the IJN CVs. They always have fighters and damaging utility while the USN have to trade one for the other. 

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

I have only one REAL complaint about the IJN CVs. They always have fighters and damaging utility while the USN have to trade one for the other. 

This is why I love IJN CV's

[CONQR]
Beta Testers
895 posts
13,174 battles

until essex and midway

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,102 posts
30,874 battles

It is interesting how often CVs keep sending planes against Yubari instead of a more vulnerable BB.

Beta Testers
1,661 posts
7,501 battles

Zuiho is pretty good at farming salt. I remember fondly of stepping on triple Nikolai divisions and enacting sweet justice.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Zuiho is pretty good at farming salt. I remember fondly of stepping on triple Nikolai divisions and enacting sweet justice.

Must have sucked for the Nik drivers who purchased the ship and came into the game to play it, only to be killed by a parasitic, game ruining mechanic that takes no risks and which WG uses to shorten matches and reduce its costs. I feel sad for them, and when I read threads like this, am always happy I have never played a CV. 

Beta Testers
1,661 posts
7,501 battles

Must have sucked for the Nik drivers who purchased the ship and came into the game to play it, only to be killed by a parasitic, game ruining mechanic that takes no risks and which WG uses to shorten matches and reduce its costs. I feel sad for them, and when I read threads like this, am always happy I have never played a CV. 

Oh I'm sorry. I guess I should have let those completely and utterly balanced Nikolais just completely stomp my team and I should have lost the game. :'( Man how horrible that I attacked a ship that only has one counter at t4 with its counter.

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

next time i see you i might as well target you with torpedo bombers and dive bombers

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Oh I'm sorry. I guess I should have let those completely and utterly balanced Nikolais just completely stomp my team and I should have lost the game. :'( Man how horrible that I attacked a ship that only has one counter at t4 with its counter.

"one counter at T4" Are you serious? Dunno how it is for you, but I have played a few games in Nik and been killed by BBs, CAs, and DDs. Seen plenty of Niks, and they are as vulnerable as any other ship. They just hit harder. Good DD play is an easy counter for a division of Niks. 

Anumati, track what you just trumpeted about: killing three ships at zero risk to yourself. If you had killed 3 Fletchers in a Hatsu, or gotten a Kraken in a Fuso in a T8 game, that might be sweet. What's sweet about killing ships while taking no risks? You can't even whine that the Niks messed up your purty planes -- they don't have AA. 

You didn't administer sweet justice. You just saved WG a few pennies in marginal costs.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

next time i see you i might as well target you with torpedo bombers and dive bombers

Typical CV driver. 

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator, In AlfaTesters
1,119 posts
24,122 battles

Typical CV driver. 

Typical Nikolai player TBH :^)

Edit: On the topic of justice, three people in a division with Nikolais are certainly looking for easy matches using arguably the most broken ship in the game, tier for tier. Using another OP game mechanic (low tier CVs) to take a dump on them is certainly some form of cosmic justice, in my eyes.

Edited by Gaishu_Isshoku

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

LOL. Stopped playing Nik after they gave it special MM. I really enjoyed beating Fusos and N Mexicos in it, but it is so OP that I felt bad about playing it. Not a CV driver, I enjoy beating opponents who have a chance to kill me. :^)

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

Edit: On the topic of justice, three people in a division with Nikolais are certainly looking for easy matches using arguably the most broken ship in the game, tier for tier. Using another OP game mechanic (low tier CVs) to take a dump on them is certainly some form of cosmic justice, in my eyes.

Usually when I see Nikolai's, I gang em up on both sides with torpedo bombers from Hosho or Zuiho, also once it happens, it results in the victim being very salty

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator, In AlfaTesters
1,119 posts
24,122 battles

Usually when I see Nikolai's, I gang em up on both sides with torpedo bombers from Hosho or Zuiho, also once it happens, it results in the victim being very salty

Yeah, most of them are expecting a nice, easy, relaxing, seal clubbing break from the usual grind. So sad someone has to be there to ruin it, CV players sure are just soulless fun ruining machines :^(

Sign in to follow this