You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MarioKartMaster

Fire damage bug?

4 comments in this topic

Members
67 posts
1,778 battles

I was in my isokaze and hit by a wyoming which started fire, after the shell damage, i was at about 1,508 hp, i hid in smoke and wasn't hit again, however the little fire symbol indicator with the time left of fire ended up disappearing when i was at about 50 or less hp, so i assumed it was done. but when i was still taking damage from fire, and could still see the fire on my ship... what made the fire indicator symbol disappear? cause then i woulda know to start shooting at 1 900 hp karlsruhe nearby(but i didn't shoot cause i thought fire dmg was gone and didn't wanna give away my position) and so i ended up dying :/

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

The timer can run out between ticks, thus you sustain up to one tick (2 seconds I believe or .6% of your HP) in damage after the time runs out. The fire animation might remain until the last tick, I've never tested it. This rarely matters but I have been killed by the last tick on a few occasions after thinking I'd survived. Not sure if this counts as a bug, but they definitely could improve this.

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

I had an incident recently where I repaired a fire just before I was going to die form it, but yet I still took another tick of damage and died. Was quite frustrating.