You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MelodyMP

Kamikaze R and Fujin nerf

67 comments in this topic

[SOMF]
Beta Testers
42 posts
8,826 battles

Global nerfs to type 92 torpedos, 

And a pretty significant set of nerfs at that.

Way to screw over the paying customers, WG.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,130 battles

Source?

Premiums don't usually get nerfed.  Show proof of your claim or it is just heresay.

[BONKS]
[BONKS]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
15,194 battles

Yeah, I would like to see some kind of evidence as well if this is the case. 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

But then if you think about it, Fujin and Kamikaze would be terribly overpowered in comparison to Minekaze if they weren't nerfed. Also, this is a global nerf, so they'll need to get Fujin/Kami a new torpedo module if they are to keep their current stats. 

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

As far as datamining goes, the Fujin, Kamikaze and Kamikaze-R are supposedly spared from these nerfs, likely will become rare ships and not sold again since they'll be a massive power creep over the tech tree Minekaze/Mutsuki

[SOMF]
Beta Testers
42 posts
8,826 battles

Kamikaze R and Fujin use type 92 torpedos. Those torpedos are being nerfed. It's right there in the update news item.

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator, In AlfaTesters
1,119 posts
24,122 battles

Reminder that each ship, even if they 'share' equipment, actually has its own unique equipment, so you wouldn't research the F3 Shimakaze/Kagero torpedoes by researching the Zao. I'd expect only the Type 92 torpedoes on the Minekaze to change, with the Kamikaze's and Fujin's sets retaining their current characteristics. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

Kamikaze R and Fujin use type 92 torpedos. Those torpedos are being nerfed. It's right there in the update news item.

Just like all the 130mm guns on Soviet DDs had their flares adjusted and HE alpha weakened but Gremyashchy's retain the old HE values and don't have the gun flare penalty even despite being listed as the same guns on the Gnevny. That's not enough to prove that they're getting changed

But since you're so convinced, hurry up and sell them, also pics or it didn't happen :trollface:

Edited by BunnyOfTheFleet
  • Cool 3

[F-N-B]
Beta Testers
1,411 posts
8,485 battles

Nothing in the patch 5.15 notes says anything about this and for all you can say about WG, they don't make those kinds of changes without any kind of announcement.

Kami and Fujin are premium ships that were available for cash, WG does not nerf ships that were available for cash as a policy. Just don't expect to see them for sale very often if ever again.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Unless you have hard proof, all you have is a theory.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

For OP's consideration

Every Japanese cruiser from Furutaka to Ibuki uses the same 20.3cm guns, and yet these cruisers all have different gun characteristics in traverse rates and range.

The Kamikaze class will be fine.

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

Meh, MM still up tiers T5 ships enough that I don't have much desire to play the Minekaze.

Sure, but Minny-K is getting nerfed. I'm not seeing what the Minekaze has to do with the other premiums not.getting a nerf. I was always under the impression that the Kami/Fooj are staying just as they are even after the rework.

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,044 posts

Nerf it.. Only way you are stopping the Fujin is reducing the range or taking torps completely away.

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

Id like a dev to confirm that the nerf doesnt apply to them.

Members
646 posts
3,678 battles

I see on this page http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-515/

Tier IV, Isokaze

• Changed the technical characteristics of the Type 92 torpedoes:

• Torpedo speed reduced (from 68 to 57 knots).
  • Damage by a torpedo reduced (from 14,400 to 10,833 points).
  • Reload time of torpedo tubes reduced (from 47 to 42 seconds).

Does this mean all ships with the type 92 or just the Isokaze's type 92 are nerfed? I am honestly unsure.

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

Even IF, big IF, they gave it the same nerf to torpedoes, They are slightly slower, do less damage, and take a little longer to reload - big deal. Most will still have the skill to reduce reload times, Torp damage is stupidly high across the board anyway and oh yeah, it still maintains range so you just have to aim different at a ship that still won't know your there till he picks up the torps you launched at him. And if the loss in speed is THAT crippling to your ability to play the ship, train a commander up to have the speed increase and concealment expert in order to up speed but keep stealth, or get closer anyway and risk taking fire.

CV's nerfed to oblivion by AA buffs, nobody bats an eye. Minor at best nerf to IJN DD's everyone loses their minds.

[MAUS]
Members
13,684 posts

I see on this page http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-515/

Tier IV, Isokaze

• Changed the technical characteristics of the Type 92 torpedoes:

• Torpedo speed reduced (from 68 to 57 knots).
  • Damage by a torpedo reduced (from 14,400 to 10,833 points).
  • Reload time of torpedo tubes reduced (from 47 to 42 seconds).

Does this mean all ships with the type 92 or just the Isokaze's type 92 are nerfed? I am honestly unsure.

Allow me to assuage your fears.

2n8tu83.png

That's the Gnevny on the left and the Gremyashchy on the right.  The Gnevny used to have the exact same gun performance stats as the Gremyashchy until the B-13 guns were nerfed.  Here's the patch notes from 0.5.2.

Damage from the HE shells of B2LM guns was reduced from 1,900 to 1,600; the chances of causing fire were reduced from 9% to 7%. These changes were made in respect of the following ships: Gnevny, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent and Udaloi

Note they could have nerfed the Gremyashchy at the same time.  They did not.  Your Kamikaze-class premiums are safe.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 10

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

Imagine the rioting if WG nerfed (they won't) the Kamikaze family mere days after selling Kamikaze exclusively in a rather expensive bundle. Fujin sales weren't that long ago either.

Sales of torches and pitchforks would be through the roof.

[CVA16]
Members
8,858 posts
27,016 battles

Even IF, big IF, they gave it the same nerf to torpedoes, They are slightly slower, do less damage, and take a little longer to reload - big deal. Most will still have the skill to reduce reload times,

Those, in combination, are a huge nerf to torpedoes. For practical purposes, the effective range is reduced against any target not coming toward you. You are less likely to get a hit, the TT are easier to avoid and you need to guess even further into the future where the target might be.  Finally you need more hits to sink a target but won't even have the same rate of fire. Combined with the same crappy guns (or possibly a slight nerf to them also?) the ships will be poor shadows of their current form.
Edited by Sabot_100

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

We'll know tomorrow, but I'd bet they're safe, unless WG is really in the mood for a lot of irate customers.  For WGNA to put Fujin on sale while the IJN DD rework was already in process and many of its particulars known, with the implication that this was the chance to get a -kaze clone that will retain the old type 92s, was already a bit sketchy - and yes, I bought one.  For them to do that and then nerf the Fujin torpedoes anyway is a recipe for customer dissatisfaction.  Call me naive, but given ways in which they are otherwise bending over backwards to offer fair compensation (whatever one thinks of the changes), I don't actually believe they want that.

• Cool 1

[MAUS]
Members
13,684 posts

The list of direct nerfs to premium ships in World of Warships is exceedingly small and come from blanket changes to overall system mechanics rather than changes that directly attack the ships themselves.  The only examples I can think of:

• AA mechanic changes negatively affected ships like the Yubari which relied on low-caliber AA guns over dual-purpose, large caliber weapons.

• Changes to Advanced Fire Training Captain Skill reduced the attainable maximum ranges from skills on select premium ships like the Diana, Aurora, Yubari, Iwaki, Marblehead and Murmansk if one had a well trained Captain.   Albany and Mikhail Kutuzov were immediately buffed to restore their Advanced Fire Training range.

And that's all of them.  If anyone can think of any others dating from Open Beta, feel free to chime in.

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

The list of direct nerfs to premium ships in World of Warships is exceedingly small and come from blanket changes to overall system mechanics rather than changes that directly attack the ships themselves.  The only examples I can think of:

• AA mechanic changes negatively affected ships like the Yubari which relied on low-caliber AA guns over dual-purpose, large caliber weapons.

• Changes to Advanced Fire Training Captain Skill reduced the attainable maximum ranges from skills on select premium ships like the Diana, Aurora, Yubari, Iwaki, Marblehead and Murmansk if one had a well trained Captain.   Albany and Mikhail Kutuzov were immediately buffed to restore their Advanced Fire Training range.

And that's all of them.  If anyone can think of any others dating from Open Beta, feel free to chime in.

The fire chance nerf to all USN 5" Guns reduced the fire chance of Atlanta's guns even though it was premium, but that was still back in CBT if memory serves right. When OBT came out, players didn't have the Atlanta in their ports anymore and had to "re-buy" the ship with the current statistics we have now

[MAUS]
Members
13,684 posts

The fire chance nerf to all USN 5" Guns reduced the fire chance of Atlanta's guns even though it was premium, but that was still back in CBT if memory serves right. When OBT came out, players didn't have the Atlanta in their ports anymore and had to "re-buy" the ship with the current statistics we have now

Everything prior to Open Beta (the soft release) were malleable.