Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Some simple fixes that will make PvE more enjoyable

7 comments in this topic

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

1. Make Red bot torps damage only human ships and Green bot torps damage only Red. This will eliminate two things that make PvE annoying: getting damaged and TKed by green bots, and (2) the mutual suicide as green and red bots, especially DDs, torp each other. That reduces the damage that humans can do by eliminating ships before humans can even fire at them. It also reduces the ability of new players to practice killing DDs.

2. Change the spawn so that the slowest ships spawn closest to the center and fast ships the farthest. In a slow BB you can reach the battleground only to find that there is nothing to shoot at. Sometimes this can even happen in a fast BB. Put the Green destroyers in the back. 

3. Limit the number of Green bots and humans to 3-5 bots and 2-4 humans. Too many humans, and all the ships are quickly killed. Slower ships then have nothing to shoot at. With 1 human, the Green bots all suicide, leaving the human facing 5 bots. That means relaxing the 30 second queue rule until enough humans are available. No one who regularly plays co-op will mind that. 

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,907 posts
19,267 battles

I actually like the way co-op is right now, it's a little rough at tier X sometimes when I'm the only human, and I'm in my BB and wished I'd of chosen another tier X lol 

But not often enough to make me want any changes, and I like facing 5 or 6 bots alone it's no biggie.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,420 battles

I do agree.

I have been green torped many times. Often times the green bot DDs will launch torps towards a red ship behind you and act like you are invisible, not even there, and torp you instead, with nary a care. OTOH they are polite and stop if you cross their path, not to run into you. Strange.

The most annoying one for me is the way they continually, and early, ram each other and suicide, leaving less on the table for gthe rest of us. DDs love to do this.

A while ago they fixed (finally) the bots continually beaching themselves (still do a few times, but not like before). They can fix the suicidal tendencies.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

How about just making the bots smarter?  Oh wait, they are at the "average" player level.

They act like avrage scrubs but they aim like a sniper :D at least if you show broadside you die so fast
Edited by PrinzMakaay

[USCC]
Members
100 posts
17,361 battles

Overall PVE is pretty good right now, but it could be improved.

1. Change the matchmaker time to 60 sec's instead of 30. Games with 5 or more bots on your side just sucks.

2. Give the PVE community their own section of the forums.

3. Mix up the bot team's ships, it would make it more interesting if they didn't exactly mirror our side.

[USCC]
Members
3,907 posts
19,267 battles

3. Mix up the bot team's ships, it would make it more interesting if they didn't exactly mirror our side.

I like that one, I hadn't thought of that. 

But I am curious, why do think we PVE players need our own section on the forum? 

Sign in to follow this