Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ayanami_Kai

Manual AA's on the Iowa

13 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Members
823 posts
12,434 battles

shot_16_11_29_01_36_35_0433_by_ph_pennys

Yep, No clear sky.

So sad :(

shot_16_11_29_01_37_14_0808_by_ph_pennys

Testing out Auto AA's

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/102323-is-aa-and-stealth-upgrades-and-commander-skills-good-on-us-bb-iowa/page__p__2515340#entry2515340

Edited by DJ_PON3_ZaNe
  • Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
823 posts
12,434 battles

Here's the result of my Iowa Manual AA/AFT build:

Against a Taiho:

qtVXdJX.jpg

Image too big to reply, had to put it on spoiler.

Woah, Taiho, well, have you tested it on Essex?

I never tested it mine yet on the Taiho and or the Japanese CVs.

Edited by DJ_PON3_ZaNe

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

She's a good ship~ 

and a good girl~

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles

Funny, my Iowa ended up with Steven Seagal too, so not many captain points yet.  Would you guys say manual AA BEFORE AFT? Or other way around?

Beta Testers
326 posts
6,564 battles

Is an AA build for a US BB still a good idea seeing as they're not that many CV's playing these days?  Just wondering because I'm trying out an AA build on my Colorado at the moment.  With the Hull C upgrade, it will boost my AA to an 80+.

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
990 posts
9,588 battles

Is an AA build for a US BB still a good idea seeing as they're not that many CV's playing these days?  Just wondering because I'm trying out an AA build on my Colorado at the moment.  With the Hull C upgrade, it will boost my AA to an 80+.

I still run an AA build on my NorCal (100 AA rating anyone? Yes, please.) even though it doesn't get put to use too often. 

My thinking is, what do I hate most, and what can ruin my fun faster, than a talented CV driver who has it out for me? Nothing. Not DDs. Not HE spamming cruisers. I combat those with maneuver, repairs, positioning and WASD hacks. Oh and my guns. But planes are another story altogether. 

If I can evaporate a squadron of planes the first time it gets close, then that CV knows to just stay away, leaving me to have my fun. Or, he can keep trying and I can farm credits and save my team some grief. Either way, I win. Plus, I'm a bit of an AA enthusiast and I love swatting down those planes. 

Edited by Falls_USMC

[P2W]
Members
615 posts
7,904 battles

I still run an AA build on my NorCal (100 AA rating anyone? Yes, please.) even though it doesn't get put to use too often. 

My thinking is, what do I hate most, and what can ruin my fun faster, than a talented CV driver who has it out for me? Nothing. Not DDs. Not HE spamming cruisers. I combat those with maneuver, repairs, positioning and WASD hacks. Oh and my guns. But planes are another story altogether. 

If I can evaporate a squadron of planes the first time it gets close, then that CV knows to just stay away, leaving me to have my fun. Or, he can keep trying and I can farm credits and save my team some grief. Either way, I win. Plus, I'm a bit of an AA enthusiast and I love swatting down those planes. 

I run the manual AA build on the NC, but for Iowa and montana I find concealment much more viable then choosing manual AA.

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
594 posts
8,966 battles

Funny, my Iowa ended up with Steven Seagal too, so not many captain points yet.  Would you guys say manual AA BEFORE AFT? Or other way around?

AFT first, always. I made the mistake of taking manual AA first on my Montana and barely shot down anything. Manual AA is a juicy boost, but getting your 40mm bubble as big as possible is top priority, it's where your real AA DPS comes from.

Sign in to follow this