Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Dorja

Discounted Ships are Great, but Also Terrible

4 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

I love it when ships I want to buy are available on discount. Right now, everything above tier 7 is discounted. This is great. I was looking at my Baltimore and thinking about grabbing the Des Moines while it is a little bit cheaper. I have quite a bit of Free Exp, and a decent amount of dubloons to convert a bit more for the remaining bit needed to unlock the ship. I can demount my modules and retrain my captain too, and even pick up premium camo. This is a great time for me to snatch up my first tier 10 ship.

So what makes discounted ships terrible?

cKMDGRF.png

It's that bit in yellow which ruins it for me. I'd love to buy the Des Moines when it is a bit cheaper, and as is usually the way of things in this game, I'm going to sell the Baltimore to help fund the Des Moines. If I want to be able to afford the Des Moines on discount, I need to wait until the discount ends to sell the Baltimore at full price. Then the discount will be over, and I won't be able to afford the Des Moines anymore and the entire purpose of a discount even is squandered.

Why, after years of doing this like this, are we still doing things like this? It completely defeats the purpose. Am I asking for too much here when I say that I don't think ships being sold should sell for less when they are being discounted below their normal price?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

Because you can make a profit by buying a ship on sale and dumping it later.

Although this varies by tier.

This is also why I stockpile credits and FXP like a miser until a sale comes along.

Edited by X15

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

Because you can make a profit by buying a ship on sale and dumping it later.

Although this varies by tier.

Honestly, if people are willing to play that long of a game, they really should be able to reap the rewards for that level of epic patience and planning.

Members
381 posts
5,656 battles

I have been sitting on a bunch of unlocked ships. Just purchased Roon, Iowa, Moskva, NOLO, Amagi and wiped out my credits for a while. Unfortunately I never sell ships. Takes like 5 minutes to scroll through them