Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Teephud

How is XP calculated?

7 comments in this topic

Members
80 posts
4,272 battles

Can someone explain how XP is awarded?  I couldn't find it in the wiki, and I did try searching.  It's clear from what I've experienced that it isn't damage alone.  I definitely see a significant gain when I have cap or defend points.  How about spotting?  Does shooting down planes count for anything?  

Members
1,451 posts
11,022 battles

1. Percentage damage done

2. Planes shot down

3. Cap points gained

4. Cap points defended

5. Cap points delayed

6. Potential damage taken.

7. Friendly damage done to enemies spotted by you

8. Kills secured

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

TL;DR: We don't know.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

TL;DR: We don't know.

I'm actually not completely sure either. From what I know, it's

1. Percentage damage done

2. Planes shot down

3. Cap points gained

4. Cap points defended

5. Cap points delayed

6. Potential damage taken.

7. Friendly damage done to enemies spotted by you

8. Kills secured

1. % ship HP damage dealt - you'll get a lot of xp from just hunting DDs, which is currently why I'm just on a run to hunt DDs
  2. Planes shot down will count a decent bit towards XP, especially if you get around 20+
  3. Capping / defending - will give you more XP if you solo cap, but it's been heavily nerfed since the economy change. It still gives a hefty amount if you do solo cap. You can also get some XP (I don't know how much) from simply defending / preventing the enemy from taking a cap.
  4. Tanking / potential damage - this is gives a lot in the way of XP, especially for BBs.
  5. Spotting damage - not sure how much since I have yet to see someone get a decent amount of spotting damage to get decent XP.
  6. Kills - not much in the way, but it helps a bit.
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

If we had a big enough sample of individual games, we could easily back-calculate it. Is there no mod or debug function or anything that collects that?

Members
1,451 posts
11,022 battles

I'm actually not completely sure either. From what I know, it's

1. % ship HP damage dealt - you'll get a lot of xp from just hunting DDs, which is currently why I'm just on a run to hunt DDs
  2. Planes shot down will count a decent bit towards XP, especially if you get around 20+
  3. Capping / defending - will give you more XP if you solo cap, but it's been heavily nerfed since the economy change. It still gives a hefty amount if you do solo cap. You can also get some XP (I don't know how much) from simply defending / preventing the enemy from taking a cap.
  4. Tanking / potential damage - this is gives a lot in the way of XP, especially for BBs.
  5. Spotting damage - not sure how much since I have yet to see someone get a decent amount of spotting damage to get decent XP.
  6. Kills - not much in the way, but it helps a bit.

Thanks for adding the detail. I just don't have time for it. I remember once in a QnA WG explained some details of exp composition. I just can't find it at the moment. But I remember they said the killing blow is equal to 1/6 of the full ship damage or so.

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

Can someone explain how XP is awarded? 

Picture if an abacus had a baby with a blender.

Sign in to follow this