Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

Myogi - To everyone who says she's a terrible ship...

40 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

FIGHT ME.

k.

I'll bring my Nikolai.

• Cool 6

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

Nice match, but an isolated one-off doesn't make Myogi not weak. 2 week server stats put her firmly bottom in winrate, damage, average experience, death/death ratio, and average kills per match.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles

Nice work! I don't remember Myogi as a bad ship just one to get to a better place as fast as possible...

[STW]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
10,616 battles

I don't mind the Myogi.  In fact I find it enjoyable.  That doesn't make it decent, nor does a single lucky match.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles

The reason so many think it is terrible is people yolo in it and it can't brawl like the other BB's it meets. Treat it as a tough cruiser and people will be cursing your name.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,294 posts
23,625 battles

She is better now than when she was first released.

[SOUP]
Members
9,386 posts

The reason so many think it is terrible is people yolo in it and it can't brawl like the other BB's it meets. Treat it as a tough cruiser and people will be cursing your name.

The Wickes was, I dodged every torpedo spread he threw at me while I focused on one of the South Carolinas. All my dodging was done with the ship's compass, I think that pissed him off most, cause I didn't even look at him, only in about the last 1km when the SC was dead did I switch to a view where I could steer into him more accurately

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles

She is better now than when she was first released.

That was in alpha and we were all trying to get a handle on it. In fact with the number of hate threads on it I think a lot of people are grappling with how different it is than almost every other BB.

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

I feel like WG gave the Myogi a lot of based accuracy, you know, you got trash dispersion if your aim is off...

And it's a low tier battleship, ppl usually get it with less than 200 battles...

I do like it, that godly turret traverse is very pleasing ^.^

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

k.

I'll bring my Nikolai.

You beat me to it.

One good game does not a good ship make.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,294 posts
23,625 battles

That was in alpha and we were all trying to get a handle on it. In fact with the number of hate threads on it I think a lot of people are grappling with how different it is than almost every other BB.

No after release, she got a new hull with the pagoda style super structure. She did not have that at release.

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

I feel like Myogi, in contrast to Nikolai and Wyoming, is more of a teamplay ship.

She's pretty agile, and she's fast, faster than most of the cruisers she will encounter, and with low tier cruisers' trash HE fire chance a Myogi is a lot of battle potential prescence.

Her godly turret traverse, I believe, has a purpose. Unlike what I do in other tier 4 bbs, which involves sticking with a single target and keeps spamming AP/HE until they are dead, Myogi should always looks for the most appetizing target for each salvo. She's supposed to be a damage-trade initiator, crippling enemy cruisers before our cruisers engage, tank and engage enemy bbs until slower friendly bbs catch up, disengage and do a bit of sniping while recovering.

The above is a conclusion according to my experience in the CN server.

Oh, did I mention she got one of the best AA at tier 4? She can also be an effective AA screen for low tier cruiser floatillas.

[ARR0W]
Members
6,139 posts
32,876 battles

The only ship Ive ever sold twice, once when I was a yellow noob, and once when was various shades of blue. Rather have dental work without anesthesia (which I used to do because of allergies).

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,291 battles

The only ship Ive ever sold twice, once when I was a yellow noob, and once when was various shades of blue. Rather have dental work without anesthesia (which I used to do because of allergies).

even allergic to nitros? Don't want to walk a mile in those shoes.

Sign in to follow this