You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Furious_Fury

wind direction and wind speed

22 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
14,322 battles

Someone suggest to see maybe adding wind direction and wind speed by the compass or something.

we have to take that into consideration to for our shells and planes

just a thought of mine...

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,321 battles

Dispersion is so far off from what it would be in "real life" that adding something else to the mix would have a negative impact on hit ratio's, prolonging an already long game.

[WOLF8]
Members
381 posts
9,580 battles

Add the pitching and rolling motions, decreased accuracy due to barrel wear, crew fatigue, and degraded performance due damage... It would be much more realistic.  And a lot less fun.

Members
168 posts
874 battles

Add the pitching and rolling motions, decreased accuracy due to barrel wear, crew fatigue, and degraded performance due damage... It would be much more realistic.  And a lot less fun.

Don't forget the massive loss of accuracy due to moral if the kitchen gets hit.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
994 posts
12,711 battles

Implicily accounted for in the fire control when you aim. This is why you don't have to compensate the movement of your own ship, nor compensate for the relative movement to the target that youv'e locked on to either. Anything more complicated than what we have now will make the game less fun. 

Edited by NCC81701

[_AFW_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
551 posts
8,359 battles

The advanced fire control computers of USN battleships could indeed take these factors into account on a real time basis.

Other nations had to manually calculate this every time they wanted a firing solution, thus slowing down their aim whenever battles became chaotic and the weather anything other than a calm blue sky. This was especially a problem on IJN ships.

In game however, every ship is modeled as if it had USN level fire control systems, as the game will range for you and give you accurate position, speed, and course. Usually you had to obtain that from either radar, spotter planes, or from spotters using giant stereoscopic sights.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,992 battles

As the other posters have commented, I'd rather be playing an arcade warship game than golf with AP warheads.

... on second thought, can I have both? :yes_cap:

[SYN]
Members
5,956 posts
13,861 battles

Someone suggest to see maybe adding wind direction and wind speed by the compass or something.

Good suggestions, but for the wrong game.  Frankly WoWS just isn't sophisticated enough (nor is it meant to be) to warrant modeling these kinds of things.  Especially for the planes since that in the game they aren't properly simulated as aircraft.

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,450 battles

It's all fine and dandy until Fleet A is upwind from Fleet B and fleet B is unable to get good shot ballistics.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Don't forget the massive loss of accuracy due to moral if the kitchen gets hit.

Save the Coke machine!!!!

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Yup, I just play from the standpoint of a captain. I assume that (other than having to lead) I'm just calling out targets and the order to fire, and the crew is making it happen.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Only if we can add Dolphins to get in the way of torpedo walls.

If Chuck Norris is riding said dolphin, will the wind affect the trajectory of the torps he plucks from the water and throws back at the firing ship?

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

If Chuck Norris is riding said dolphin, will the wind affect the trajectory of the torps he plucks from the water and throws back at the firing ship?

We already have Steven Seagull, lets add Chuck, and the whole Expendables crew !  I claim Dolph as mine.
Edited by Shadowrigger1

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

This NOT a simulation.

(There should be a large sticky post headed THIS IS NOT A SIMULATION!)

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

We already have Steven Seagull, lets add Chuck, and the whole Expendables crew !  I claim Dolph as mine.

I'd take Jason, but he's still fairly current, so doesn't count lol.

I'll take Jet, we can division together, and you can throw short jokes at me. :D 

And there's another strike for Steve. Either they didn't care to ask him, or he refused!

Edited by Skpstr

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

I'd take Jason, but he's still fairly current, so doesn't count lol.

I'll take Jet, we can division together, and you can throw short jokes at me. :D 

And there's another strike for Steve. Either they didn't care to ask him, or he refused!

You can't have a Less than Character,  they have  Jean Claude !..  having Seagull makes him a Less than. so..  Dead half way in the movie.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

You can't have a Less than Character,  they have  Jean Claude !..  having Seagull makes him a Less than. so..  Dead half way in the movie.

And he probably wouldn't stand for that lol.

I was surprised they killed a Hemsworth off so quickly, although it was only Liam...

Although then again, Leo DiCaprio has made a pretty good career out of bad endings for his characters. :D