You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_uO7eEzhrDxsi

Torpedoes everywhere!

21 comments in this topic

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,845 battles

...because CV is the only thing that shoots torpedoes... blame the CV for torpedoes....

Double CV games are pretty rare nowadays deal and move on? :)

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
19,459 battles

I have seen more 2 cv games lately in mid tiers, when there are 2 cv you have to start working together so you have multi aa working, call a few ships to join you and tell them why, in cbt and early on there where almost always 2 in game, teamwork is the counter to that

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,681 battles

There have been more CV's in general and I think it is because of the ongoing Shipsgiving missions.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

I have seen more 2 cv games lately in mid tiers, when there are 2 cv you have to start working together so you have multi aa working, call a few ships to join you and tell them why, in cbt and early on there where almost always 2 in game, teamwork is the counter to that

I think that is because of the Shipsgiving event.

Members
808 posts
9,436 battles

I drive a lot of light cruisers so bring on more aircraft!  I love it when i am in my Cleveland, Atlanta, or even the Kutuzov.  I love watching the planes fall from the skies in droves as my plane kill counter clicks up 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,321 battles

...because CV is the only thing that shoots torpedoes... blame the CV for torpedoes....

Double CV games are pretty rare nowadays deal and move on? :)

Double CV games are anything BUT rare these days; there are more CV's in game now than I can remember seeing for ... ever.

(and as a dedicated DD player, it sucks when people start targeting your favorite ships, doesn't it?)

[RLGN]
Members
19,163 posts
35,195 battles

Seen a lot of 2 CV games lately, likely because of Shipsgiving, (which will end tomorrow morning at the server reset.)

Depending on the experiences of new players who took up CVs, and older players who dusted their's off for the events, it may be that the frequency of them appearing will drop off again.

[CWGC]
Members
848 posts
2,977 battles

lol what? cv's are the problem? try getting into high tier play if you havent already and have a few t9-10 dd's spamming fish all over the map

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed that all the CVs came back AFTER I sold my Cleveland.

Oh well, tough luck I guess

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
71 posts
25,904 battles

lol what? cv's are the problem? try getting into high tier play if you havent already and have a few t9-10 dd's spamming fish all over the map

Actually you have as many fish in the water from CA's as you do with DD's T8+. The new UK CAs have 8 torps per side, the IJN have between 8 and 10 torps per side, and the USSR has 5 torps per side. All range from 8 to 10 KM. Then add CV torp bombers and you have as much torpedo soup as ever. It just isn't only from IJN DD's.

Beta Testers
611 posts
2,887 battles

Yeah, the only counter to a ship is to have teamwork.... do you even play random battles.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,321 battles

Then you have clearly never been in a game with 3 Shimakazes + 2 Gearings + some other random destroyer before

You are absolutely right; I have NEVER been in a game with 5 tier 10 DD's.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

CVs are the brutally hard counter to DD torp soup (T6+ IJN, T8+ US, and T9-10 VMF usually are the culprits).

When there's 5-6 DDs per team, it degenerates into a contest to see who roasts the most marshmallows before having to WASD hax against the torp soup. I think LWM holds the record for 50 marshmallows for 5 minutes of camping lol.

Much as some players might dislike it, CVs are needed to counter torp soup. Few push a cap the DD's hiding in. I guess the usual thinking is "I don't want to advance until I know the red DD"s location and incoming torps." Rarely see someone brave enough to say eff it, pop hydro, and charge in because he'll get half the reds opening on him.

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,615 battles

cv torps don't bother me, I dislike them because they always spot me seconds before I'm about to fire torps on an unsuspecting ship. they ruin my sneaky runs every time lol

Edited by giovybez