You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MotherbrainJr

I was told open beta. August 29th.

48 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
15 posts
521 battles

I know I'm going to look like a complete idiot. But this is what happened to me.

First a friend of mine who's name I will not release told me on TeamSpeak that the World of Warships servers were taken down and that

OPEN beta was going to start on the 29th of August. OPEN as in ANYONE and not just Wargameings special 10k+ battle VIP baby's can download and play.

Is this true. Or was he just giving me the business?

Sincerely. MB

• Cool 3

[ROGA]
Alpha Tester
315 posts
1,905 battles

1. Your friend doesn't know why the servers were taken down.

2. I do not know this for a fact, but I believe there isn't 24 hour testing in the alpha. In beta for WOT Xbox they had these times that the servers were up. Therefore, the servers would be taken down at times.

Edited by enderdragon2025

[EPOXY]
Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,899 posts
13,522 battles

Your friend is trolling you

Alpha Tester
15 posts
521 battles

I see. However he seemed convinced. And a friend of this friend also said he received a notice and that we should start getting exited.

Oh well back to tanks. Should have known it was a joke. With the little peoples luck we wont see ships until 2017.

Alpha Tester
739 posts
54 battles

I had a good chuckle to this. I can in fact tell you no this is not true even if I'm not in the testing for WoWS they are still in alpha and would not skip doing CBT (Closed Beta Testing) for OBT (Open Beta Testing).

-Powerkilroy

Alpha Tester
15 posts
521 battles

Yah some research told me its still closed alpha.

Guess it wont do me any good asking if I can sigh up for closed alpha? Doesn't WG have to grill me or something?

BTW thanks for the sincere reply's. Guess this community isn't corrupt yet like some others I could point out.

Edited by MotherbrainJr

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,688 battles

Yah some research told me its still closed alpha.

Guess it wont do me any good asking if I can sigh up for closed alpha? Doesn't WG have to grill me or something?

BTW thanks for the sincere reply's. Guess this community isn't corrupt yet like some others I could point out.

Well this was the last wave basically, I think they said closed beta is around the end of the year, open beta probably mid to late spring, followed by the full release in summer.

take a shot at signing up for closed beta, and save up your exp for the full release! (that's what I'm doing anyway.)

Alpha Tester
15 posts
521 battles

Thanks. I'll give a app a shot.

Edit: seems there is no right/wrong way to apply and from what I've read an app comes to you just by being both an active Wots/ WoWPs player and

an active/ courteous member of the WoWs forum community. Guess I better start perking up my tanks stats.

You folks have fun. :honoring:

Edited by MotherbrainJr

Members, Alpha Tester
5,596 posts
628 battles

..........man people are starting to believe anything (not talking about you motherbrain) ......people should really look stuff up before they start telling other people something they THINK is true

Alpha Tester
582 posts
872 battles

Well this was the last wave basically, I think they said closed beta is around the end of the year, open beta probably mid to late spring, followed by the full release in summer.

take a shot at signing up for closed beta, and save up your exp for the full release! (that's what I'm doing anyway.)

Would skipping the first couple of tiers really be smart though in the beginning? I've skipped past the first few tiers in the new nations, France, Britain, China, and Japan, but I grinded my way up all the way to the top on the first 3 nations. The early grind really helped me learn how to play the game and I think that will be important to do in WoWS. you can practice using torpedoes right from the start after you unlock them on the starter ships. The early carriers might be scout focused, seeing as that's all the first carriers carried though they were basically seaplane tenders at that point, providing an excellent chance to really practice scouting. I would grind the lower tiers to get good at the game before it gets expensive to play.

[CLAND]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
102 posts
5,228 battles

I know I'm going to look like a complete idiot. But this is what happened to me.

First a friend of mine who's name I will not release told me on TeamSpeak that the World of Warships servers were taken down and that

OPEN beta was going to start on the 29th of August. OPEN as in ANYONE and not just Wargameings special 10k+ battle VIP baby's can download and play.

Sincerely. MB

I believe your friend was trolling you, WoWS isn't even close to open beta.........yet.

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

Never believe someone on TeamSpeak in a game bro, always exercise caution and doubt.

I have over 10k battles I wonder when my download is going to be done?

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,688 battles

Would skipping the first couple of tiers really be smart though in the beginning? I've skipped past the first few tiers in the new nations, France, Britain, China, and Japan, but I grinded my way up all the way to the top on the first 3 nations. The early grind really helped me learn how to play the game and I think that will be important to do in WoWS. you can practice using torpedoes right from the start after you unlock them on the starter ships. The early carriers might be scout focused, seeing as that's all the first carriers carried though they were basically seaplane tenders at that point, providing an excellent chance to really practice scouting. I would grind the lower tiers to get good at the game before it gets expensive to play.

I never said you had to spend it right away. Just have it there so when you think your good enough you have all you need.

Alpha Tester
1,354 posts
735 battles

The only date I saw on the forums so far was May 1, 2015. Wulf

• Cool 2

0 posts

The only date I saw on the forums so far was May 1, 2015. Wulf

Indeed,And it could be true,but it is rather unlikely. 

Alpha Tester
925 posts
872 battles

The beta must be closed in order for it to go into open beta. Closed beta has still yet to come

0 posts

The beta must be closed in order for it to go into open beta. Closed beta has still yet to come

Indeed,Its quite odd for a game like this to randomly skip a giant step in its development. 

Alpha Tester
3,187 posts
58 battles

OPEN as in ANYONE and not just Wargameings special 10k+ battle VIP baby's can download and play.

10k+ battle VIP baby's?  Really?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
152 posts
4,457 battles

Sincerely. MB

For starters your friend lied to you, and second get new friends and hopefully they're not from any kind of social media or elsewhere on the internet.

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

I am guessing the 8/29 date refers to limited public access at PAX this weekend in Seattle. If you have been watching the twitch stream they mention the lines to get into the WoWS public rooms they have. This is the situation where you check in your cellphone so you can't record any thing. I remember either hearing this on one of their twitch streams earlier in the month or reading it in one of the forums...

Banned
274 posts

I talked to the Devs of game while I was waiting in line for World of Warships test at Pax Prime today, there IS NO open beta and won't be till next year according to them.

0 posts

I talked to the Devs of game while I was waiting in line for World of Warships test at Pax Prime today, there IS NO open beta and won't be till next year according to them.

That is unlikely...open beta will happen,its a essential part of beta testing a game. 

Banned
274 posts

That is unlikely...open beta will happen,its a essential part of beta testing a game. 

Yes it will happen, but not this year according to them.