Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
centarina

my new BB :D

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I just got a small 3d printer and tested it out.  :D  not bad for FDM  (flow deposit machining)   .    I am going for yamato next  :trollface:

339rehw.jpg

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,592 battles

That is so cool. I'd love one to add to the trinkets I keep in my office at work.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I could make it 30% bigger and get better detail, but wanted to see how small I can get to.     about an hour to print that, so not horrid at 0.2mm resolution.    3d printer has become so much cheaper and more reliable now.   this one just worked out of box without much tweaking.  I was quite happy with it for 200 buck printer.  been testing for last 2 days.     some cool stuff to download and print off thingyverse. 

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

I could make it 30% bigger and get better detail, but wanted to see how small I can get to.     about an hour to print that, so not horrid at 0.2mm resolution.    3d printer has become so much cheaper and more reliable now.   this one just worked out of box without much tweaking.  I was quite happy with it for 200 buck printer.  been testing for last 2 days.     some cool stuff to download and print off thingyverse. 

That's very cool... what happened to the guns? Did they slump before they cooled?

I wonder if you could print them out as a block and then cut them...

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

i would probably lose....

30 hours...

Yeah, about 30 hours a week playing with that thing.

How much are the molds? Is it a mold? No clue... Whatever you use as a base for that model is I guess what I'm asking.

Regardless, that is cool as crap.

Edited by slak__

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

i can clean uip the gun a bit.  this was just printed.  the PLA  that I used is melted at 195 deg C   and deposited.   so  fine details that small is tough.  I may try printing the max size tomorrow.   I only have 120mmx120mmx120mm envelop, but ifI print diagonal, I can go quite a bit bigger.    better  3d printers use UV curable ink and they are much finer resolution.   didn't want to spent that much or mess with chemical.  

If you go to thingyverse, you can find premade models.   some of the ship models are not good for printing though.  too much detail.     so you take  a CAD drawing in STL format and literally print it out.   you can use this as mold to cast as well. 

Edited by centarina

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

well,  tried Yamato but even smaller and it is full ship including the hull.   I will try max size tomorrow if I get a chance.  (I have other things to print though that I really need for a project.   I have done enough fun print last 2 days though.

5zno13.jpg

Sign in to follow this