Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wyatt_DERP85

Gem of the German Cruiser line

Best German Cruiser  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Gem of the German Cruiser line

• Hermelin
    • Dresden
    • Kolberg
    • Karlshure
    • Konigsberg
    • Nurnberg
    • Yorck
    • Admiral Hipper
    • Roon
    • Hindenburg

52 comments in this topic

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

Which is your favorite German cruiser

My opinion of the tree: I hated it before the Konigsberg, liked the Yorck, Hipper and Roon, looking forward to the Hindenburg, just hope it doesn't go up in flames like the blimp!

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

The Konigsberg was a joy to play. The rear 360 degree turning turrets made it so easy to maneuver aggressively while still putting a high volume of fire down range. 

Beta Testers
541 posts
3,134 battles

Nurnberg is amazingly good, that 6s reload is no joke

But Roon might be the better one. 10s reload on 20.3s with that performance? mein got.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Konigsberg, hands-down, tier-for-tier the best of the line. Insanely good guns for t5, survivable, maneuverable, and 360-degree turret rotation for keeping metal going downrange as you dance. 

Nurnberg takes those same guns and increases the ROF, but unfortunately doesn't do much else to improve upon K-berg, so Nurnberg is much weaker compared to her tier 6 competitors than K-berg is to tier 5. The only reason I sold my K-berg was the MM changes; I got tired of being bottom-tier 75% of the time in her. If they ever revert back to the old MM for tier 5, I will buy her back in a heartbeat. 

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

The Konigsberg was great but I think I had the most fun in the Hipper in my grind so far. That may change when I get to the Hindenburg. 

Members
117 posts
7,738 battles

Königsberg was fun, don't get me wrong (in fact, it's the most fun I've had in any T5 cruiser), but I'm gonna have to go with the Hipper here as that's as far as I've progressed.  Undoubtedly this will change as I progress to the Roon and Hindenburg, but for now it's gotta be the Adm. Hipper.

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,783 posts
15,306 battles

There's no question that Hindenburg is the jewel of the line.

• Cool 1

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

There's no question that Hindenburg is the jewel of the line.

I sure hope so...only on Hipper now and I haven't found what I would consider a jewel yet.  I somehow manage occasional wins in Nürnberg and Hipper at least...

Members
10 posts

The Konisberg is love, the Konisberg is life. I think it's the strongest t5 cruiser in my admittedly limited experience(I don't have any of the Premium ships).  She combines everything so well and with her unique turret layout you can keep spitting fire on people as you flee for your life which I do a lot given I'm almost always bottom tier. 

edit: I'd like to amend my vote to the Scharnhorst. 

Edited by Munihausen

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
290 posts
40,723 battles
I love the Kberg, never did quite as well on the other ships up the line.  I did manage to grind all the way to the Hipper but still have not mastered how to survive many battles in the Nberg on up as well as I did with Kberg.  May just be better opponents and my lack of ability

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Pretty obvious which one I think qualifies best.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

Members
310 posts
2,647 battles

Honestly every ship above tier 4 was awesome. I voted hipper because I spent the most time with her. BUT I will always love my Yorck and I will see her back.

Tier 5 and 6 will also be bought back when I can/have to.

So far Roon is a gem to sail..

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

I like both Konigsburg and Nurnberg but I seem to do better with Nurnberg.

Members
164 posts
2,002 battles

Tie between Konigsburg and Hipper.

Konig managed to be great despite being bottom tier 90% of the time and was the big reward for enduring the Kolberg and Rhune.

But the Hipper is all-around great and is a nice change from the underpowered Nurn and the HE spammy Yorick.

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,115 battles

Karlsruhe!

Kidding.  That ship is trash.  The only ship I ever used Free XP to finish.  I just couldn't stand to play 5-10 more games in her to finish her.

Konigsberg.  Loved her.  AP is wicked, but if you expose your sides you shall pay.  The odd, offset rear turrets add a bit of style and charm.  I still have her in my port.

Yorck and Hipper.  Solid performers.  The grind through these ships does not feel like a grind at all.  I haven't advanced past Hipper, yet.

Edited by desmo_2

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
990 posts
9,588 battles

Hipper and Nurnberg are absolutely worthless.

Konigsberg and Yorck for me

MM can make life hard for the Hipper and Nurn, for sure. They're two of my absolute favorites, but certainly not without their flaws. 

I can't change my vote from the Hipper (That was the highest I had at the time.) but if I could, I think the Roon is the gem of the line. After spending significant time with both the Roon and Hindenberg, I enjoyed playing the former the most. Its the perfect combination of favorable matchmaking, because you still get to beat up on tier 7s and 8s quite often, and you really aren't out of place at tier 10. It has awesome AA so even pesky carriers arent an issue (especially if you spec for max AA. Holy moly.) Its gorgeous, has great firepower, access to permanent camo, I mean there's nothing about this ship I don't like. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the Hindenberg. I do more damage in him for sure, but I had more fun the Roon. 

Edited by Falls_USMC

[GC]
Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
5,173 battles

Königsberg was awesome (even considering I finished grinding it before they buffed the turrets to MLG standard), though I rarely play it these days because of the atrocious treatment of tier 5s in the current matchmaking. Still a keeper. Nürnberg felt like the same ship with worse MM and I didn't care for it, though I may buy it back some day because it was actually built and in my opinion is much easier on the eyes than its half sister K-berg. Yorck is okay. It gets the job done, but not going to keep it. Hipper should be fine, though I don't plan to keep that either because I have Prinz Eugen. Looking forward to Roon and especially Hindenburg.

K-berg is, for me, easily the highlight of the line so far, no question about it.

--Helms

Sign in to follow this