Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mystic_Lemur

Independent front and rear guns?

11 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
1,057 battles

Is there a way to aim the front and rear guns separately? Not at the same time obviously, but if I wanted to fire fore guns at something on one side of me, then while they're reloading switch over and fire at something on the other side without the first set trying to swing over there, too?

Members
168 posts
874 battles

No easy way to do this as far as I'm aware. There might be a mod, but I find that unlikely. It's difficult, but this kind of thing can be done with a combination of turning and aiming selectively. There's still a delay because the turrets are never exactly where you want them, I've only been able to occasionally pull it off with BBs. Cruisers reload too fast for it to really be efficient.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,120 battles

Played a lot of ships , none could do what you ask , on some Cruisers and definitely BBs the turret rotation is so slow that the front guns and back guns are at times facing opposite to each other by turning the ship hard ... huury up and wait

Any mod that would do what you ask , would get you banned if caught

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

As nice as it would be, the situation to which it is useful is extremely limited. Doesn't warrant implementation, some people can't even grasp the fundamentals of the game as it is anyway, and there is enough skill based mechanics.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,321 battles

There might be a mod, but I find that unlikely

I cannot even BEGIN to imagine the salt that would erupt if the player base as a whole found out someone was using a mod that allowed them to aim at two targets at once. You could drive from here to Tokyo, just like on the salt flats.

Members
417 posts
22 battles

i guess for a boat it's like rapping your stomach and pubbing your head at the same time, ahh i mean rubbing your stomach and patting you head! lol.

Edited by Fubuki_chan_

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

Remember the mantra:

Focused Fire

Focused Fire

Focused Fire

What's sauce for the squadron is sauce for the ship.

Members
3 posts
1,057 battles

Thanks guys. I know it would be a rare situation, but being in that situation is what got me wondering. Thanks for the quick and helpful replies. O7

[REALY]
Members
205 posts
2,045 battles

Actually, there is, in an extremely half-donkeyed way: some of the low tier ships, primarily the USN cruisers, don't have turrets in a line down the center of the ships. They have the guns in barbettes down each side, (like the St. Louis class). While this halves the effective number of guns you can bring to bear on any one target, if you're surrounded you can still attack two or more targets with a minimum of wait time. Not optimal, I know, but there you go.

Members
823 posts
561 battles

HA HA HA HA go back to war thunder.

Nope, wargaming doesn't add helpful features like that. It would be really easy to add in a 'lock ____ guns on bearing' feature but nope, gotta add more prems.

seriously. let us lock some of the turrets facing one way.

pls 

;_;

Sign in to follow this