You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JJDOU3D

Release Iwaki and Arkansas ships outside of Alpha and Beta tags

92 comments in this topic

Members
675 posts
3,957 battles

You could release Iwaki and Arkansas ships outside of Alpha and Beta tags. It would be fun premium ships to play.

• Cool 2

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

Won't happen. Ark Beta has Tier 10 module slots and Iwaki has tier 7/8 torpedoes. Only way they would ever sell them is if they heavily nerfed them, which wouldn't make anyone happy.

[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
9,349 battles

I'd riot.

Same. I like my elusive ship. 

(But I would trade it in a heartbeat for a Nikolai :trollface:)

• Cool 1

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

I'd riot.

You'd riot if I ate the last biscuit

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

No... because they would squee about no AA on the Ark B, call her a rag of a premium, so on and so forth. But the better answer is No. 

Just no Why?

Because it isn't about everybody having access to what everyone else has but rather about those who did their job to earn the ships. 

If you live on salt this isn't salt - think of it more like Tums. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
263 posts
2,620 battles

I have the Ark and I don't mind if other people get a crack at having it. No need to be a snob to people who joined later (just remove the Alpha/Beta tag). I would suggest using Alpha and Beta reward ships as event prizes though rather than normal premiums or they might become a little too common.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

WarGaming said they would be exclusive.

I believe WarGaming's word is good.

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

no let the seal clubbers be easily identified 

Shush you, I am not a seal clubber. *hides a club in turret  2 of ArkB.*
  • Cool 1

[B3ERS]
Beta Testers
813 posts
10,292 battles

These ships are exclusive to those who have been here from the start. I dont ask for the Iwaki, because I didnt run alpha testing. Do not ask for the Arkansas, if you didnt do beta.   These ships were earned, and we do NOT want our hard work just handed out.

• Cool 2

Members
726 posts
1,805 battles

I own neither, and I think it should stay that way. Why? Because the Alpha and Beta testers were just that: testers. They put a lot of time and effort into testing the game, finding as many bugs and balance problems as they could, and those ships were their reward, WG's way of patting them on the back and saying "Good job, thanks for all your hard work." Those ships were earned, and now you want to let any old Tom, Dyck and Harry have them? Not. On. Your. Life.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

You'd riot if I ate the last biscuit

..... So. Everyone likes a good riot.
  • Cool 1

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

These ships are exclusive to those who have been here from the start. I dont ask for the Iwaki, because I didnt run alpha testing. Do not ask for the Arkansas, if you didnt do beta.   These ships were earned, and we do NOT want our hard work just handed out.

Earned is a pretty bad word here, as you could just buy in to CBT.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I have neither. Would like both. But no, they should not release them to the general public. This game has tons of premiums, some of them should be exclusive like those two and my baby Flint.

Alpha Tester
1,247 posts
4,975 battles

Earned is a little strong as most of the people who were lucky enough to be around back then didn't do much in the way of actual testing or reporting. Most of what I remember is whining and complaining for more content. Alpha testers whined about weekend beta testers. Weekend beta testers whined about not being able to join alpha. Beta testers who earned their tag simply from being lucky enough to redeem a code complained about those who supported the development of the game financially and earned the privilege of doing so technically. The bar to achieve the alpha/beta ships was set pretty low, and even so I especially remember a lot of whining about the Iwaki and the Arkansas. That being said I'd rather those ships stayed exclusive. There would be some serious balance issues if released into the general population, but beyond that exclusivity should mean something. I don't begrudge those who are skilled or lucky enough to earn the Flint. I would love to get my hands on one (I really like the Atlanta) but if they ever started selling them in the premium shop I'd be fairly put out.

• Cool 1

[B3ERS]
Beta Testers
813 posts
10,292 battles

Earned is a little strong as most of the people who were lucky enough to be around back then didn't do much in the way of actual testing or reporting. Most of what I remember is whining and complaining for more content. Alpha testers whined about weekend beta testers. Weekend beta testers whined about not being able to join alpha. Beta testers who earned their tag simply from being lucky enough to redeem a code complained about those who supported the development of the game financially and earned the privilege of doing so technically. The bar to achieve the alpha/beta ships was set pretty low, and even so I especially remember a lot of whining about the Iwaki and the Arkansas. That being said I'd rather those ships stayed exclusive. There would be some serious balance issues if released into the general population, but beyond that exclusivity should mean something. I don't begrudge those who are skilled or lucky enough to earn the Flint. I would love to get my hands on one (I really like the Atlanta) but if they ever started selling them in the premium shop I'd be fairly put out.

This is very well said. I was one who got a code( once I decided I liked the game, the Gremyachy joined my port.) But the Arkansas and Iwaki are reward ships, a thank you from wargaming for doing testing. even if people didnt comment on the forums, the Data they provided by playing gave Devs info they needed to improve. 
  • Cool 1

[PZM]
Beta Testers
44 posts
7,056 battles

They should stay as Exclusive ships, i love seeing another Arkansas Beta out in the wild, doesnt happen very often but when it does its nice to know they were in the beta too

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles

The only way that would ever happen is if non-Alpha and Beta versions that lost the unique advantages were made.

A regular Arkansas without the extra upgrade slots would just be Wyoming with worse dispersion and no AA. Who would want to buy that premium?

A regular Iwaki would lose out on the T5 and T6 upgrade slots, have Yuubari's torps and probably no smoke. Basically Yuubari with worse gun layout and half the AA. And not pretty like Yuubari. Again, doesn't seem like a big seller in the making.

Members
675 posts
3,957 battles

Guys, this is the same guy who wants the Nikolai.  Don't feed him.

Huh don't feed me? Why is it forbidden to express customer ideas?

Members
675 posts
3,957 battles

The only way that would ever happen is if non-Alpha and Beta versions that lost the unique advantages were made.

A regular Arkansas without the extra upgrade slots would just be Wyoming with worse dispersion and no AA. Who would want to buy that premium?

A regular Iwaki would lose out on the T5 and T6 upgrade slots, have Yuubari's torps and probably no smoke. Basically Yuubari with worse gun layout and half the AA. And not pretty like Yuubari. Again, doesn't seem like a big seller in the making.

So be it then. But they would surely add some unique things too on them, but different than beta and alpha tags ones.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

man i tried for MONTHS on end to get into alpha testing... lucky those who got the code... as they say, chaffed my jimmies it did. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
263 posts
2,620 battles

Playing computer games isn't really "hard work"... :facepalm: