Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

T6 CVs

19 comments in this topic

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

Can we PLEASE not see T8 games? I just hate when even a BB can safely ignore a full strike package from my Indy. My planes just can't stand up to T8 AA on anything but DDs. It just ends up being a waste of a game and 15 min or so.

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,161 battles

Can we PLEASE not see T8 games? I just hate when even a BB can safely ignore a full strike package from my Indy. My planes just can't stand up to T8 AA on anything but DDs. It just ends up being a waste of a game and 15 min or so.

You're trying to hard and getting wiped out too fast. I'd worry more about keeping your squadrons intact until later in the game. Stay alive, spot enemy DDs, as well as other enemy ships, and defeat the snipe the other CV driver will likely try. You'll matter later in the game. Of course; if your team can't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle, you're screwed no matter what tier CV you have.

Sure...as soon as the rest of us get an option to never see a strike CV in our games...

Yeah,,, CVs got it so easy... insane AA, Defensive fire out the wazzo, float fighters wiping out whole squadrons, strfe by enemy CV drivers, and did I mention AA? Oh; there's also drivers who know what WASD is for...

T6 CVs

are in a really bad place right now

If you say so; Yeah, I've had my tushy kicked hard in up-tiered games; but there's also been games in my Indy or Ryujo where the Ranger, Hiryu, Lexington or Shokaku died like a dog, and my poor little T6 CV survived the match and even contributed a decent share of damage to the enemy.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

You're trying to hard and getting wiped out too fast. I'd worry more about keeping your squadrons intact until later in the game. Stay alive, spot enemy DDs, as well as other enemy ships, and defeat the snipe the other CV driver will likely try. You'll matter later in the game. Of course; if your team can't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle, you're screwed no matter what tier CV you have.

Yeah,,, CVs got it so easy... insane AA, Defensive fire out the wazzo, float fighters wiping out whole squadrons, strfe by enemy CV drivers, and did I mention AA? Oh; there's also drivers who know what WASD is for...

If you say so; Yeah, I've had my tushy kicked hard in up-tiered games; but there's also been games in my Indy or Ryujo where the Ranger, Hiryu, Lexington or Shokaku died like a dog, and my poor little T6 CV survived the match and even contributed a decent share of damage to the enemy.

nWhgmyI.jpg

That was a 160k dmg game, thanks.

Let's take a look at these problems CVs supposedly have, shall we?

- Defensive fire is easy to outplay by simply moving the planes away and counting to 40. But I guess 40 is kinda a big number for some people to count to.

- Obscene amounts of AA is, again, not super common. You run into absurd AA about as much as a CA stumbles into a BB fest, or a BB stumbles into a DD fest. The ships with really strong natural AA, Hindenburg, Des Moine, T9/10 USN BBs, aren't super common.

- Float fighters don't wipe out whole squadrons. I've never lost a whole squadron to a float fighter. To the AA of the ship the float fighter is on, sure, but why the hell are you sending planes into the AA bubbles of an AA cruiser, or BB? I mean, it's possible, but you've have to be absurdly unlucky.

- AA. Yes, you mentioned AA. It's not nearly as bad as you're whining about

- WASD except, unlike a BB, CA, or DD dealing with 10 second lead times, yu only need to deal with 4-5. Yay!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,259 posts
6,287 battles

Sure...as soon as the rest of us get an option to never see a strike CV in our games...

And you can have that option when the rest of us get an option to never see a BB in our games...

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

It's not the best...just had a game today where I couldn't do much except watch my team cave while I floated around looking for an opening, but it doesn't happen every game.

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,161 battles

nWhgmyI.jpg

That was a 160k dmg game, thanks.

You're playing with a ship and at a level I refuse to touch. I respect that you do and are so successful at it.

Let's take a look at these problems CVs supposedly have, shall we?

- Defensive fire is easy to outplay by simply moving the planes away and counting to 40. But I guess 40 is kinda a big number for some people to count to.

- Obscene amounts of AA is, again, not super common. You run into absurd AA about as much as a CA stumbles into a BB fest, or a BB stumbles into a DD fest. The ships with really strong natural AA, Hindenburg, Des Moine, T9/10 USN BBs, aren't super common.

- Float fighters don't wipe out whole squadrons. I've never lost a whole squadron to a float fighter. To the AA of the ship the float fighter is on, sure, but why the hell are you sending planes into the AA bubbles of an AA cruiser, or BB? I mean, it's possible, but you've have to be absurdly unlucky.

- AA. Yes, you mentioned AA. It's not nearly as bad as you're whining about

- WASD except, unlike a BB, CA, or DD dealing with 10 second lead times, yu only need to deal with 4-5. Yay!

Not much caring how good someone is, it isn't a licence for a snotty attitude. Unfortunately such is one of the greastest disappointments that usually colors performance results that are otherwise worthty of admiration and respect.

In a Tier 6 CV in an uptiered game, pretty much everything higher tier you'll encounter has absurd levels of AA; (with the possible exception of destroyers, but sometimes not even then,) if not as a matter of amount, then as a matter of DF.

Won't argue about the float fighter, there are certainly times I should have known better; but sending a fighter squad to kill a SINGLE float fighter and they die and the slow, unmanuverable, barge of a float fighter doesn't? Arcade game or not; to he** with that noise.

So glad RNG loves some players as it relates to AA vs their aircraft, apparently I am not one of those.

Also must be nice to so easily be able to predict the course of enemy ships; sure must be great to just fly in and stack drop torps into a target like it's no big deal.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

CVs with how AA scales shouldn't see anything beyond 1 tier higher than them.  And this is coming from someone who likes battleships the most...  

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

And you can have that option when the rest of us get an option to never see a BB in our games...

*looks at Zao with 18pt captain*...I think we have a deal! :trollface:

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

*looks at Zao with 18pt captain*...I think we have a deal! :trollface:

i dunno, BBs burn so good.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Just think about it - flip the switch and you can abuse Underage Boats ™ all day long! :)

lewd

Beta Testers
1,661 posts
7,501 battles

Won't argue about the float fighter, there are certainly times I should have known better; but sending a fighter squad to kill a SINGLE float fighter and they die and the slow, unmanuverable, barge of a float fighter doesn't? Arcade game or not; to he** with that noise.

issm lost that game just to point that out. Losing means nothing. Anyways to correct your statement. No, they've actually removed the speed from floatplanes in the game UI. Reason being is to buff BB players. They now can move as fast as t10 fighters and are a tier above the ship they are usually on. I.E. a t9 ship will have a t10 float plane. When I've watched floatplanes outpace my t8 fighters to intercept bombers on the attack, I know they've made them ashistorically fast.

Sign in to follow this