Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grampy2015

KamikazeR & Fujim

18 comments in this topic

[CANUK]
Members
164 posts
36,341 battles

Has anyone seen, read or heard what is happening to these two premium ships once the IJN tree split happens.  I am so hoping that they don't touch either but am worried that they will some how join the Minekaze.  Please say they will stay as is....please please please.  

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but with the search engine in WoW forums being so bad, I've not seen the answer, and I have read alot of the forum post, but if answered in another, then I missed it.

Thanks....

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

They stay the same.

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
Members
2,845 posts
11,099 battles

ruel of thumb prem ships wont be nerfed unless its a global nerf or buff 

so no it wont change 

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

ruel of thumb prem ships wont be nerfed unless its a global nerf or buff 

so no it wont change 

They dodge global nerfs too, but they do get global buffed.

They don't dodge recalculations such as the case with the AA recalculation, or the armor recalculation with Tirpitz/Bismarck.

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts

They will be fine, the Minekaze on the other hand will become worthless.

DbPO61l.gif

For as much as people argue to avoid being caught out as having made a mistake, some people really like setting themselves up for having their errors pointed out.

For example, by "worthless" ckupf mean that it's no longer the "optimal" choice.  And if something is not optimal, he's mistaking it for no longer being "viable" either.  The change in question to the Minekaze is to swap out her current torpedoes (14,400 damage, 68 knot speed, 7km range, 1.4km detection range) for those used by the stock Isokaze (10,833 damage, 57 knot speed, 7km range, 1.2km detection range).  The reload will drop from 47s down to 42s.

As most of the Minekaze's performance has been long linked to the baby seals she clubs, the change in torpedoes is not going to hurt her too much.  In short, she'll survive.  But if you prefer superlatives and drama in your life.  Yes.  She's "worthless".  You can tell everyone ckupf said so.

• Cool 1

Members
3,530 posts
14,291 battles

TBH I really like Minekaze.  I've done a lot in that little boat.  There's worthless, there is uninteresting and not competitive.  I believe she falls into the last two for most situations.

I have zero interest in playing her when I have Kamikaze R and Fujin readily available.  If I didnt I would probably be using the new Fubuki. 

It's a shame that the torps she is getting are about the same speed as the old 10km torps that WG took away entirely.  Those torps were a life line if caught by a US or VMF DD.  With her 57 knot torps I know she will not see another ranked battle with me.  In ranked she is now IMO worthless as her tops are going to be much easier for other DDs to avoid, and its not like she's going to gun them down either.

[WHIT]
Beta Testers
347 posts
35,308 battles

As most of the Minekaze's performance has been long linked to the baby seals she clubs, the change in torpedoes is not going to hurt her too much.  In short, she'll survive.  But if you prefer superlatives and drama in your life.  Yes.  She's "worthless".  You can tell everyone ckupf said so.

So well said, OMG thank you

Where can I find your books ;)

So much drama about OP DD becoming .... well little less OP DD. OMG the world is going to end.

Not to mention so many prem/special copies to choose from if you really must have the original stats. Well then buy it.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

DbPO61l.gif

For as much as people argue to avoid being caught out as having made a mistake, some people really like setting themselves up for having their errors pointed out.

For example, by "worthless" ckupf mean that it's no longer the "optimal" choice.  And if something is not optimal, he's mistaking it for no longer being "viable" either.  The change in question to the Minekaze is to swap out her current torpedoes (14,400 damage, 68 knot speed, 7km range, 1.4km detection range) for those used by the stock Isokaze (10,833 damage, 57 knot speed, 7km range, 1.2km detection range).  The reload will drop from 47s down to 42s.

he ment to say Isokaze will now be worthless:trollface:

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

he ment to say Isokaze will now be worthless:trollface:

Isokaze will be killed. 12 second reload on guns (+2 seconds over the current 10 seconds), slower torps, less damage. Meh.

Minekaze will have 42 second reload before skills. That is pretty quick, you will reload before your first set gets to target. I think it will be fine.

Beta Testers
207 posts
7,727 battles

Not to be mean Mouse, because I do generally like your posts, but you're really playing wording technicalities here, since while "worthless" may have been an exaggeration by that poster, it's not actually that far off. Worst destroyers of their tier now is fully accurate. And WG agrees!

Or, in more concrete terms, here are the stats of the Type 6 torpedo that was removed from Wakatake because, in WG's own words, "Players were required to research and purchase this module for further leveling up. However, this module has not provided any substantial increase in the ship's battle performance."

Now, what are the stats of the Type 6? Well...

-Reload Time: 42 seconds

-Max. Damage: 10833

-Range: 7 km

-Speed: 57 kts

If those stats look awfully familiar, it might be because those are the exact stats they're converting the Type 92s into. So a T4 and T5 ship that are supposedly focused - and with WG also nerfing Isokaze's already crap guns, attempting to enforce said focus - on torpedoes are being forced to use a torpedo that supposedly caused no performance increase for the damn T3. Meanwhile, 7/10 other ships carrying torpedoes at those tiers, Kuma, Svietlana and Izyaslav being the exceptions - all at T4, which does mean Minekaze flat out has the lowest torpedo damage at its tier - outdamage them, some to a significant extent (Gnevy's torpedoes do the same damage that the Type 92s currently do).

So is it still possible to accomplish anything with them? Sure, but I can accomplish things with a Myogi as well, which doesn't magically make that ship not the worst battleship of its tier. And it's not like this is going to stop seal clubbers, since many of them likely have a Kamikaze or Fujin.

• Cool 2

[SONUM]
Beta Testers
577 posts
3,843 battles

Not to be mean Mouse, because I do generally like your posts, but you're really playing wording technicalities here, since while "worthless" may have been an exaggeration by that poster, it's not actually that far off. Worst destroyers of their tier now is fully accurate. And WG agrees!

Or, in more concrete terms, here are the stats of the Type 6 torpedo that was removed from Wakatake because, in WG's own words, "Players were required to research and purchase this module for further leveling up. However, this module has not provided any substantial increase in the ship's battle performance."

Now, what are the stats of the Type 6? Well...

-Reload Time: 42 seconds

-Max. Damage: 10833

-Range: 7 km

-Speed: 57 kts

If those stats look awfully familiar, it might be because those are the exact stats they're converting the Type 92s into. So a T4 and T5 ship that are supposedly focused - and with WG also nerfing Isokaze's already crap guns, attempting to enforce said focus - on torpedoes are being forced to use a torpedo that supposedly caused no performance increase for the damn T3. Meanwhile, 7/10 other ships carrying torpedoes at those tiers, Kuma, Svietlana and Izyaslav being the exceptions - all at T4, which does mean Minekaze flat out has the lowest torpedo damage at its tier - outdamage them, some to a significant extent (Gnevy's torpedoes do the same damage that the Type 92s currently do).

So is it still possible to accomplish anything with them? Sure, but I can accomplish things with a Myogi as well, which doesn't magically make that ship not the worst battleship of its tier. And it's not like this is going to stop seal clubbers, since many of them likely have a Kamikaze or Fujin.

This.  Have Fujin and Kamikaze R.  Won't be buying back the worthless Kagerou or playing any of the IJN DD's without good torps.  My IJN DD captain's souls are going straight to seal-clubbing hell and they'll like it.

[CVA16]
Members
8,890 posts
27,128 battles

The Minekaze may not be worthless, but it certainly will be worth less than it currently is and worth less than pretty much all the other options a player can take.

The Iso will be approaching the worthless (least competitive) moniker.

[GC]
Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
5,173 battles

DbPO61l.gif

Savage.

Minekaze has been the queen of tier 5 for a long time, and frankly it's about time she was brought in line with the other destroyers at that tier. The torpedoes were simply far too good and when you combined them with the speed and stealth of the platform, the whole package was borderline overpowered. But I hardly think the change is going to make Minekaze useless. Far from it. It'll simply be less game-breaking. Kamikaze (to include R) and Fujin, on the other hand... well, let's just say that, like Gremyashchy, the premium Minekaze clones are going to remain seal-clubbing ships par excellence.

I just hope Mutsuki is more comfy at tier 5 and Fubuki isn't the new dog of the line.

--Helms

[-FINS]
Members
363 posts
16,877 battles

I mean the Kami R and Fujin are great and all, but they like the Minekaze got hurt  by the MM changes more than the other DD's it felt like.  Especially with the introduction of RN CL's and German BB's having Hydro and the Belfast having radar, it made them fall in line a little bit more.  Personally there enough Hydro in the game to revert the nerfs to IJN torpedo detection in higher tiers and leave the speeds the same for lower tiers.  German BB's have it, RN CL's have it, German CL's/CA's have it, and it is expected that the German DD's will have it.  It is almost impossible to play a game with the Kami R without running into at least one Belfast or Scharn let alone a murder of RN CL's.

The 14k damage was a little high, but the speed seemed fine.  The speed is kinda what made them useful.  10 knots is a lot.  Especially if you think about how big 10 knots is in other aspects of the game.  10 knots in plane speed would allow you fly through AA much faster or make your plane unable to fly away from anything, if plane dropped torpedoes could go 10 knots faster the IJN TB would become the most over powered thing and if they were 10 knots slower they would actually kill the CV, if US BB's could go 10 knots faster they would be ungodly powerful, even though this is like comparing lemons to oranges or some other citrus fruit, the point still stands that 10 knots is a little much.  I would have preferred if they redid the torps completely and brought out new modified versions of the torps rather than just completely down tiering (or uptiering technically?) the existing torps.

The Minekaze and all of its premium sister will be fine maybe not a strong but fine.  Although it kind of worries me about the direction they are taking the IJN DD's or even DD's in general especially with the upcoming German DD's.  It also makes me curious where these nerfs are coming from.  They say they pull data from all the servers and I can't imagine that these DD's were strong in all of the regions especially with the introduction of the RN CL's.

Edited by AhosChaos
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this