You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Goals

51 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

I find I play better and have more fun when I've set myself a goal. Especially when it's an achievable one. Like getting to the next stage of a multi-stage mission. Or getting another 10k XP on a tech tree ship I struggle with. Or getting to the next rounded 5m credits. Or getting to the next x-thousand in average damage.

Small goals, achievable goals.

Currently my goal is getting rid of the green in my sig.

Do you have goals? Do your goals motivate you?

• Cool 1

Members
6,889 posts
14,881 battles

I just want to finish a game in teh top 5 and do more than server average damage.  I would like to win more - 1 for 8 earlier today.

Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

Yes I set goals that I can reasonable accomplish in a certain amount of time. We current goal is to break 1300 wtr. :)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

current goal is to break 1300 wtr. :)

Looks to me like you're there, mate. :)

[ANZ4C]
Alpha Tester
325 posts
9,480 battles

My last goal was to equal or exceed my previous (S4) ranked placement using a ship I had never played before (Benson). The idea was to push myself to learn how to play the USN DDs effectively, and get to rank 1 only if the season wasn't wearing thin. Unfortuantely I didn't rank out because I made the concious decision to stop at the point where challenge became suffering, but my win rate in the Benson improved to 55% my average damage stabilised at 40k, and my K/D was 1.5.

Next goal is to learn to play the RN CLs effectively. I feel I've got the Leander and Belfast down par, so it's tme to push onwards to the Minotaur (skipping Fiji because of Belfast, and Neptune because I can)

Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

Looks to me like you're there, mate. :)

Yeah happened yesterday, so now I need a new goal. Haven't decided what it will be. It was just interesting you made this thread right as I completed my last goal. :)

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

To find the niche that suits me or find the vessel that really speaks to me. To learn how good I truly am by trying different ships and different factions.To learn when its a good time to bunker down or get out. To at least make two crates a day in hopes I get a super container. To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before. 

Its an ongoing experience. I like the idea of being able to stay nose forward and still make use of all your fire power, like the Dunkerque, but that doesn't sound like an effective use of a ship for the most part. 

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

When I get bored of grinding ship lines, I go into my ship statistics and try to improve those ships that have a bad WR or WTR/PR rating.

It's a real challenge trying to succeed in those ships you know don't jive with you like the rest, but worth it when you can find that magic.

[STW]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
10,616 battles

I usually set damage goals on a per match basis slightly higher then my own average.  For example, my damage goal in the kongo is 70k damage per match with at least 1 kill per battle.  After that is achieved it will be either 75k or 80k.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,115 posts
7,282 battles

My goal is to get rid of the Blue in my sig. Just Winrate to go now :D

I also plan on getting every ship in the game (In my port). I've got 7 Tier 10s ATM, and the rest of the lines at tier 8 so starting to get there...

Members
5,450 posts
21,054 battles

430k free exp and I'm out of flags. zzzz

230 Free xp and I still have Papa Papa flags. Embrace the grind....zzzzzzzz

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

I want the line in my description on warships today to say "Deals large amount of damage" instead of "above average".

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Have fun.

Get Better.

Put Torpedoes into Red ships whether WG wants me to or not :trollface:

Edited by slak__
  • Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
2,109 posts
10,709 battles

To get the last 36k XP so I can buy the Bismarck. I've got enough free XP to get it, but I want to get it with the "grind".

That said, I love Gneisenau and will not sell her. My win rate in her is crap but my average damage is well above server average. Fun ship to play, especially with AA spec.. she's a no-fly zone.

B

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

My goal is to get Kitakami Minotaur and Montana, a goal which by many is considered unachievable a mistake.

E: Edited realistic goals into the post.

Though, WG hit me up with a kitkat.

Edited by IKU19

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,648 battles

I set my goal recently to improving my play and WR at tiers eight and nine (and eventually ten) so if I decide to get involved with clans and competitive play I won't be lost with tomato sauce all over my stats. I just hit over 55% at tier eight and purchased an Iowa and Fletcher this weekend so I can start focusing on tier nine. 

Strangely this has made me dislike mid-tier game play, tier five, six and even seven are starting to feel like a chore. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,323 posts
23,687 battles

My current goal is to grind out the free xp for the Missouri.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

My goal is a goal that shall not be said because the goal is a goal that is close to me because it's such a great goal that when I surprise people with the goals completion it will be great!

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,321 battles

My goal is a goal that shall not be said because the goal is a goal that is close to me because it's such a great goal that when I surprise people with the goals completion it will be great!

But will you be able to tell anyone?

My goal is to find out what the heck WTR means.

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

I'm with the guy who said he wants to find the ship he enjoys.  When it no longer feels like work to play, I'll know I'm there. Long term, play USN successfully, no matter how mediocre the ships.  Mid term, 1300 WTR - natural, not seal clubbing.  Short term, I lack direction. I'd like to have a tier X, but I cannot seem to pick a line...that's probably more of a long term goal.  Learn to pay CV...but that's not active...already too much to do just searching for "the one."