You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rommel_41

Flint ever going to be in store?

49 comments in this topic

[RTR]
Beta Testers
306 posts
2,168 battles

As the title says. 

It's really the only premium I'm looking to buy, but, because it's a reward ship, I think it will never be made available for any type of regular purchase.

Am I likely right? I hope not, but it seems like it won't ever be. 

Thanks. 

Beta Testers
57 posts
9,534 battles

Flint will not be sold. It is meant to be a reward ship for reaching rank 1 three times and nothing more. Quite frankly it is a strong ship, bordering on the edge of being overpowered. I prefer that it not be sold. 

Edited by PotatoSquad
  • Cool 1

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Flint will not be sold. It is meant to be a reward ship for reaching rank 1 three times and nothing more. Quite frankly it is a strong ship, bordering on the edge of being overpowered. I prefer that it not be sold. 

It's not even remotely close to being OP - just an Atlanta with one less turret, smoke instead of radar, and Benson's torps.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,992 battles

The only case I could see for it being sold is after 3 further seasons of Ranked, when the current reward ship changes. So, since it was first offered for 3 rank-outs in Season 4, that would be Season 7.

Beta Testers
1,466 posts
7,080 battles

The only case I could see for it being sold is after 3 further seasons of Ranked, when the current reward ship changes. So, since it was first offered for 3 rank-outs in Season 4, that would be Season 7.

not gonna happen. have you ever seen a reward tank from cw in wot being sold? didnt think so

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

The Flint will not be for sail, she is a reward ship that people had to work hard for. It would be a insult from WG to ever give/sell it to someone who doesn't earn her through Ranked.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
57 posts
9,534 battles

It's not even remotely close to being OP - just an Atlanta with one less turret, smoke instead of radar, and Benson's torps.

It takes all the strengths of Atlanta while negating all the weaknesses. The smoke is absurd, giving plenty of puff time and it stays on the field for a long time. The fact that it also gets Benson torps makes this ship a nightmare to push against. That said, I stated that it's bordering on the edge of overpowered. While it is ridiculously strong, I agree that it isn't overpowered. 

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

Yes ... and that's the reason why she's OP as sh**. Smoke, a withering rate of fire, and long range hard hitting torps. And top of that, despite losing a couple of 127mm turrets, she's actually got better AA than the Atlanta. The only ship in the game that's more OP than her, tier for tier, is the Nikolai.

To answer the original question, no, she'll never ever be sold. She's a reward ship for laboriously grinding to rank 1 *three times*. It's basically the devs saying "Poor guy ... you actually endured that torture three whole times? Wow. Here, have an OP ship to make it all seem worth it."

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,942 battles

what sense it would make launching a ship with the sole purpose of being a reward and then selling it later?

I give you the ---- Kamikaze R
  • Cool 1

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

It takes all the strengths of Atlanta while negating all the weaknesses. The smoke is absurd, giving plenty of puff time and it stays on the field for a long time. The fact that it also gets Benson torps makes this ship a nightmare to push against. That said, I stated that it's bordering on the edge of overpowered. While it is ridiculously strong, I agree that it isn't overpowered. 

Atlanta's main weakness is lack of range, and Flint shares it. Why push when you can simply sail out of range and wait for that smoke to disappear. If you think about it, Benson itself is a much better ship for that sort of game play, aside from AA duties.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Kami being sold was part of the reward - it required us to get certain amount of pearls server-wide.

Beta Testers
1,466 posts
7,080 battles

was the kamikaze a reward ship for skilled players due to the lack of a clan wars system like wot? or was just an EVENT reward ship?

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,942 battles

Kami being sold was part of the reward - it required us to get certain amount of pearls server-wide.

I didn't pay a dime for mine, but she showed in the shop long after the even was over so anyone could buy it.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Let's think about it this way.  The other cruisers with smoke have one or more of the following:

1. Enormous size/detection range

2. Poor armor even among cruisers

3. No HE

4. No torpedoes

Edited by TenguBlade

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

I didn't pay a dime for mine, but she showed in the shop long after the even was over so anyone could buy it.

Not long after, right after the event. The deal was that every player who gets certain amount of pearls gets Kami for free, and on top of that if server as a whole gets certain amount, Kami shows up in the shop for a limited time. The sale was a reward for one of the milestones.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
72 posts
17,214 battles

A few months ago on Reddit, Quemapablos said that Flint would remain a reward-only ship for now. I believe that he also said WG was nervous about selling Kamikaze R again, since she was also a reward ship (although they did briefly offer her for sale right after Project R). I will try to find the link.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Let's think about it this way.  The other cruisers with smoke have one or more of the following:

1. Enormous size/detection range

2. Poor armor even among cruisers

3. No HE

4. No torpedoes

Flint doesn't have good armor either, and if you exclude that point, then Kutuzov doesn't fit into your list.

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,942 battles

pretty sure they did not say anything about it being for sale in the shop while the event was going on, (looking at the Project R news letter from back in Jan. right now) they did change the event while it was happening tho since they were just going to give out raffle tickets if you got 150 pearls to everyone who got 150 would get one, they put her on sale for 30 bucks in the shop a month after the event was over, so yes..they have sold "reward" ships in the shop so people who cant finish the event can have them, that being said, No, I do not want to see the Flint sold in the shop, I also don't think its that OP since there are plenty of cruisers out there now that have smoke, with radar and improved sonar she is not that hard to kill.

[RTR]
Beta Testers
306 posts
2,168 battles

I was willing to pay the 400 if it included the Flint. Sadly, I had to spend it elsewhere.

I still have my fingers crossed. WG had a tendency to sell ships/tanks once power-creep and complete trees have relegated some to the rafters. I'd trade any premium or even pay absurd amounts for it, but if it's so precious (as I had expected for my Prinz Eugen) that it's not to fall into the hands of the "average", I guess I'll enjoy the ships I have, buy the Graf Spee once she is made available, then I save my money.

I'll trade my Type-59 for a Flint, if it's ever possible. I love my Atlanta and desperately want the Flint, but just don't have the time to fail my way to 1st-rank 3 times. Not that I'd have to fail, just don't have the time either way.

Can we make the reward ship something absurdly OP and Russian or Japanese so I won't feel sad that I can't get it?

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

Something people should get in their heads about Wargaming..."In all things, follow the money trail". If WG wants to beef up the cash flow for some reason, ANYTHING that isn't normally sold can be put on sale. And they can ask just about any price they want for it. They really don't care if their customers piss and moan. I thought people would get that message with that $400 package deal that is still going on. They may give it a different camo and/or tweak something to make it not identical to what they said wouldn't be sold. But pretty much everything in WG has a price tag on it...or will eventually.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Flint doesn't have good armor either, and if you exclude that point, then Kutuzov doesn't fit into your list.

You would be right, barring the ship's 14.1km spotting range (the largest of its tier), extremely long hull, and mediocre to poor handling.  The range and ballistics mean those are hardly a problem anyways, but I did not forget about Kutuzov's physical weaknesses when making that list, even if they make little de facto difference.