You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
goldeagle1123

Another anime figure showoff thread.

34 comments in this topic

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

Miscellaneous spam of figures around my house. I'm much too lazy to write up the stories behind stuff.

20161127_130223.jpg

20161127_130423.jpg

IMG_3060%20-%20Copy.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

IMG_6370.JPG

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3310.jpg

OP does remind me to do a full photo set on Racing Miku 2015, though.

Alter Minami Kotori

NendoPetit — KanColle pt. 1

NendoPetit — KanColle pt. 2

Edited by Cruiser_Louisville

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I never tried to collect those kind of figures yet. But when I do, it gonna to be a mix of anime and mlp.

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

I never tried to collect those kind of figures yet. But when I do, it gonna to be a mix of anime and mlp.

Genuine curiosity: Just how high quality do MLP figures get, anyway? I've never delved into that area of fandom.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Genuine curiosity: Just how high quality do MLP figures get, anyway? I've never delved into that area of fandom.

Depand where you look, a great deal of artists on Deviantart does this by hand as commissions for those that paid money. I'm planning to request one from this artist when i get enough money one day. Apple Jack Sculpture2

Members
270 posts
284 battles

Miscellaneous spam of figures around my house. I'm much too lazy to write up the stories behind stuff.

*snip*

Idle curiosity...mostly...why three Kitakamis?

Beta Testers
260 posts
7,008 battles

Some of the figures i own.

Macross VF1-A With Super Pack

20161127_1926461.jpg

Macross Zero SV 51 Mass Production Version with Booster Pack.

20161127_193824.jpg

Macross VF1S Roy Focker version with a VE1 Elintseeker next to it.

20161127_192702.jpg

Saber Nero Bride version.

20161127_1927151.jpg

And i am awaiting for this one to arrive.

13055450_528101580648205_382506216855674

-Members-
1,117 posts
3,733 battles

Why get these? Is it really worth having people see you buy dolls?

​There's a difference between PVC figures and "dolls".

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Why get these? Is it really worth having people see you buy dolls?

I don't care what other people think. It's what makes me happy, and that's all that matters to me. If someone has a problem with the hobby I have, that's their problem, not mine.
  • Cool 3

Members
417 posts
22 battles

I don't care what other people think. It's what makes me happy, and that's all that matters to me. If someone has a problem with the hobby I have, that's their problem, not mine.

oh i see. but well, why do you want these tho? like, do you play with them like they are barbies? Sorry i just curious!

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

oh i see. but well, why do you want these tho? like, do you play with them like they are barbies? Sorry i just curious!

Barbies are cheaper and less detailed because they're made as toys to be played with. These anime models are something different. Such detailed models are more for display. Its kinda like tank, ship, aircraft and car models that people collect, paint and display on a shelf.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Do I need a reason to like them? Also, it comes off as pretty demeaning when you compare something I buy, intended for display and appreciation, to something that young girls play with. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you're not in this thread just to troll.
Edited by goldeagle1123

Members
392 posts
10,298 battles

2UKx95m.jpg

oTEZq3S.jpg

I picked these figurines up recently.  First picture is action figures of nanoha and fate while the second picture is that elusive nadeko medusa I kept trying to find.  

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
685 posts
2,892 battles

Man, that Kotori figure and the new Honoka one that's part of the same set are such gorgeous figures quality-wise but I absolutely hate the costumes.  If they ever release a figure of the magician Kotori from School Idol Festival I will preorder that as fast as my internet connection allows.

I found that NendoPetit Kancolle set myself at a convention dealer.  Told him I was interested, he asked which one I wanted, and seemed somewhat surprised when I said, "uh, all of them". :teethhappy:  (I normally don't buy Nendos of any kind at conventions because there is a huge bootleg market for them but I know this dealer to be a legit one that actively campaigns for stores that sell bootlegs to be banned from local cons.)

Are you able to read that book that came with your Nendos btw?  I'm quite curious about that female admiral drawn by Kurehito Misaki but I have no ability to read Japanese beyond very basic phrases in Hiragana.  

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

Idle curiosity...mostly...why three Kitakamis?

One to launch torpedoes, one to pull her Captain Morgan pose, and one to lewdly hold hands with Ooi. I also have her figma and her Scale figure. ... Funny enough, she's not really my favorite Kanmusu, per se.

Man, that Kotori figure and the new Honoka one that's part of the same set are such gorgeous figures quality-wise but I absolutely hate the costumes.  If they ever release a figure of the magician Kotori from School Idol Festival I will preorder that as fast as my internet connection allows.

I found that NendoPetit Kancolle set myself at a convention dealer.  Told him I was interested, he asked which one I wanted, and seemed somewhat surprised when I said, "uh, all of them". :teethhappy:  (I normally don't buy Nendos of any kind at conventions because there is a huge bootleg market for them but I know this dealer to be a legit one that actively campaigns for stores that sell bootlegs to be banned from local cons.)

Are you able to read that book that came with your Nendos btw?  I'm quite curious about that female admiral drawn by Kurehito Misaki but I have no ability to read Japanese beyond very basic phrases in Hiragana.  

I'm kinda gay for girls with mini-crowns and midriffs. So it works out for me haha. I have Umi on the way next year, and I ordered the entire Anniversary set.

As for the lovely Misaki Kurehito F.Adm, I'm really not sure what it says, either. Sorry. I keep forgetting to nag my friend to translate it, since all I can really read out of the text is "Good Smile Company".

Generally, even the poseable figures are for display purposes only. Think of them as miniaturized statues rather than dolls. Most people buy them online, and even when you do buy them at a store, it's... Usually a specialized store where it's an expected purchase, anyway.

Members
417 posts
22 battles

Do I need a reason to like them? Also, it comes off as pretty demeaning when you compare something I buy, intended for display and appreciation, to something that young girls play with. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you're in this thread just trolling.

hey i was just wondering! im sorry for upsetting you!!!

685 posts
2,892 battles

I'm kinda gay for girls with mini-crowns and midriffs. So it works out for me haha. I have Umi on the way next year, and I ordered the entire Anniversary set.

As for the lovely Misaki Kurehito F.Adm, I'm really not sure what it says, either. Sorry. I keep forgetting to nag my friend to translate it, since all I can really read out of the text is "Good Smile Company".

Ah I see.  I've no issue with the mini-crown or midriff but those big puffy shorts that remind me of 19th century undergarments just really ruin it for me, haha.  I might make an exception for Umi though, she's my favorite and I try to collect as many figures of her as possible.

Nah no problem.  I was just curious because she looks identical to Kasumigaoka Utaha (who I really like despite thinking that Saekano is otherwise pretty bad) and was wondering if it was supposed to be her cosplaying the Admiral or a new character that just looks similar.

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

Ah I see.  I've no issue with the mini-crown or midriff but those big puffy shorts that remind me of 19th century undergarments just really ruin it for me, haha.  I might make an exception for Umi though, she's my favorite and I try to collect as many figures of her as possible.

Nah no problem.  I was just curious because she looks identical to Kasumigaoka Utaha (who I really like despite thinking that Saekano is otherwise pretty bad) and was wondering if it was supposed to be her cosplaying the Admiral or a new character that just looks similar.

Ahhhh. That's the Touhou fan in me, then :V. I have an oooold Griffin Reimu in my closet that developed a bad forward lean that I couldn't fix. Umi figures are nice! I have her Swimsuit figure~ I really want one of her in her Kyudo-gi and drawing her bow.

Speaking of Utaha, I have the triple set of Utaha, Megumi, and Eriri in my closet. I just need to set them up on my "fanservice" shelf... 

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

Sadly, my collection has not grown since the last thread, for want of viable spaces in my dorm.

That said, I didn't actually post my full (admittedly small) collection in that last one.

Edited by Rion12

[NMKJT]
522 posts
10,175 battles

Ahhhh. That's the Touhou fan in me, then :V. I have an oooold Griffin Reimu in my closet that developed a bad forward lean that I couldn't fix. Umi figures are nice! I have her Swimsuit figure~ I really want one of her in her Kyudo-gi and drawing her bow.

Speaking of Utaha, I have the triple set of Utaha, Megumi, and Eriri in my closet. I just need to set them up on my "fanservice" shelf... 

Always found myself more partial to the various doujin art banners of Touhou...though that hasn't stopped me from finding a figure or two.

Also, Umi with her Kyudo gear. Want: Confirmed.

685 posts
2,892 battles

I never could get into Touhou myself.  I played a couple of the games (poorly) but the characters never really did anything for me.  I think a big part of it was that the "fanon" was already really well-established before I ever found out about it.  Whereas with Kancolle, I got in right from the beginning so I feel like I really know those characters and the fandom instead of being a permanent outsider.

I missed out on that Umi swimsuit figure and still regret it.  I still look for it at cons but so far no luck.

Gotta be honest, if I had that triple set, Utaha and Megumi would go to the fanservice shelf while Eriri would go to the trash can.  I could go on an epic rant about how much I hate Eriri but I'll spare everyone here from that. :teethhappy: