Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WhatIsTheOdds

Karma system needs to be looked at

38 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,046 battles

So apparently Karma system doesn't affect number of votes to chat ban, nevermind. Still, here's a video showing how ridiculous being able to dump all of your reports on an individual to send them a chat ban in just one game is: 

https://www.twitch.tv/neorussia/v/105359680

Content Moderated By Njourour.

Edited by NeoRussia
  • Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Might get slapped for naming and shaming with some of the mouths on those players...:teethhappy:

And I'm having trouble figuring out how you'd get chat banned for what you said, unless you aren't showing all of the conversation...:teethhappy:

WG could have mis-fired, but that's between you and them...

[2GOOD]
Members
943 posts
23,079 battles

Consider:

How you talk to your mates - keep it in division chat if you know them

How you should talk to your parents, or people in authority - general chat.

You may not agree with it, but it's pretty easy to see why some players would report you for what you said there.

[RM-I]
Members
446 posts
5,396 battles

Well you just messed with someone who has a short temper. 

You have the right point for the wrong reasons

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

That is a chat ban, has nothing to do with Karma afaik.

Karma means diddly squat and until it has any point whatsoever there is no reason for it to be "looked at"

Edited by slak__
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,739 battles

Right now from what I can tell although we can gain and lose karma... It doesn't really do anything... More then likely you were just slapped with the complaint system, not with Karma.

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

lol I lost 8 karma when I put on RELIC tags, down to 100 now. Also OP that SS is not going to win over the crowd here. Looks like you and a couple others deserved a chat ban and just a FYI they set it up that no amount of reports will give you a chat ban if you DON'T chat. So they cannot get you a ban if they just don't like you and you didn't type anything in chat.

• Cool 1

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
981 posts
13,276 battles

Yeah, I cannot see how Karma has anything to do with chat ban. You must have been reported and the person who reported you provided a screen shot. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

It takes different players reporting you to trigger the chat ban. You can contest the ban but even if over turned it will probably be over before they do anything but then they will be looking at the people that reported you. Just make sure that you are not saying anything that would justify reporting. Like your grabbing comment. The RU WoWP server permanently banned 3000 players from the reporting system for misuse of it. They were even named and shamed by WG.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,771 battles

lol I lost 8 karma when I put on RELIC tags, down to 100 now. Also OP that SS is not going to win over the crowd here. Looks like you and a couple others deserved a chat ban and just a FYI they set it up that no amount of reports will give you a chat ban if you DON'T chat. So they cannot get you a ban if they just don't like you and you didn't type anything in chat.

you have Rel 3 to thank for that problem. They cause a lot in game griefing  in WOT.:sceptic:

pretty much any clan that has the name relic takes flak now because of it, including their allies.....:hiding:

Edited by BladedPheonix
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,771 battles

It takes different players reporting you to trigger the chat ban. You can contest the ban but even if over turned it will probably be over before they do anything but then they will be looking at the people that reported you. Just make sure that you are not saying anything that would justify reporting. Like your grabbing comment. The RU WoWP server permanently banned 3000 players from the reporting system for misuse of it. They were even named and shamed by WG.

too bad the NA server doesn't have the cohonies to do something like that.:amazed:

sadly our Staff team are too afraid to "offend" people. What ever happened to "tough love"?:look:

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

Getting banned because a division doesn't like you is one thing.

Getting banned for blatant flaming is entirely something else and you honestly deserved it.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,054 posts
8,280 battles

I see this as a funny/joke way of that players saying on how to kill a Cleveland. So I don't blame NeoRussia from what he just typed in. Again, to me, it seems it was just a joke in the end and the players are to stupid and took it offensively and seriously.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Maybe make less edgy jokes

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

I heard that joke at least 20x's (literally) in game around the election.

I've heard much worse, and willing to bet everyone here could say the same.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,046 battles

I was under the assumption that the higher your Karma is the less likely it is for you to get chat-banned, as I've had at least 3 chat bans almost in a row now, and my karma has not been this low before, and just from one game? Also you guys do realize I'm not the yellow name right? 

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,379 posts
14,209 battles

idk about you, but my Karma currently sits at 44. It used to be 50, but then someone got mad at me for not doing exactly as they say, so they dropped all 7 reports on me. I did get one compliment from someone else on my team for dealing with captain angry, but one compliment doesn't compensate for 7 reports from the same person, which sucks. I was so proud of reaching that 50 and then yeaaaaa........

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

I was under the assumption that the higher your Karma is the less likely it is for you to get chat-banned, as I've had at least 3 chat bans almost in a row now, and my karma has not been this low before, and just from one game? Also you guys do realize I'm not the yellow name right? 

The first two players responded by making jokes "silver bullet" and the tasteless but still joking "Grab 'em". Pop culture jokes are normal. 

You shifted the conversation to politics, and were not joking. Wrong. 

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

Getting banned because a division doesn't like you is one thing.

Getting banned for blatant flaming is entirely something else and you honestly deserved it.

I'm going to get you banned X15 for using that ugly grey color theme in your sig.  :P   Black is the new black.

Sign in to follow this