You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

Your best citadels

62 comments in this topic

Members
342 posts
6,006 battles

My best citadel hit was when I was playing with my Iowa. I saw another enemy iowa behind the island approaching my position, I started seeing him at 6.0 km, I was on bow, aiming to the waterline first front turret. In that position I could shoot all my shells, can't believe that... 3 citadel hits, 56900 HP. I couldnt kill that Iowa because his HP was around 70000 but died a minute or less after that. I will never forget it. And you? What was your best citadel hit?

Edited by Avrova1904

[W_H_S]
Members
147 posts
13,265 battles

Mine was when I blind fire at an Cleveland with my Scharnhorst and one shotting it when I lost detection with him

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

Arkansas Beta in Big Race, 13km devstrike on a Furutaka from max HP near the beginning of the match. I felt terrible since that was the person's first match in the thing and I was the first one to fire at him, too.

Edit: Derp, ArkBeta can't even get to 15km with mods, lol.

Edited by Cruiser_Louisville

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Hard to say.  Some of the ones I still remember though:

The longest-range DS I've ever had: nuking an Iowa from 20km with the Izumo.

V9XAGe9.jpg

Highest damage I've ever had in a single salvo: just under 63k with the Amagi.

YMc6rvw.jpg

Lolpenning at its finest.

qmXthXC.png

From this day onwards, I stopped having any faith in the Yamato's armor.  This guy made that mistake, got stuck on his teammate's corpse, and this was the result.

nrD0bSY.jpg

Edited by TenguBlade

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

If you count a detonation as a citadel, 2 salvos at the limit of my range...I managed to nuke a destroyer before it could kill our carrier once...

[FYYFF]
Members
648 posts
16,724 battles

Mine was in public test... When I fired point blank into the side of a Montana from 3km away and hit 6 citadels for something like 80k damage.

But that's what makes public test fun. :-)

Members
1,348 posts
13,885 battles

My best was a few months ago in the Fuso on the Trident map. 

My first volley was kind of a blind fire. A Cleveland was spotted for about 3 seconds, letting me get direction and distance. I fired blind. Two citadels and a few more hits and he died on that volley. 

My second volley was at a Konigsberg, which detonated with one citadel. 

I ended up with Kraken, Confederate and High Caliber in that match. 

The next most fun one was me in a Blyskawica firing a single round (front gun just came to bear) at the front of a Nicholas at about 1.3 km. Citadel and he exploded. Literally one shot kill. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,389 posts
10,167 battles

Myogi, consecutive devstrikes at 2 CL, 18 and 17 km away, very early in game. The blessings of RNGesus are amazing to behold.

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

Citadeled an Atlanta six times with one salvo from my Kutuzov, insta-delete. 

Also this old match where I citadeled an Atago nine times in Blyskawica.. 

zOAZgIA.png

Edited by RevolutionBlues

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

Crappy quality picture, but it is from an old plays.tv recording. This one one of my first games in my DM, facing another DM. I fired one salvo with all 6 forward guns, and scored all six as citadel hits, for a devistating strike. Granted it was at only 3.5km....

0dEX1hU.jpg

Short clip of the delete.

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

My favourite Citadel moment was sailing Atlanta and I managed to register Citadels with 12 of the 14 shots against a Cleveland at about 5 km.

I think he was more surprised than I was.

[TWICE]
Members
265 posts
7,597 battles

My best Cit that i remember was when i ambushed a Emerald with my Cleaveland. One Salvo AP deleted the full HP ship, same happend much earlier with a Svetlana and me in my Cleave again.

[EGO]
Members
113 posts
21,844 battles

This wasn't even my record. My record was 7 citadels in one volley (I did about 72k damage, but only because that's all the hp he had left).  I don't have a screen of that one, though.  :trollface:

shot-16.07.15_10.54.45-0142_zpsfty0m0df.jpg

Edited by Wrayeth

Members
6,886 posts
14,856 battles

Today actually - quad cit on an Iowa in my N Caro - near full health (very close to full health I believe) and deleted the Iowa.  I will have to see a replay to see how much health it had when I got it.  Really rare for me to get multiple cits on a single ship.

Edited by CylonRed

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

3 14km citadel hits on a Nurnburg in my Myoko. After I sank him, he called me a hacker.

Members
314 posts
2,035 battles

Got two that are most memorable.

First is much like yours, only driving the North Carolina. Got an Iowa sailing bow on at me, so I decide to cut left around an island, drop down to 1/4 speed once I'm out of his sight, he comes around the right of the island with his guns rotated toward something else, full salvo from about 5-6 km away devistating stike 7 citadels.

Second was driving the shiny horse, friendly Colorado being hounded bad by a cruiser lighting him up with HE and getting ready for torps, he calls SOS, I snap off a quick salvo from max range just hoping to scare the cruiser a little and boom devestating strike 4 citadels.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,562 battles

This one from yesterday was pretty funny, poor guy probably thought I would spam HE at him then try for my lolbad torpedoes. 

2uzt6qa.jpg

2r7yd02.jpg

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

There was that Hosho I spiked with my Kongo on Big Race, once. 3 minutes into the match, our carrier's aircraft reveal theirs is stationary so I took a shot.

~15 seconds later, several overpens, 4 citadel hits, and first blood. It was several patches ago and I wish I'd recorded it.

[EGO]
Members
113 posts
21,844 battles

This one from yesterday was pretty funny, poor guy probably thought I would spam HE at him then try for my lolbad torpedoes. 

2r7yd02.jpg

​This, sir, is epic.  (Both the 11-citadels-in-one-salvo-from-an-Atlanta bit and the Monty Python image.)
Edited by Wrayeth
  • Cool 1

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Have to be the Gnevny, today.

Caught a Aoba and Furutaka trying to cap on a Standard, made them pay:)

She is a pain in the [edited]to play though, its Grems less accomplished, not nearly as talented, idiot brother.

But...

When you get a broadside Cruiser, she is exactly like Grem. AP Cit Monster.

Getting there and sorting through all of Gnevs [edited]is the problem

Edited by slak__