You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

20 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Scharnhorst has been very good for me so far so I would recommend it . Emden I have no idea about .

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

If you liked Hipper and did well with her, then Prinz Eugen will fit you just fine.  Otherwise you're going to struggle.

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

Scharnhorst is worth it, Prinz Eugen is worth it if you really like the Admiral Hipper. But in general, since you are getting the bundle for some of the more expensive ships in the bundle, the it sounds like it's worth it.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I recommend grinding the tiers not buying your way into them.

Premium ships are Lollipops for Suckers.

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

The nice thing about the bundles is *supposedly* if you already own the ships in the bundle, you're refunded the undiscounted equivalent in doubloons, which are always nice to have.

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,073 posts
14,294 battles

The nice thing about the bundles is *supposedly* if you already own the ships in the bundle, you're refunded the undiscounted equivalent in doubloons, which are always nice to have.

Why do you say supposedly? Has someone had an issue with this? It says pretty plainly that's what you get. 

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,073 posts
14,294 battles

I'm seriously debating getting the German bundle for the Scharnhorst and Prinz, as I already have Torpitz and Emden. It's a good chunk of change though. Any opinions/suggestions?

I think they're both great. I'd highly recommend the bundle. Since you have Tirpitz and Emden you'll get somewhere around 14,000 doubloons as well I think. (Pretty sure Tirp is 12,500) 

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

Why do you say supposedly? Has someone had an issue with this? It says pretty plainly that's what you get. 

Some people got worked up because the bundles didn't explicitly state this, but having bought one I can tell you it works.

What bundles?

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
990 posts
9,588 battles

Now that I've had a chance to learn the Hipper, I am so pissed I missed on the Eugen. 

Members
7 posts
1,425 battles

I may get it. Think I'm going to wait until Monday so see if they'll sell them individually for Cyber Monday or something. Otherwise, I'll probably get the bundle. It'll be worth it for the doubloons alone haha

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

Are they worth the money?

Scharnhorst? - In my opinion that's a yes, unique gameplay, one of the best batteships, recommend watching any number of reviews which talk about how great it is in detail.

Prinz Eugen - it depends. I say it's a good ship but there are others who are not impressed with it.

While Scharnhorst is totally different than Gneisenau, Tirpitz differs than Bismarck, Eugen isn't different than Hipper by very much.

So do I like the Hipper and Eugen and think they are good ships? Yes, their guns are great and I quite enjoy playing them.

Can I recommend the Eugen? Only if your answer is "The Hipper is my favorite ship, I'd like to make more credits while playing her" OR I wan't a high-tier German cruiser without grinding down the lines or you wish to get the ship due to it's name, the Prinz Eugen was a very distinguished cruiser.

[BOW]
Beta Testers
10 posts
1,697 battles

I picked up the german pack, I already had Derpitz so i got 12500 dubloons out of it. 

OMG THE SCHARNHORST, I don't know where this thing has been all my life. I've won 10 out of 11 of my first games with with with nearly 90k average damage and a 2.8 k/d ratio. The thing is a bloody beast with great range on secondaries, torps, great armour, fast firing guns that can light people on fire or rip through pretty much anything with ap at close range. I just play her like a weird BB/cruiser/tirpitz hybrid and it works like a charm. 

Worth it for the scharn. 

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

OMG THE SCHARNHORST, I don't know where this thing has been all my life. I've won 10 out of 11 of my first games with with with nearly 90k average damage and a 2.8 k/d ratio. The thing is a bloody beast with great range on secondaries, torps, great armour, fast firing guns that can light people on fire or rip through pretty much anything with ap at close range. I just play her like a weird BB/cruiser/tirpitz hybrid and it works like a charm. 

Worth it for the scharn. 

Truth.  The thing is a credit earning machine.  Use it to train your German captains, because there is no penalty for rotating them in and out.  Even a lossed round yields a lot of XP and credits.

[BOW]
Beta Testers
10 posts
1,697 battles

Truth.  The thing is a credit earning machine.  Use it to train your German captains, because there is no penalty for rotating them in and out.  Even a lossed round yields a lot of XP and credits.

Yea, it's really does print credits like mad, and it's the most fun ship i've played in this game so far.

Here's my 15th game in it, my team still managed to lose though :/ 

mqZU0Ly.jpg

Members
7 posts
1,425 battles

DamnitI managed to miss it this time. Was going to purchase them yesterday and got caught up at work. Oh well, there's always next time, and hopefully I'll be getting 'Mo when she's released, and definitely Graf Spee and Arizona if they resell her