You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wombatmetal

PVE Economy - Thanks WG!

27 comments in this topic

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

The "addition" monies are back in PVE. This cuts down the cost of the sip charge in a match by 50%, which makes the economy in PVE much more doable. They listened. Hey Thanks WG!

• Cool 2

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

In that case I may just drag my high-tiers out of mothballs and also loosen the purse-strings for a Premium.

Unless, of course, this is another temporary adjustment just to lure us back.

• Cool 1

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

Unfortunately - It's just 25% - not the 50% it used to be.

Still - It's better than no rebate at all

Yep...noticed it yesterday. Actually made a profit in my Leningrad and Yorck. Instead of just complaining on the forum (I did that too), I sent a letter to Pigeon_of_War and asked if he would look into that dang Service Fee(tax). Maybe he did. He is a pretty cool dude and easy to talk to. One of the few in WG's upper echelon that is on our side.  
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

I just noticed this today- I thought I was seeing things, too much rich food or something, lol.

Sweet- now I can grind Yorck and Colorado without losing credits every other game.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Yep...noticed it yesterday. Actually made a profit in my Leningrad and Yorck. Instead of just complaining on the forum (I did that too), I sent a letter to Pigeon_of_War and asked if he would look into that dang Service Fee(tax). Maybe he did. He is a pretty cool dude and easy to talk to. One of the few in WG's upper echelon that is on our side.  

Yes, I'm sure your personal note did the trick, and all the recent forum rage had nothing to do with it....:teethhappy:

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

Yes, I'm sure your personal note did the trick, and all the recent forum rage had nothing to do with it....:teethhappy:

Who cares what did the trick, they listened and made the change. Is the game perfect? No, but they listen better than any other game and deserve to hear it when they do. GJ mates, GJ
  • Cool 1

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

it is ?  because I was just in  doing the 500k damage mission, and this was pretty disappointing,  Thinking there is no way Im gong past T6 as I'll start losing money in CVs.

wquLdhB.jpg

OfXwjEa.jpg

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

Very good,this should make some of my non premium T7/8 ships make a bit of a profit now.

it is ?  because I was just in  doing the 500k damage mission, and this was pretty disappointing,  Thinking there is no way Im gong past T6 as I'll start losing money in CVs.

Thats a 111k damage mission? :D 

You may still be getting affected by the other economy changes as a CV player.Remember WG is trying to get players to push more and do more in a match,which would be harder for a CV.Although with 553 base XP ,which is a good result for PvE,it should have payed out more I would have thought.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

wquLdhB.jpg

OfXwjEa.jpg

Haven't played PVE lately, are they adding it in there, or after you return to the port, like they did last time? That looks like a standard service fee at tier 6.

[LNWLF]
Members
172 posts

You had to mention the service fee. It rubs me the wrong way, its bull%$#^.....   I don't mind paying to repair damage done up to the max when sunk,but its complete BULL&^%$ that I have to pay even if I take no damage.  Its only punishes the players and many will just stop playing its not going to make them spend money on WOWS.

If the average Joe cant play and make a little silver each match at EVERY tier he will never spend money and he will not stick around.  WOWS needs the money like any business and we need the players or it all goes away.

Edited by MasterofGladness

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Haven't played PVE lately, are they adding it in there, or after you return to the port, like they did last time? That looks like a standard service fee at tier 6.

After you return to port the bottom right should have the popup "Addition". For example, the Benson now receives 18750 credits after every match. The battle result does not take the rebate into account.

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

I heard back from Pigeon_of_War today. A great guy, BTW. I don't think he will mind me quoting him:

"No probs! It was actually your message that got the ball rolling to fix it. Glad we could help!"

And if you don't believe it, I would be happy to forward his message to you.
Is your first name Thomas by any chance? :)

Really, it doesn't matter who or what got the fees lowered. It means we can again play Co-Op and make a decent amount of credits instead of losing them every game. THAT is what matters. :)
  • Cool 2

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Thanks, that's really great, I play a lot of co-op, and really enjoy it.

• Cool 1

[AWP]
Beta Testers
542 posts
4,244 battles

The "addition" monies are back in PVE. This cuts down the cost of the sip charge in a match by 50%, which makes the economy in PVE much more doable. They listened. Hey Thanks WG!

why even though?

it would be different if there were challenges that were hard and rewarding in PVE as it stands its a place for people who dont like competitive games playing a competitive game....and hiding from what might be more skilled opponents.

played like 1 or 2 games in pve like just out of OBT or near the end of CBT and just said nope.

heck warframe has a more conpetetive feel and its built around pve and coop...who can kill the most the most accurately co-op is just missing something...

Edited by flounder2760

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

why even though?

it would be different if there were challenges that were hard and rewarding in PVE as it stands its a place for wusses who dont like competitive games playing a competitive game....and hiding from seal clubbers.

played like 1 or 2 games in pve like just out of OBT or near the end of CBT and just said nope.

heck warframe has a more conpetetive feel and its built around pve and coop...who can kill the most the most accurately co-op is just missing something...

FTFY

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Yeah, let's not turn this into an anti-PVE crapfest, please.

Thanks, Wargaming, for putting that back into the game. It is very much appreciated.

• Cool 1

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

Yeah, let's not turn this into an anti-PVE crapfest, please.

Thanks, Wargaming, for putting that back into the game. It is very much appreciated.

Well said. Not sure why PvP players feel that unstoppable urge to badmouth PvE. We really couldn't care less about their mode. Why should they care about ours? :unsure:
  • Cool 1

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Is your first name Thomas by any chance? :)

More like "Doubting".

"Thomas" would be his family name.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

Well said. Not sure why PvP players feel that unstoppable urge to badmouth PvE. We really couldn't care less about their mode. Why should they care about ours? :unsure:

It's like Tourette's- they just can't help themselves.  We should be more supportive, and offer them names of good mental health professionals.
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,841 posts
30,530 battles

Thanks Wargaming and Deputy, it definitely makes a difference! Working on that 70 million credits now! 

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,907 posts
19,236 battles

Yep, never thought I'd make a dime at tier X in Co-op

Thank you WG!

Screenshot_29_zpsi8f1wyve.jpg

This was a nice surprise as well. 

Screenshot_18_zpstbvbuggj.jpg

Edited by SpudZero
  • Cool 1

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

It's like Tourette's- they just can't help themselves.  We should be more supportive, and offer them names of good mental health professionals.

Ironically, I actually have Tourette's Syndrome. :playing: It's an interesting experience, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

More like "Doubting".

"Thomas" would be his family name.

LOL...that's what I meant. I was just a tad more subtle ;-)