Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

Fiji: Don't Discount Secondaries

13 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,000 battles

Just got out of a way-too-close scrap with 2 DDs playing Fiji.  My secondaries finished off the first, letting me focus on the second.  This is not the first "Close Quarters Expert" my Fiji has earned.  I have a habit of always selecting the nearest DD for secondaries regardless of what ship I'm playing (except DDs of course) and it pays off in Fiji.

With AFT, secondary range is 6.3.  BFT boosts rate of fire to 89 rpm per side.  I put those skills on for AA but the secondary boost is a nice side benefit.

I'm not suggesting that this is the British cruiser equivalent of Bismarck secondaries!  However, it's worth getting in the habit of selecting ships close to you - and not just DDs.  If a cruiser is within 7 km, why not?

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,131 battles

Royal Navy secondaries aren't too shabby.  

Like you, I kind of figured this out by accident when I got to Leander.  The lack of having to choose between DE and AFT makes it an automatic for a semi-secondary/AA build.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
4,964 battles

Secondaries and Torpedoes at 6.0km - 7.2km Emerald to Neptune. Charge my smoke cloud will you? I'm prepared to fight back. 

[SYJ]
Members
224 posts
9,595 battles

my Fiji and edin, have maxed out 2nd with a range of 7.6km thay are a beast

p.s. with flage this is how you start fires with the brits. ssshhhhhhhh  don't tell any one

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,000 battles

my Fiji and edin, have maxed out 2nd with a range of 7.6km thay are a beast

p.s. with flage this is how you start fires with the brits. ssshhhhhhhh  don't tell any one

If a ship can earn the Mike Yankee Soxisix flag, I guess she should fly them too!

[WK]
Members
222 posts
11,566 battles

A good topic Landin_Skipper,

I too have discovered the amazing secondary powers of Fiji... for the first 10 matches I did every single time I seen my secondary battery open fire at ranged enemies higher than 5km and actually hitting and doing damage I was like :amazed: I do have secondary mod 2 but do not even have BFT or AFT... yet.

In one match I did my secondary battery did over 1000 damage to a BB at over 5km with only two shots... started a fire too that went on to do more damage :teethhappy: Going to put my Fiji Commander who has BoS, FP, SI & SE on the Tier X British CL but I tell you when I recruit a dedicated Fiji commander I am definitely going to give them BFT, AFT & MFFSG abilities so I can have maximum Tier VII CL secondary fun. :D

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,102 posts
30,874 battles

I didn't think Fiji's secondary battery count was significant enough to warrant SBM2, etc.  Now, Edinburgh at the next tier is a different matter entirely.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,000 battles

I didn't think Fiji's secondary battery count was significant enough to warrant SBM2, etc.  Now, Edinburgh at the next tier is a different matter entirely.

I never considered SBM2 for Fiji. However, with BFT and AFT the secondaries were sufficient to sink a DD off to the side of the cruiser who also was trying to kill me. 

The British cruisers need their main guns, and the more accurate the better. 

[ANZ4C]
Alpha Tester
325 posts
9,480 battles

I got a CQB kill on an Amagi last night with the Edinburgh oO

(my torpedos left him on sweet bugger all health)

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,000 battles

I got a CQB kill on an Amagi last night with the Edinburgh oO

(my torpedos left him on sweet bugger all health)

Classic!

LOL :D

Edited by Landing_Skipper

Sign in to follow this