You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Blown Up!

6 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

On hears the saying, "blown out of the water" from time to time but WOWS takes it literally. This is what happened to my poor Nicholas when I got stuck in front of a torp spread.

Pr9RqCO.jpg

Here is the replay, fast forward to where I'm at the end of the narrow channel between the two islands.

https://www.mediafire.com/?wdzktkq7w0h1puv

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

This is an advanced dodging manouver that was developed during WW2. If you were in great danger you activated a magnetic mield strong enough to lift you out of the water. This would cause all incoming projectiles to miss. You triggered it a second too late though.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

Yeeuppp... I knew they'd add flying boats into the game. =P Are you sure you were blown up though? Your Nicholas didn't just jump out of the way of the torps? =p

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

Here is an external view that's even more impressive (I'm still learning how to work the replay system).

mKkCwBA.jpg

Edit: I apologize for not editing the chat on this one, we had a guy on the team who was really cranky.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

Here is the video. It is my first foray into doing a video screen capture and uploading to YouTube.

Edit: Be kind, I'm 60 years old -- I didn't grow up with this stuff.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

Here is the video. It is my first foray into doing a video screen capture and uploading to YouTube.

Edit: Be kind, I'm 60 years old -- I didn't grow up with this stuff.

Cool stuff man, made me laugh. =P Seeing the picture is one thing, seeing it actually happening is quite another. +1s all around