You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
superiorcraft

CV advice needed

15 comments in this topic

[AP]
Members
31 posts
19,377 battles

I was playing CV tonight (Hiryu), and I found my 2 squad of fighters were vanished within 1 or 2 second, and my fighters were in full health, fighters upgraded, and I am just facing another Hiryu, what the heck happened to my fighters, and what can I prevent it next time from loosing 8 fighters at once? or, how can I do it as well?

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,721 battles

that would be the strafing run... the skill that fighters get... works the same way as the manual run for torp bombers except air only.

Members
1,451 posts
11,022 battles

That most probably was a strafe from enemy fighter if there was not enemy ships around. It is the manual attack mode for fighters, same function as torp and dive bombers. You can drag your planes sideways when you see enemy planes initiating that attack. And try not to groups all planes together

Try to do the attack yourself and maybe practice it in co-op. When you understand the mechanism, it will be easier to avoid

Edited by Takamachi_Nanoha_sg

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,721 battles

how can i avoid it

keep moving around, don't use predictable patterns... don't fly or sail in strait lines.

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

how can i avoid it

Keep your planes changing direction when near enemy fighters.  Don't group up your planes when near enemy fighters.  Strafing is an absolute game changer when you can pull it off.

[OPGS]
Members
608 posts
4,038 battles

Strafe work very well agains't targets moving away. Moving toward him and slightly toward left or right will minimize the time you are in the dead zone. Although ideally, you don't want to be strafed.

Edited by marcmad

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

keep moving around, don't use predictable patterns... don't fly or sail in strait lines.

And pray, because I've told my fighters/attack group to move, they take too long, and still get strafed, or still end up hit outside the hit box, and a dozen other things that have the same damn result. Reasons I say it should be reworked just to debuff grouped bombers accuracy because it blows for gameplay, nothing should have an auto delete enemy button, and ain't exactly accurate to history.
  • Cool 1

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

Alternatively,  aggression works well.  A lot of times CV captains are expecting you to keep running so when you charge their planes,  you hit them before the strafe starts.  

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

Move wide to the enemy fighters' side as you see them...it takes time for them to change directions.

...and a failed strafe leave your enemy with less ammo. Take advantage of it if you can.

[SCCC]
Members
715 posts
22,138 battles

Another more "skilled" way that technically, can be pulled off (I've done it before) is that you can get behind his bombers right after he initiates strafing and counter strafe.

[BOTES]
Members
2,394 posts
10,558 battles

As counter intuitive as this sounds, charge strafe happy captains. The hit detection is really wacky and you can fly straight through them. You might lose a fighter, but you'll engage behind the strafe and follow it. It's a great way to go after usn fighters and pick off 1-2 planes while not taking any damage yourself to even out the numbers. It's a similar concept to turning into torp bombers to make them hit before they arm.

[SIMNZ]
Members
767 posts
7,551 battles

And don't bunch your air groups all together.