You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GhostSwordsman

Um... wat? (could anyone explain this?)

8 comments in this topic

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

xB7iy7y.jpg

Two over-pens for 10k damage? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. I know that you can over penetrate the citadel, but wouldn't at least one of these have been a citadel hit? two over-pens for an Amagi should have only been ~3k damage, not 10k. Anyone have any idea what might have been up with what happened here?

9BNh4DU.jpg

Edit: Here's a screenshot showing where the shells struck:

oQfLC06.jpg

And here's one showing that it's not a UI error, he did in fact lose 10k HP:

ikAuX9X.jpg

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

I'm thinking they were two penetrations rather than two over-penetrations. Five-thousand damage per penetration sounds about right for a non-citadel hit. 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I'm thinking they were two penetrations rather than two over-penetrations. Five-thousand damage per penetration sounds about right for a non-citadel hit.

Couldn't have been two normal pens. The Yamato only does 4800 damage on a normal pen, with 18.1" guns. The Amagi is sporting 16" guns.

[WOLF6]
Members
33 posts
14,800 battles

You got 2 unregistered penetrations, and 2 registered pens

Each penetration of Amagi´s shells deals 4158(12600*33%), so 8316

2 overpens = 2520

8316 + 2520 = 10836

It happens

Edited by TH4NKZ

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

You got 2 unregistered penetrations, and 2 registered pens

Each penetration of Amagi´s shells deals 4158(12600*33%), so 8316

2 overpens = 2520

8316 + 2520 = 10836

It happens

So, then this is just a result of limitations in the UI? Since it only registered the over-pens, and not the normal penetrations?

Edit: Also, I wasn't aware shells could count for more than one penetration when damage is calculated. Though, it still doesn't seem to explain why it was two over-pens and then two normal penetrations.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[WOLF6]
Members
33 posts
14,800 battles

So, then this is just a result of limitations in the UI? Since it only registered the over-pens, and not the normal penetrations?

Edit: Also, I wasn't aware shells could count for more than one penetration when damage is calculated. Though, it still doesn't seem to explain why it was two over-pens and then two normal penetrations.

Probably. Sometimes, when I play my NC, the UI shows that I hit 1 or 2 overpens, but the damage shown is around 4-8k dmg