Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
natedawg247

My Tips for pensacola players

5 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
4,806 battles

There are several threads on here of people asking how to make the Pensacola playable. Let me start off by telling you something you already know. The Pensacola, compared to its own tier, is terrible. But it is not useless. The easiest way to that I have found to make efficient use of the pensa is to division up with with either a DD or royal navy cruiser. When you get into trouble having them smoke you up can often save your life(and the match). Enemy ships will be more hesitant to push up when they realize there are 203mm guns shooting back at them in addition to the 152s and 127s of DDs and RN cruisers. Also the range modification is one of the first upgrades you will want to purchase since staying away from enemy BBs is a must in this ship(anything closer than 12km is an instant delete). Since there aren't that many CVs in the game currently it is also not a bad idea to equip hydro instead of defensive AA. Even though its not that great compared to other implementations of hydro it will help you and your division mate spot the torpedoes that will inevitably be fired into your smoke screen. And finally, bringing a captain with the concealment expert perk to your pensa will be a big help. 

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

To add onto that:

○ Keep turning evasively while keeping the enemy at the edge of your range. USN guns are fairly accurate once you get past their long flight times. 

○ USN AP has better auto-ricochet angles than those of other nations. Enjoy more forgiving shells on those angle enemies.

○ Remember that you're basically one of the most nimble cruisers in your tier, with the shortest rudder shift and a turning circle only beaten by Fiji.

○ Your bow and stern armor aren't as paper against shells as some people seem to think. 

Edited by Cruiser_Louisville

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

○ Unless WG changed Normalization mechanics like they said they might, the USN shells have better normalization values than other nations and can thus penetrate at a wider range of angles.

Normalization is now based on caliber only, but USN AP has better auto-ricochet angle.
  • Cool 1

Members
390 posts
2,764 battles

I just got mine and have played a few games stock. So far I'm waiting for when I'm supposed to hate her. I feel sort of like I'm in the Molotov with floatier shells and an absolutely abysmal turret traverse.

Sign in to follow this