You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

misconception damage and credit/exp earnings

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

i keep reading that credit/exp is based on % of dmg done not on the pure dmg numbers

but ii have a feeling that it is that it is FALSE

so for example if I am in Atago and in one game I killed a Gearing and did 100% of the dmg, which would be about 20k dmg, that I would get just as much credits and exp as if I did 100% of dmg to a yamato, which would be 100k dmg

it seems that i would definitely get more cred/exp from doing killing a yamato 100% vs killing a gearing 100%

and there are games where i would be doing 50k dmg in Atago to multiple DDs but the creds earned would be no where near the games where i did 150k to multiple BBs

it seems that cred/exp earning is MORE dependent on raw dmg numbers than % dmg 

thats why ppl are so happy sniping in their BBs and doing high raw dmg numbers.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

It's a combination of both. You get more for 100% damage to a Yamato than 100% damage to a Gearing, but you get more for 20k damage to a Gearing than 20k damage to a Yamato.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

It's a combination of both. You get more for 100% damage to a Yamato than 100% damage to a Gearing, but you get more for 20k damage to a Gearing than 20k damage to a Yamato.

it should not be like that, should be completely based on % dmg

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

A mix of things makes it better

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

Why 'should' it?

[SYN]
Members
336 posts
16,551 battles

You get more for 100% damage to a Yamato than 100% damage to a Gearing

I think, because of the heal, you would typically do more than 100% to a Yamato.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Then you also have to add in that you get more for dealing damage to a higher tier ship than to an even tier ship or lower tier ship i.e. dealing 30% damage to a Gearing compared to 30% damage to a Benson while being in a Atago. There are lots of factors that go in to how much exp you get or how many credits you get.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

it seems that cred/exp earning is MORE dependent on raw dmg numbers than % dmg 

thats why ppl are so happy sniping in their BBs and doing high raw dmg numbers.

Actually, it's because they haven't the skill to do damage to DDs, or the cojones to get close enough.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Then you also have to add in that you get more for dealing damage to a higher tier ship than to an even tier ship or lower tier ship i.e. dealing 30% damage to a Gearing compared to 30% damage to a Benson while being in a Atago. There are lots of factors that go in to how much exp you get or how many credits you get.

Plus all the other stuff that nets you rewards.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

so for example if I am in Atago and in one game I killed a Gearing and did 100% of the dmg, which would be about 20k dmg, that I would get just as much credits and exp as if I did 100% of dmg to a yamato, which would be 100k dmg

Just curious - have you ever 100% killed a Yamato? :teethhappy:

I had quite a few games last night in a Murmansk and what I definitely saw is that my returns are very similar in games where I stay behind and burn BBs from afar, finishing with 70-80k damage and games where I played balls-to-the-wall style going into caps and killing DDs and just scoring 30-40k damage before getting deleted.

And it's a good thing, because I can change my play style based on what is required at the moment without worrying that it will net me less exp/credits.

Edited by geser98
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

Just curious - have you ever 100% killed a Yamato? :teethhappy:

I had quite a few games last night in a Murmansk and what I definitely saw is that my returns are very similar in games where I stay behind and burn BBs from afar, finishing with 70-80k damage and games where I played balls-to-the-wall style going into caps and killing DDs and just scoring 30-40k damage before getting deleted.

And it's a good thing, because I can change my play style based on what is required at the moment without worrying that it will net me less exp/credits.

yes i have just yesterday in atago 100% killed a yamato that grounded with something like 8 torp hits

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

yes i have just yesterday in atago 100% killed a yamato that grounded with something like 8 torp hits

Oh, nice. I didn't doubt you, just was curious :teethhappy: 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,949 battles

XP and credits are not determined according to the same formula, or one would always be a direct multiple of the other (they aren't).

From what I can tell, XP favors %health, while credits favor total damage.

Edited by Edgecase